Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters (25839 Views)

How Badeh Bought Fayose’s Land For N650m —witness / Metuh Bows To EFCC, Cooperates With Investigators-newswatch Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by wachakuta(m): 5:12pm On Dec 07, 2015
The team of investigators at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) looking into how the office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) shared funds meant for fighting Boko Haram has detected another line of payment made to companies linked with Thisday publisher and owner of Arise TV, Nduka Obaigbena.

Nduka Obaigbena of ThisDay and Arise TV Ventures Africa

The investigators said Obaigbena received at least N650million from Dasuki for questionable transactions.

They also said that Obaigbena, who is also the Chairman of the Newspaper Proprietors Association Of Nigeria, has dropped out of sight since the discovery and all attempts at reaching him have failed, EFCC sources said.

Today, SaharaReporters reached Mr. Obaigbena, who said he was in New York.  He said that prior to his trip to New York, he had been at meetings in London, and will return to Nigeria when he is through with his visit to New York.

He admitted that his newspaper company received a letter from the EFCC and that a response had been sent to explain what they know about the case involving Raymond Dokpesi’s Daar Communications. Dokpesi was arrested last week, but he and his family have offered conflicting accounts about why he received billions of Naira from Dasuki. 

Obaigbena told SaharaReporters he did not receive any monies from the former NSA, a point strongly disputed by EFCC investigators.

Arms Purchase Scam: Investigators Trace N650m To Thisday Publisher Nduka Obaigbena | Sahara Reporters
http://saharareporters.com/2015/12/07/arms-purchase-scam-investigators-trace-n650m-thisday-publisher-nduka-obaigbena

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by chocolateme(f): 5:13pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hmm.. The money is too much. The rate at which they mention these figures makes me wonder how much is remaining in our vault.

FTC
Chocolate cream

72 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 07, 2015
Great ;

- this morning i was asking on this forum why this Oga has gone quiet

Where is lalasticlala sef undecided

9 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by wachakuta(m): 5:14pm On Dec 07, 2015
We need death sentence in nigeria

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 07, 2015
Why do they keep telling us? Are we the law enforcement agencies? Abi make we go catch the criminals for them?

They should do their job and stop all these press mudslinging everyday. We need fuel, we need peace, we need light. They should keep their useless stories to themselves. Make dem solve one before dem confuse the already confused souls in Nigeria.

Where is Sanusi and when is he going to tell us where the $20 billion naira is? Or is that particular money no longer missing?

61 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by meezynetwork(m): 5:20pm On Dec 07, 2015
Nduka? I don't believe it. So Jonathan did a bazaar with our collective wealth to this clonies

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by yemmynoni: 5:22pm On Dec 07, 2015
If i talk now people go attack me, imagine people freely loot the common wealth of this nation under the Mr "HERO" and some people out of their myopic state of mind will come here to defend him

Ka sha ma Dupe

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by yemmynoni: 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2015
calebo101:
lol. Why do they keep telling us? Are we the law enforcement agencies? Abi make we go catch the criminals for them?

They should do their job and stop al these press mudslinging everyday. We need fuel, we need peace, we need light. Theyshould keep their useless stories to themselves.
So that when war start people like you will not start saying @MBuhari is a dictator

127 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by docadams: 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2015
Heheeeeeeeeeeeee!

Hmmmmmmm.

God!!
I am compelled to ask: 'Where were we headed under GEJ'?

Allah!!
I want to ask: 'What would have been the faith of Nigeria and Nigerians had Olokun granted GEJ's wish?

Olodumare!!
Tell me: 'Was GEJ alive as president'?

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by dustmalik: 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
calebo101:
lol. Why do they keep telling us? Are we the law enforcement agencies? Abi make we go catch the criminals for them?

They should do their job and stop al these press mudslinging everyday. We need fuel, we need peace, we need light. Theyshould keep their useless stories to themselves.
The job of the media is to report anything reportable. If you don't like it, don't read it.

107 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by docadams: 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
Heheeeeeeeeeeeee!

Hmmmmmmm.

Something tells me the 3rd phase of the anti corruption war - prosecution - is ready to take off.
Oghene!! Thank you for giving us a Moses and Aaron.

