Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars (30130 Views)

John Boyega Wears Nigerian Jersey: When I Wear This Top I Become An Amala Eater / John Boyega Kissing Genevieve Nnaji (Photo) / Doris Samuel Akonanya: Amputated Actress Plays Her First Lead Role In "Susanna" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by WaffenSS(m): 4:24pm On Dec 06, 2015
dominique:
African Americans once complained that Josh Lucas doesn't use blacks for his movies (despite having a black wife). That must have prompted him to cast the guy.

I was the first to respond to this but the useless mods blocked my comment on my other username. Here's what i said:

1. It's George Lucas, not Josh Lucas, and he has very little to do with this film since he's sold Lucasfilm to Disney. JJ Abrams, the guy who doid the startrek reboot, is the director of ST:TFW.

2. Lando Calrissian, played by Billy Dee Williams, is black.

3. Mace Windu, as has been said after my earlier comments, is black.

4. Captain Quarsh Panaka of Naboo, is black, played by Hugh Quarshie.

There's always been at least one black actor since the very first trilogy
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by pickabeau1: 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2015
pcguru1:

Boyega, But Joshua reminded me about the blood "midichlorian".

Is he force sensitive too

I thought the buzz was that he was a black stormtrooper

pcguru1:

So what is Kyle Loren (vader fan boy) running under ?

If u read the comics or books, a lot of people were loyal to palpatine

They used his holocrons to cause problems
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 06, 2015
joseph1832:
No the Force isn't drawn to certain people and of course it is hereditary. If one possess midichlorian, then ones offspring will possess it also.

Midichlorian resides in all living being. However, one need to be train in the ways of the Force for one to be able to use the Force. Remember, its not just Jedi and sith who know how to use the Force, there are others too who are skilled in the use of the Force.

Can you mention the "others" to jug my memory, because apart from the Siths and Jedis nothing comes to mind.
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by stevedeey(m): 4:27pm On Dec 06, 2015
Gboyega I know, which one is Boyega again?
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2015
pickabeau1:

Is he force sensitive too

I thought the buzz was that he was a black stormtrooper

If u read the comics or books, a lot of people were loyal to palpatine

They used his holocrons to cause problems

Never read the comics mostly stuck to the Games (Jedi outcast, Jedi Academy,Force Unleashed) and the movies. But i will dive into the comic if it the timelines involves the Skywalker and Palpatine
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by WaffenSS(m): 4:36pm On Dec 06, 2015
pcguru1:

So what is Kyle Loren (vader fan boy) running under ?

Kylo Ren. "Member of the Knights of Ren".

"Ren" is synonymous with "Darth" of the Sith.

I'm suspecting some sort of connection between Kylo Ren and Rey....maybe another Luke/Leia connection?
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by Gassa007: 4:37pm On Dec 06, 2015
Adaure4ever:
He looks cute. Congratz to him.
Naija girls,any guy that's successful and famous is always CUTE...
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2015
Gassa007:

Naija girls,any guy that's successful and famous is always CUTE...

Haba was that unnecessary, or do you have a complex or something ? it's her opinion so why the attack , you sounded jealous there or are you ?

1 Like

Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by WaffenSS(m): 4:40pm On Dec 06, 2015
pcguru1:

Can you mention the "others" to jug my memory, because apart from the Siths and Jedis nothing comes to mind.

General Grievous. He has a higher midichlorian count than Exar Kun himself.
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 06, 2015
WaffenSS:

General Grievous. He has a higher midichlorian count than Exar Kun himself.

Ehmmmm I don't ever recall him being able to wield the force or use it, I only saw him as someone who just loved keeping lightsabers from fallen jedis.

NOTE: I suspect this has something to do with Clone wars, I don't regard Clone wars as part of the Star wars franchise thus swore to never watch it
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by WaffenSS(m): 4:46pm On Dec 06, 2015
pickabeau1:

Boyega is acting as a black stormtrooper which is weird as were supposed to be clones of jango fett

These are not the Imperial Stormtroopers of the old Galactic Empire. These are a new breed stormtroopers of the First Order under Supreme Lord Snoke, the master of Kylo Ren.
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by WaffenSS(m): 4:49pm On Dec 06, 2015
pcguru1:

Ehmmmm I don't ever recall him being able to wield the force or use it, I only saw him as someone who just loved keeping lightsabers from fallen jedis.

NOTE: I suspect this has something to do with Clone wars, I don't regard Clone wars as part of the Star wars franchise thus swore to never watch it

He had a midichlorian count of 11,900. Darth Seer, founder of the Sith order, had 11,200. Mace Windu had 12,000.

By the way, the Clone Wars is canon to the starwars mythology.
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by pickabeau1: 4:51pm On Dec 06, 2015
pcguru1:

Never read the comics mostly stuck to the Games (Jedi outcast, Jedi Academy,Force Unleashed) and the movies. But i will dive into the comic if it the timelines involves the Skywalker and Palpatine

From my knowledge part 7-9 should be about a war race from outside the universe

Yuzhan Bong

Let's see when the film comes out
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by cao(f): 4:51pm On Dec 06, 2015
I was wondering when NL was going to claim him...
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by pickabeau1: 4:52pm On Dec 06, 2015
WaffenSS:

These are not the Imperial Stormtroopers of the old Galactic Empire. These are a new breed stormtroopers of the First Order under Supreme Lord Snoke, the master of Kylo Ren.

