Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Shoyinka Praises Jagaban Again? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shoyinka Praises Jagaban Again? (881 Views)

A Word From Wole Shoyinka / Osinbajo Bags Jagaban Title In Adamawa (Photo) / Femi Fani-Kayode Praises His 3 Wives (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shoyinka Praises Jagaban Again? by likila: 8:43pm On Dec 06, 2015
I Didn’t Pay Tribute To Tinubu – Soyinka
Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has distanced himself from a tribute he purportedly wrote in honour of the national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

In a tribute which has gone viral on the social media, Soyinka was quoted as saying that he admired Tinubu because he saved Nigeria from becoming a one-party state.
Soyinka was also alleged to have said that he would continue to stand by Tinubu no matter what.

The alleged tribute read in part, “I do not admire Tinubu because he is a saint. I do not admire Tinubu because he is from the South. I do not admire Tinubu because he is a Yoruba. If I want saints, I will proceed to heaven, not on earth. Every human is fallible. I admire Tinubu because he saved Nigeria from the danger of falling into a one-party state.

“He has nurtured many renowned national successors. He listened to the voice of the masses to surrender his personal ambition at the most critical moment. He strategically terminated the PDP’s 60-year ambition in 16 years.
“Anybody, any cabal, any Viju milk activist, attempting to humiliate Asiwaju must have me to contend with. An average the PDP man is angry with Asiwaju because he brought them to their knees. If anyone thinks that bringing down Asiwaju is his project, that mission will not only crash but it will boomerang.
“He owns Lagos! I hear you! Ask your grandfather and parents how they acquired your so-called family land. Is it God that allocated it to them? Prof. Wole Soyinka.”

However, Soyinka, while reacting in a statement he signed on Thursday, wondered why people continued to use his name to spread falsehood.
He asked members of the public to be careful about the things they read on the Internet.
He said, “It is difficult to prescribe for the sort of mind that finds itself so inadequate that it must foist its opinions on others, and with such confident sense of impunity. Kindly assist me in letting the public know that I am not in any way connected with the publication.
“I can only yet again recommend my recent ‘occasional’ publication, ‘The Republic of Liars,’ to the public as a cautionary tract, while the growing population of victims await the routine descent of the full operational wrath of Internet policing on all impudent impersonators.”
-punch
Re: Shoyinka Praises Jagaban Again? by IykeChukz(m): 8:45pm On Dec 06, 2015
Where am I self?

How special!!!

In other news, let's stop celebrating perceived public corrupt officials... It gingers their moral.

All I know is that if am better placed in the society, all will smile.
Re: Shoyinka Praises Jagaban Again? by fistonati(m): 9:05pm On Dec 06, 2015
I think its getting obvious dt soyinka is longing to be Nigeria's SSG.

Praising Tinubu a drug lord, looter and half-baked education background??

The WIG on soyinkas head is due for renewal.

NOTE:-) do u all know dt soyinkas hair is wig . Quote me anywhere

1 Like

Re: Shoyinka Praises Jagaban Again? by likila: 9:49pm On Dec 06, 2015
So it true again?
Re: Shoyinka Praises Jagaban Again? by texazzpete(m): 7:26am On Dec 07, 2015
fistonati:
I think its getting obvious dt soyinka is longing to be Nigeria's SSG.

Praising Tinubu a drug lord, looter and half-baked education background??

The WIG on soyinkas head is due for renewal.

NOTE:-) do u all know dt soyinkas hair is wig . Quote me anywhere

You read an article that starts and end with Soyinka outrightly denying ever praising tinubu...and yet you're here babbling about Soyinka praising Buhari.

All you half-baked fellows are an embarrassment to Nigeria. No wonder someone aptly described you as being as useful as a pair of size 11 bathroom slippers cheesy

I suggest you appeal to the nairaland charity network so we can gather funds together to pay for night school for you. C

1 Like

Re: Shoyinka Praises Jagaban Again? by likila: 8:41pm On Dec 07, 2015
texazzpete:

You read an article that starts and end with Soyinka outrightly denying ever praising tinubu...and yet you're here babbling about Soyinka praising Buhari.

All you half-baked fellows are an embarrassment to Nigeria. No wonder someone aptly described you as being as useful as a pair of size 11 bathroom slippers cheesy

I suggest you appeal to the nairaland charity network so we can gather funds together to pay for night school for you. C

i know say you no know book.
you no read the words in bold?
that is how you read newspaper.
when awolowo talk big english,
they put it in inverted comma.
that na soyinka dey talk am direct.
nobody is putting word in his mouth.
Re: Shoyinka Praises Jagaban Again? by sharawwy(m): 5:27am On Dec 08, 2015
Le proff is damn right!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Thank God Oh! Jonathan Almost Destroyed Nigeria – El-rufai / EFCC Recovers N38m Bullet-proof SUV From Ex-nimasa DG / Breakingnews: Illegal Detention: Biafra Files Case Against Nigerian Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.