Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,967 members, 7,956,624 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:42 PM

Igboland Is Not Landlocked - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboland Is Not Landlocked (20189 Views)

Does It Mean That Southeast Nigeria Is Not Landlocked Like We Are Told? / Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede / Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igboland Is Not Landlocked by chigomiced: 3:57pm On Dec 07, 2015
A lot of peeps has been spreading false info about how Igboland (IPOB) is landlocked and all sorts.

Lemme Lecture you a lil about "Igboland" and why it is not "Landlocked"

According to Wikipedia... (thank God for Internet tongue) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igboland

Igboland (Standard Igbo: Àlà Ị̀gbò), also known as Southeastern Nigeria and formerly known as Ibo or Iboland,[3] is a non-governmental cultural region and a linguistic area in Nigeria that is defined by the Igbo culture and language. It is primarily situated in the Lowland forest region of Nigeria, with minor parts in the Niger-Delta, where the Niger river fans out into the atlantic ocean in a vast network of creeks and mangrove swamps on the Bight of Bonny located between latitude 5–7 degrees north and longitude 6–8 degrees east, and occupies a total landmass of about 16,000 square miles in southern Nigeria.[4] It has lands on both sides of the lower Niger River, although the larger chunk of the region is situated on the east of the river. The region is surrounded by a host of large rivers. Igboland's culture has been shaped by its rainforest climate. As this area constitutes a large part of the south-eastern part of Nigeria, it is often referred to as the 'The East' locally. The majority of the Igbo-speaking population in Igboland identify as ethnic Igbo.

Igboland was part of the Southern Nigeria Protectorate of the British Empire and was amalgamated into modern-day Nigeria in 1914; the nation gained independence in 1960. Shortly afterwards Igboland was involved in its biggest war during Biafra's movement for secession, which eventually ended in 1970 when this area rejoined Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 07, 2015
dont mind those foooooooooooooooooooools

10 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by shachris02: 4:38pm On Dec 07, 2015
Yeah....every ijaw land is an igbo land....very true, wikipedia.

angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 07, 2015
shachris02:
Yeah....every ijaw land is an igbo land....very true, wikipedia.

angry

What are you insinuating?

And where did you see that from wikipedia...?
I don't know your motive for writing that rubbish but i can confirm to you that every information in wikipedia are scrutinized under heavy researches and investigations...

You can keep living in deceit and self denial...
Is up to you.

9 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by shachris02: 6:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
AfricanFinest:

What are you insinuating?

And where did you see that from wikipedia...?
I don't know your motive for writing that rubbish but i can confirm to you that every information in wikipedia are scrutinize under heavy researches and investigations...

You can keep living in deceit and self denial...
Is up to you.

Exactly. All Akwaibom, cross river and rivers state are all igbo land.

Oh i forgot delta state and Edo state.

8 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 07, 2015
shachris02:

Exactly. All Akwaibom, cross river and rivers state are all igbo land.

Oh i forgot delta state and Edo state.
Hmmm.
What of bayelsa??

Keep the madness coming...

4 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by shachris02: 6:40pm On Dec 07, 2015
AfricanFinest:

Hmmm.
What of bayelsa??

Keep the madness coming...

You know na. Bayelsa up to kogi state....all wu cha ala nna anyi ha. cool

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Abagworo(m): 6:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
Lol@poster. Even your funny wiki map is landlocked completely by Nigeria

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by coolscott(m): 6:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
chigomiced:
A lot of peeps has been spreading false info about how Igboland (IPOB) is landlocked and all sorts.

Lemme Lecture you a lil about "Igboland" and why it is not "Landlocked"

According to Wikipedia... (thank God for Internet tongue) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igboland

Igboland (Standard Igbo: Àlà Ị̀gbò), also known as Southeastern Nigeria and formerly known as Ibo or Iboland,[3] is a non-governmental cultural region and a linguistic area in Nigeria that is defined by the Igbo culture and language. It is primarily situated in the Lowland forest region of Nigeria, with minor parts in the Niger-Delta, where the Niger river fans out into the atlantic ocean in a vast network of creeks and mangrove swamps on the Bight of Bonny located between latitude 5–7 degrees north and longitude 6–8 degrees east, and occupies a total landmass of about 16,000 square miles in southern Nigeria.[4] It has lands on both sides of the lower Niger River, although the larger chunk of the region is situated on the east of the river. The region is surrounded by a host of large rivers. Igboland's culture has been shaped by its rainforest climate. As this area constitutes a large part of the south-eastern part of Nigeria, it is often referred to as the 'The East' locally. The majority of the Igbo-speaking population in Igboland identify as ethnic Igbo.