OK.....let's hope they are as good

Jango fett was chosen because mandolorians made excellent warriors and they were not scared of jedi
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 06, 2015
WaffenSS:

He had a midichlorian count of 11,900. Darth Seer, founder of the Sith order, had 11,200. Mace Windu had 12,000.

By the way, the Clone Wars is canon to the starwars mythology.

Sigh yeah i just saw George Lucas statement on it,......argggh now i have no choice than to watch it.
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by Gassa007: 5:00pm On Dec 06, 2015
pcguru1:

Haba was that unnecessary, or do you have a complex or something ? it's her opinion so why the attack , you sounded jealous there or are you ?
WTF Jealous of what? Lol you must be a funny dude..
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by WaffenSS(m): 5:00pm On Dec 06, 2015
pcguru1:

Sigh yeah i just saw George Lucas statement on it,......argggh now i have no choice than to watch it.

It's a bit rubbish, really, because to me the clone wars is one of those abstract events best served as an exposition somewhere within the larger narrative. It's not like Tolkien's war of the ring (as it relates to the Hobbit) where there's so much drama in carrying the ring to Mount Doom.

But, there's no harm watching, i guess.
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by WaffenSS(m): 5:01pm On Dec 06, 2015
pickabeau1:

OK.....let's hope they are as good

Jango fett was chosen because mandolorians made excellent warriors and they were not scared of jedi

Well, Jango did run from Obi Wan.....
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 06, 2015
WaffenSS:

It's a bit rubbish, really, because to me the clone wars is one of those abstract events best served as an exposition somewhere within the larger narrative. It's not like Tolkien's war of the ring (as it relates to the Hobbit) where there's so much drama in carrying the ring to Mount Doom.

But, there's no harm watching, i guess.

When i saw the trailer i was so sure i was never gonna watch it, it appeals to children as far as am concerned i think it's pre Revenge of the Sith after Attack of the clones, will give it a try but it's BS left to me.
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by WaffenSS(m): 5:10pm On Dec 06, 2015
pcguru1:

When i saw the trailer i was so sure i was never gonna watch it, it appeals to children as far as am concerned i think it's pre Revenge of the Sith after Attack of the clones, will give it a try but it's BS left to me.

The production values were underwhelming, which isnt surprising since it's nothing more than another Lucas cash grab. The clone wars serve to flesh out the Attack of the Clones story more than it adds new reveals about the rise of the Dark Side under Sidious, or the evolution of Anakin. Just a small weave in the grand tapestry....

But tune out from the canonical flow, and you'd enjoy it...even if for Grievous.
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 06, 2015
also totally unrelated anyone know where i can buy the darth vader mask in Nigeria.
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by shadownick98: 5:15pm On Dec 06, 2015
for more celebrity tips check out these awesome websites www.deffjam.com www.pagnaija. and www.page9ja..com
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by paranorman(m): 5:20pm On Dec 06, 2015
pcguru1:

cry cry my dear forget about my comment please take time and watch Star Wars 1-6 it's the most beautiful thing ever, and am glad am alive to witness Star wars 7, please don't watch Clone wars we don't regard it as part of the star wars franchise. I have them all incase you want it, infact it's my Xmas tradition to perform the Star wars Marathon from morning to night, please dear watch it it's too beautiful
bros, abeg, mail me all these movies na.. I beg of you.
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 06, 2015
paranorman:

bros, abeg, mail me all these movies na.. I beg of you.

haba na gig where do you stay ?
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by bayinq25(m): 5:29pm On Dec 06, 2015
shogz89:
since when biafra begin bear boyega
many IPOB members have been wasted recently so they're desperate...

2 Likes

Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by iamkingzlee(m): 5:33pm On Dec 06, 2015
IamOpemipo:
This dude acted the role of a pilot in 24 latest season, tink I saw him on half of the yellow sun as well, odenigbo's boy..he got a funny nose..lol

Hit Like if u feeling this yorubad boi wink grin
You are soo right. he acted the flight lieutenant with the flight key. He's a BIG boy in the industry oo.. i never expected it!
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 06, 2015
dominique:
African Americans once complained that Josh Lucas doesn't use blacks for his movies (despite having a black wife). That must have prompted him to cast the guy.

It's 'George' and I'm sure I saw Billy Dee Williams in return of the jedi..
Re: John Boyega: Nigerian Playing A Lead Role On Star Wars by pickabeau1: 5:35pm On Dec 06, 2015
WaffenSS:

Well, Jango did run from Obi Wan.....

In clone wars...he was escaping with little boba
And kamino was not the best place for engagement with a Jedi

Have u watched the Mandolore saga in the clone wars animation

Those guys no send jedi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Williams Uchemba Poses With Vincent Enyeama / "I Am My Mother’s Daughter" - Lydia Forson Shows Mother-daughter Resemblance / Adesua Etomi And Banky W Release New Photos From South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.