6 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by dgr8truth(m): 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2015
This one EFCC is tracing arm's money to various bank accounts, I have to go and close my bank accounts tomorrow before EFCC will trace the total of N14.00 that was credited to my bank accounts.

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by Iroh88(m): 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2015
It is becoming all too clear why some people are hell bent on bringing down this government using some rag tag separatists called IPOD.

Your sins would catch up with you sooner than you know.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by onomeasike: 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2015
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewoooooooooooooooooo!!!
Even Nduka!!!!Jonathan should be arrested immediately.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.
I hope John Momoh of Channels TV is not among these people o!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by Rossikk(m): 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
Not surprised. Nduka Obaigbena has been living like a billionaire for so many years now... hanging out with all sorts of global celebrities.

3 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 07, 2015
dustmalik:

The job of the media is to report anything reportable. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Well, i agree. The Lagos/Ibadan expressway propaganda mill factory in collaboration with the propaganda run government have to impress the millions of slaves they have in Nigeria. True, i agree. undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by Joejonah(m): 5:39pm On Dec 07, 2015
Who is serving EFCC jail term apart from hardworking yahoo boys? Nigeria is a joke. They make noise as if they are actually working..... Stupid EFCC.

13 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by dammytosh: 5:40pm On Dec 07, 2015
Arrest him now ooo

2 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by arsetalks(m): 5:40pm On Dec 07, 2015
calebo101:
Why do they keep telling us? Are we the law enforcement agencies? Abi make we go catch the criminals for them?

They should do their job and stop all these press mudslinging everyday. We need fuel, we need peace, we need light. They should keep their useless stories to themselves. Make dem solve one before dem confuse the already confused souls in Nigeria.

Where is Sanusi and when is he going to tell us where the $20 billion naira is? Or is that particular money no longer missing?

Was it Buhari or the APC who wrote the article? Newspapers must not do their jobs again?

33 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by allanphash7(m): 5:40pm On Dec 07, 2015
This na gobe this is what we will do to those who are involved in this scam

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by dammytosh: 5:41pm On Dec 07, 2015
dgr8truth:
This one EFCC is tracing arm's money to various bank accounts, I have to go and close my bank accounts tomorrow before EFCC will trace the total of N14.00 that was credited to my bank accounts.

Lailai, u are not going any wia.

We will track u. A whole 14.00 from our arms money.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by emmanuel596(m): 5:42pm On Dec 07, 2015
If 2.2 billion dollars can go round in this large sum then tell me why FG can't pay the whole of nigerians 18k every months.....greed hs killed this country.....some people are still clinging and Calling GEJ and PDP heros...I weep for such people....that man would have sold nigeria by now had it been he won and because of his cluelesness he would have given biafra freedom.. soon u will hear that even abubakar audu and late HDI Awolowo also had part of this money...the story keeps getting serious....

17 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 07, 2015
chocolateme:
Hmm.. Money is too much. The rate at which they mention these figures makes me wonder how much is remaining in our vault
..... We can now see what President Buhari meant when he said Nigeria is broke! PDP Gosh!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by chiedu7: 5:42pm On Dec 07, 2015
[size=15pt]EFCC & B00hari are not serious.

Audu of Kogi state chop N11 billion, yet he contest for office

EFCC & B00hari only arrest PDP people.

B00hari & seletive justice
[/size]

http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/04/kogi-guber-audu-will-return-the-n11bn-he-stole-if-elected-apc-chairman/

4 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by Koleman(m): 5:43pm On Dec 07, 2015
Na so. More to come

1 Like

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by christejames(m): 5:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
How much was traced to sharia reporters

3 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
mcvaeey:
This is the reason why they never wanted buhari to become president and the reason they're still angry over Gej's defeat. Igbos and criminal activities are like bread and butter.
... Exactly my thought.

12 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
Na wa o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by MzPecs(f): 5:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
Very funny people..

They'll soon trace money to their own account.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bayelsa Gets N1.2b Bailout Fund / Buhari’s Military Junta Persecuted Atiku Over 53 Suitcases – Titi Atiku Abubakar / Masquerade Endorses Governor Yahaya Bello Of Kogi State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.