Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,494 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

I Was Scammed On Jiji.... JIJI is Filled With Scammers..please Help!!! - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Scammed On Jiji.... JIJI is Filled With Scammers..please Help!!! (26256 Views)

SCAM ALERT: Top 5 Ways Nigerians Get Scammed On Social Media. / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent / Student Who Paid N321k For Iphone X Gets Box Filled With Concrete Instead (photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Scammed On Jiji.... JIJI is Filled With Scammers..please Help!!! by pyx: 10:12am On Jun 25, 2016
Since you pay through bank ,why not report the case officially to EFCC?? Remember BVN works
Re: I Was Scammed On Jiji.... JIJI is Filled With Scammers..please Help!!! by CarlJhonson: 2:52pm On Jun 25, 2016
Agromuda:
Scammers evrywia U go!!!

but not on the Jiji grin grin
Re: I Was Scammed On Jiji.... JIJI is Filled With Scammers..please Help!!! by SosiPisos: 2:55pm On Jun 25, 2016
CarlJhonson:

but not on the Jiji grin grin

bought on the Jiji , I will not be deceived , lol
Re: I Was Scammed On Jiji.... JIJI is Filled With Scammers..please Help!!! by Ivobobul: 10:58am On Jun 30, 2016
Agromuda:
Scammers evrywia U go!!!

Lol, you're funny. The fraud fault people, not the platform.
Re: I Was Scammed On Jiji.... JIJI is Filled With Scammers..please Help!!! by kevweb2b: 8:10pm On Apr 24, 2017
Get free phone on jiji
www-jiji-ng/">http://trendebook.com/jiji-sell-faster-buy-smarter-www-jiji-ng/
Re: I Was Scammed On Jiji.... JIJI is Filled With Scammers..please Help!!! by delishpot: 9:40pm On Apr 24, 2017
I felt like saying NTOOOR to this OP. It smelt of scam from the start but you still we t ahead to fall for it. Scammers use osiso osiso method to push mamas to pay. You committed with #5k and that was the beginning of your fall.
Re: I Was Scammed On Jiji.... JIJI is Filled With Scammers..please Help!!! by arimahoseloka(m): 4:58am On Apr 25, 2017
guy am sorry to say this, u are too dull. just to damn dull
Re: I Was Scammed On Jiji.... JIJI is Filled With Scammers..please Help!!! by Ochugboju(m): 11:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
jiji is basically an online platform that connects potential buyers with sellers and it does not have any control of the transactions that takes place through it. I am a private business man that sells basically solar products, Inverters and every related accessories and other sundry items too. I use jiji and OLX to get my buyers and as much as possible I have not been scammed before except one customer of mine in another state that paid my money after delivery but it was short with N2,000 and he has refused to pay it to me or even pick my calls for months now. God will judge everyone according to his works.

Recently jiji blocked my account for no verifiable cause and they accused me of posting unrealistic prices and also forcing my customers to pay before delivery. They also claimed that a user reported me to them. I have done some things they asked me to do to prove my identity and credibility but my account still remains blocked. I don't know why, the platform has been a channel of breakthrough for me.

I have never and will never scam anyone and I mostly deliver ordered items to my buyers which could be dangerous for me too and only on mutual agreement especially due to long distance apart that some would customers agree to pay before delivery and none has been disappointed. You may call one of my good customers (07011706611)and ask about me.

Jiji should get more professional in their verification processes so that credible sellers can enjoy the service smoothly.

As for the Iphone 6 saga, anyone can determine the price he wants to sell an item due to reasons best known to him, that guy who was scammed should not be insulted. One could genuinely be in desperate need of cash and decide to sell a valuable item at a price less than item's worth just in order to quickly get buyers and get the urgently needed cash.

Anyone could get scammed; it was just unfortunate that he met the wrong ones. There are genuine sellers on jiji and I can categorically say here that I am one and I have successfuly made good fortune through online platforms such as without hurting anyone.