Igboland was part of the Southern Nigeria Protectorate of the British Empire and was amalgamated into modern-day Nigeria in 1914; the nation gained independence in 1960. Shortly afterwards Igboland was involved in its biggest war during Biafra's movement for secession, which eventually ended in 1970 when this area rejoined Nigeria.
[size=13pt]This write up did not state that Igbo land is not land locked. It mentioned the rivers around Igbo land. I have seen the river in Aba. The Imo river fans out as it heads south but that does not immediately mean that the ocean moved northwards to Igboland.

Well, even though wikipedia happened to erroneously ascribe beachline to Igbos (which they did not) they only need to be corrected on account of the non-conformity of that report with what is on the ground.

Only one thing can give Igbos an ocean. Global warming and rising sea levels in such great proportions as to send Port Harcourt, Okrika kalabari, et al under the see. This we pray will never happen
[/size]

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by coolscott(m): 6:55pm On Dec 07, 2015
Abagworo:
[size=13pt]If we had said these people display inferior intellect, it would look as if we are attacking other people. See how they are doing it on a national level now. He makes a claim and boldly puts up proof that makes his claim false, while calling it proof that makes that claim true.
Meanwhile there was no neeed.
With or without his post, we already knew his claim was a lie. ~ South-south Ijaw
[/size]

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
shachris02:

You know na. Bayelsa up to kogi state....all wu cha ala nna anyi ha. cool

So you can even speak Igbo and I hear you so well...
Then why are you putting up this scheme...
I bu onye Igbo?
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 07, 2015
Abagworo:

How is it landlocked by Nigeria?
Or you don't see clearly again...
Can't you see the waters that came into Igbo land?
Or you rejected not to see?

3 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 07, 2015
coolscott:

t]If we had said these people display inferior intellect, it would look as if we are attacking other people. See how they are doing it on a national level now. He makes a claim and boldly puts up proof that makes his claim false, while calling it proof that makes that claim true.
Meanwhile there was no neeed.
With or without his post, we already knew his claim was a lie.
[]

Igbo land is never Land Locked... Stop the jealousy biko

4 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by sleekdot(m): 7:05pm On Dec 07, 2015
AfricanFinest:

How is it landlocked by Nigeria?
Or you don't see clearly again...
Can't you see the waters that came into Igbo land?
Or you rejected not to see?

Where in that map did anywhere touch the ocean? Or because one gutter pass through Ibo land means its not landlocked?

For any ship to reach Biafra it must pass through Nigeria, thats the definition of landlocked

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 07, 2015
sleekdot:

Where in that map did anywhere touch the ocean? Or because one gutter pass through Ibo land means its not landlocked?

For any ship to reach Biafra it must pass through Nigeria, thats the definition of landlocked

But you know how everything was compressed...
I believe when you see that gutter you are talking of you will marvel...
Anyway they say haters will always hate...
So continue lies and life of deceit...
As we all know the truth that Igbo land ain't landlocked... Our ancestors are not stupid going to where there is no feel of water oceans...

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by sleekdot(m): 7:13pm On Dec 07, 2015
AfricanFinest:

As we all know the truth that Igbo land ain't landlocked... Our ancestors are not stupid going where there is no feel of water oceans...

So how would a ship get to Biafra without passing through Nigerian land. show us how on the same map

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Mynd44: 7:20pm On Dec 07, 2015
AfricanFinest:

As we all know the truth that Igbo land ain't landlocked... Our ancestors are not stupid going where there is no feel of water oceans...
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Agbaletu: 7:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
AfricanFinest:

This is the funniest post i have read today.
Going by the map above, I think you wanted to say "they are stupid" they should have occupied the whole land and not stopped at the point the map clearly shown.