Ameh Adoga is my name and if you need solar power systems or related items you may call me for a good deal. You can check me out on google or facebook using my phone number 07066669834

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed On Jiji.... JIJI is Filled With Scammers..please Help!!! by MoneyOnline: 6:52am On Apr 28, 2018
It is so unfortunate that innocent people pay the price for these scammers. My new Dell Precision mobile workstation got damaged by some quack engineers during my service year in 2016. In a bid to fix it my professional engineer bought a new battery to replace the old one but we later changed our mind to buy a new one instead as the old one was damaged beyond repair. In an attempt to recover some of my money, I posted the advert of the new battery for sale in jiji last year. I had already kept it with a laptop dealer in Computer village, Ikeja just incase a potential customer wanted to buy it. Afterwards someone called me indicating her interest to buy it. Since I live and work in Ajah and considering the distance, I told her to meet me in Ikeja the next day to regarding the battery. She never showed up, she blocked my number and I suddenly discovered that my jiji account was blocked. I complained to Jiji. They told me to upload my ID and photo which I did. Unfortunately it is still the same situation over four months ago since last year, I can't even view anything on Jiji. Is this the right way to check fraudsters and scammers online?
Re: I Was Scammed On Jiji.... JIJI is Filled With Scammers..please Help!!! by HoodBillionaire: 10:11am On Apr 28, 2018
same way i was scammed on olx
d momwnt i sent d 5k
story changed
driver said i should pay 5k extra
for whr.gimme bac my 5k
come and see insults
my guy buy only on cod konga only
or u buy uk used
dey we say pay deposit
from deposit
driver fee
scams are never living africa
jiji aint no shopping site
wtf
jua like saying nairaland na shopping site
na second hand free ads like olx
Re: I Was Scammed On Jiji.... JIJI is Filled With Scammers..please Help!!! by Gab25: 10:21am On Mar 21, 2022
Scammers on Jiji
Car dealer scammers
Steven Olu is a scammer o His account number is Steven Olu
Stanbic Ibtc
Phone number: +234 814 566 9809
and His accomplice Akinwale Emmanuel Kelvin UBA Bank
They both scammed me of my hard earned money. I buy things online normally from jiji many have been good.,but this guys are scammers from jiji. Car scammers. They will say they are bringing your car from Sokoto or akure then they will ask for fuel money, then ask for tire money, then ask for transport money, then ask for custom money till they have drained all your money that you save to buy the kind car. . All type of fraud and scam. Beware
Re: I Was Scammed On Jiji.... JIJI is Filled With Scammers..please Help!!! by ambivert27(f): 9:01pm On Jul 04, 2023
Same way I saw things I need on jiji but afraid to buy because of scammers.
Re: I Was Scammed On Jiji.... JIJI is Filled With Scammers..please Help!!! by adecz: 11:10pm On Jul 04, 2023
Some of us do clean pay before
delivery, mostly for out of state
transactions and so far so good.

You have to connect very well & possibly
get a valid social media handle of
the seller as some type of collateral.

Last last, nothing is foolproof as even
Minister Of aviation scam the whole
country with fake plane of which we
gave him 200bn, but we no see plane
till now.. 😁😂😀
Re: I Was Scammed On Jiji.... JIJI is Filled With Scammers..please Help!!! by magnumwhales(m): 11:39pm On Jul 04, 2023
JIji is not a scarm plateform
if look at their slogan
a place where buyer meet seller
they dont checkmate they r just like normal market
i have been selling cars without issue on jiji
u just need to be courtious bro

it is not like jumia or konga please
Re: I Was Scammed On Jiji.... JIJI is Filled With Scammers..please Help!!! by supermally(m): 6:30am On Apr 22
[b]Title: A Better Alternative to Services Platforms: Introducing Supermally
Join the Supermallynders!

Are you tired of using services platforms that charge commission fees and control your transactions? Look no further than Supermally, a revolutionary classifieds portal that connects buyers and sellers directly.

How Supermally Works

Supermally allows sellers to upload advertisements with pictures, titles, descriptions, and expected sales prices. Buyers can browse through listings, contact sellers directly, negotiate, and purchase items. The platform doesn't mediate transactions or take a commission, empowering buyers and sellers to take control of their deals.