3 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 07, 2015
Mynd44:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mod please stop patronizing me. I know what am saying.
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Mynd44: 7:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
AfricanFinest:

Mod please stop patronizing me. I know what am saying.
Sure, I believe you
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
sleekdot:

So how would a ship get to Biafra without passing through Nigerian land. show us how on the same map

Please why not mention the Nigerian land it will pass... Besides ships don't pass through land.
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by sleekdot(m): 7:57pm On Dec 07, 2015
AfricanFinest:

Please why not mention the Nigerian land it will pass... Besides ships don't pass through land.

any of the coastal states. ARe you being thick deliberately.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3163309_igboland_pngfb16603cda4901152cfcdb014d7eebaa

The blue is the ocean, the lines drawn for Biafra is not touching the ocean at any point
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by aljharem(m): 8:18pm On Dec 07, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin
AfricanFinest:

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by MaziOmenuko: 8:24pm On Dec 07, 2015
AfricanFinest:

That some branches of the sea passed thru igboland doesn't mean Igbo land isn't landlocked. Those minor inflowing waters can't sustain a ship to sail in; at most a boat but not a ship. Shallow waters are good for fishing and sand-quarring, that's the only economic activity it can support.

Hope you did geography at school.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

That some branches of the sea passed thru igboland doesn't mean Igbo land isn't landlocked. Those minor inflowing waters can't sustain a ship to sail in; at most a boat but not a ship. Shallow waters are good for fishing and sand-quarring, that's the only economic activity it can support.

Ships can't get to Port Harcourt?

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by OBAGADAFFI: 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2015
AfricanFinest:

O boy you don koko . grin grin
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by cjrane: 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2015
[size=18pt]Igboland isn't landlocked. but even if it were, it isn't a reason to remain enslaved in Nigeria.
Ethiopia is landlocked but posts a higher GDP compared to the zoo. Go figure.

Many ab0kis will write all sorts of crap in the coming months. The truth is that human beings will never choose slavery to freedom just because you want them to live in an un-landlocked country. Biafra is born out of sheer injustices and wickedness against the Biafra part of Igboland and SS. The second class treatment of our people in Nigeria is convincing more and more of us everyday that independence of our homeland is better than being enslaved in nigeria by Hausas.
So invent another pointless arguments such as Biafra will not have oxygen, oil, water, food, cows,fish etc, etc, it is a complete waste of time.
[/size]

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Tequilah: 8:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

Alright, as long as the river that flows through Igbo land can support a flying boat, everyone will be okay. At least they can still dredge those rivers to take pontoons, even if it does not take a ship. cheesy grin

ezeaguisforever:

Erm...is Port-harcourt part of Igbo land?

3 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by sleekdot(m): 8:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
ezeaguisforever:

1. Is Port Harcourt part of Biafra?

2. Does Port Harcort have direct access to the ocean?

Its like asking: Can ship get to Ikeja? Is it through the gutter or through 3rd mainland

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Tequilah: 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
sleekdot:

1. Is Port Harcourt part of Biafra?

2. Does Port Harcort have direct access to the ocean?

Its like asking: Can ship get to Ikeja? Is it through the gutter or through 3rd mainland

I don't know the answer to question 1, but I know the answer to question 2. Port-harcourt has direct access to the ocean. A sea port was built there, years ago.

3 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by sleekdot(m): 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
Tequilah:

Alright, as long as the river that flows through Igbo land can support a flying boat, everyone will be okay. At least they can still dredge those rivers to take pontoons, even if it does not take a ship. cheesy grin

Erm...is Port-harcourt part of Igbo land?

And Nigeria would sit and allow you to dredge its water ways? Siddon there make trouser dey wear you

The only water Biafra go see na from rain , well, river Niger and Gutters unless you get people to supply you enough pure water from the Southwest cheesy grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Tequilah: 8:52pm On Dec 07, 2015
sleekdot:
And Nigeria would sit and allow you to dredge its water ways? Siddon there make trouser dey wear you

The only water Biafra go see na from rain , well, river Niger and Gutters unless you get people to supply you enough pure water from the Southwest cheesy grin grin grin

Uncle, please I am not Igbo. So please direct your answer to those from that area. Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

APC Moves To Take Over Power In Abia, Commences LG Tour / Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Jonathan, Atiku, Daniel, Fayose, Others Mourn Odumakin / Okorocha: I Don't Receive Salary, Don’t Know How Much Senators Earn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.