Benefits of Supermally.com

- No commission fees
- Direct communication between buyers and sellers
- Increased transparency
- Flexible pricing and payment terms
- Community building

Join the Supermally community today and experience a better way to buy and sell online!
Re: I Was Scammed On Jiji.... JIJI is Filled With Scammers..please Help!!! by Creamypie(m): 3:59pm On Apr 22
chiamakaaa:
I've been scammed on jiji which is so sad as I haven't been scammed before.It happened like this 

I was browsing on my phone and and ad of jiji just popped up, I opened it and I saw an iPhone 6 selling for 60k ,it was too good to be true but I called the seller whose name is Mis Chuks Rebecca on jiji and phone number is 08103003614 and it told him what I wanted he told me to send my address,the item I want and colour to him and he will send it to jiji to deliver it as he wasn't in Lagos.He later said that the iPhone 6 is 50k because of their black Friday sales. In about 5 minutes I got a message from jiji not a number telling me my booking Id is 448199sp and I will get a call from their agent who will process my booking.
In about 5 minutes someone called me with an uncoded number and said he is a jiji agent and told me my item,price and address,he voice was very deep and he wasn't so audible, I was scared initially,he said his name is mc Morgan and I would have to pay a booking of 5k,I told him I would not pay this until delivery he said they wouldnt deliver until I pay it as most customers keep them waiting and don't show up at the point of delivery.I transferred the 5k to the sellers account which was a big risk I took.
On my way back I called the seller who said he had gotten the alert and that he will contact jiji and my order will be coming soon.In about 20 minutes someone called me,he was speaking pidgin said he is the driver from jiji and that he is with my item"shey na only one item wey I get?" I said yes.In thirty minutes again I called him back,he said jiji hasn't told him to deliver my item that I should call them.
I called the so called agent whose number is 08100738293 and he said a customer sent people to rob their bus after collecting his delivered item and they were instructed not to collected cash at hand I have to pay the money to the sellers account which is Goodnews ventures,account no 4444978519, diamond bank...I told him about the no payment before delivery policy and he said because of the incident the rule has changed and that jiji was angry because of the huge sum lost,he also said other customers were complaining and said sorry for the inconvenience. I didn't want to pay the money,it was like GOd was talking to me but I didn't listen...my conscience kept on telling me not to but I saw cheap iPhone so I was happy.
I later called the seller argued that I will follow the driver and pay the money as soon as I get the item but he said it was jiji's policy not his and there was nothing he could do about it.told him there Is no diamond bank around my side,so he sent me a gtb account with account name adebayo vincent ,account no 0177754350 and I quickly rushed to pay in the money before the bank closes.. The agent said the seller is trusted and it isn't a scam because I told him I suspected they were scamming me...till that night seller kept saying he hasn't gotten the alert. The agent gave me another whatsapp no to. Send a pic of the teller to him,I sent it and then he said my item will be delivered.
The next morning the agent called me and told me that my item will be delivered before 12 and that my money will be refunded if I don't want the item.when it was 12 I kept on calling the agent,driver and seller. The agent and driver blocked my number while the so called seller doesn't pick my call again.
This happened about three days ago..and I even saw a someones post yesterday that he's been scammed with jiji by the same good news ventures.Jiji hasn't replied my emails,my tweets,they don't even have a customer care number. I've been telling them my experience with comments on instagram,, they didn't reply and now they've blocked me..
Please I need your help !!!....need my money back and I also need you to warn people about the risk of shopping on jiji..they have no customer service number,they don't reply their emails,tweets,when you complain on instagram,they block you!!!!......Jiji should be blocked and these scammers should go to jail!!!!...The screenshots shows another persons complain about being scammed on jiji.
u be complete mumu

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers Indigenes And Hausa Clash At Onne, Rivers, 2 Killed, Church, Mosque Burnt / Outrage As Woman Physically Abuses A Child, Goes Viral (Pics) / Lagos Police Arrests Man For Killing His Mother-In-Law & Man Who Caught Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.