Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,514 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala (31620 Views)

Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians / God Bless Okonji Iweala: Apc / Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by Earthkumy(m): 10:54pm On Dec 07, 2015
SIGNAL on December 7, 2015 at 4:34 pm
Former Minister for Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, has said the solution to Nigeria’s power problem lies in off-grid initiatives that are climate friendly and not going to the West to beg as victims.

Okonjo-Iweala, who spoke at the Conference of Parties (COP 21) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, (UNFCCC) in Paris, France, said Nigeria needs to get the private sector involved in the power sector, adding that government must look at renewable and off-grid solutions like the solar power generation.

She said: “Almost three quarters of infrastructure that Africa needs, we still don’t have it. This means that the power we need, the road and the railway, we can still get these infrastructures and have it in a way that is friendly to climate change that lowers emission and puts us on a low carbon growth path. How do we do that?

“We have to get the private sector, we are looking at power, look at renewable energy, we are not saying renewable should be everything because Africa should have a mix. We can still use gas to some extent, but we should increase the renewable. Our companies that are investing should look at off- grid solutions, let our companies get off -grid solar solutions for our people before other people come into it because that is what always happens. Instead of flaring, we can use the gas, we can convert this gas for our use and I know government has the power to do that.”

The former minister, who is also the Commissioner, Global Commission on the Economy and Climate spoke at a session titled: Climate Change in Africa: Financing Sustainable Pathways for Development at the ongoing Climate Change talks.

She said the solution for climate change lies in Africa because of the opportunity to build renewable infrastructures on the continent.

“Africa should stop playing the victim game. We are not supposed to be going to the West to beg as victims, we should be telling them that the solution is in Africa. Our infrastructures are just developing we have the opportunity to build in a climate friendly way and avoid the mistakes of the developed nations, “she added.

Okonjo-Iweala said African countries should divert funds used in fossil fuel subsidy towards the generation of renewable energy.
www.signalng.com/going-to-the-west-to-beg-as-victims-cant-solve-nigerias-power-problems-okonjo-iweala/

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by kernel504(m): 10:57pm On Dec 07, 2015
Jonathan was Clueless, but Buhari is "The Confused One".

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by Earthkumy(m): 11:01pm On Dec 07, 2015
kernel504:
Jonathan was Clueless, but Buhari is "The Confused One".
how you take know?

12 Likes

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 07, 2015
If only bubu will heed or advice and stop being our poster boy for Mr Tourism

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by Earthkumy(m): 11:05pm On Dec 07, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
If only bubu will heed or advice and stop being our poster boy for Mr Tourism
he don't have anyone to advice him now, na sycophants full ground.

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by kernel504(m): 11:07pm On Dec 07, 2015
Earthkumy:
how you take know?

...IN BUHARI'S VOICE, KAI NWANA!!!

7 Likes

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 07, 2015
To summarize what NOI is saying, PA Buhari gallivanting all over the globe crying that Nigerians are the most corrupt humans on earth, shaking every available white hand and gossiping about past administration won't help Nigeria.undecided

204 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by Earthkumy(m): 11:20pm On Dec 07, 2015
SirJeffry:
To summarize what NOI is saying, PA Buhari gallivanting all over the globe crying that Nigerians are the most corrupt humans on earth, shaking every available white hand and gossiping about past administration won't help Nigeria.undecided
cheesy
SirJeffry:

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by Earthkumy(m): 11:20pm On Dec 07, 2015
kernel504:

...IN BUHARI'S VOICE, KIA NWANA!!!
kikikikik I see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by NigLasPresident: 11:27pm On Dec 07, 2015
SirJeffry:

All I can say is WOW!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by Uricas(m): 11:27pm On Dec 07, 2015
Correct! She has the brain but how do you want me to believe a woman who grounded our economy and also lie that the country is not poor but went to borrow money the following month. Besides, she should have initiated this when she was there. Naija! I hail thee.

140 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by Mogidi: 11:28pm On Dec 07, 2015

100 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by ril19(m): 11:45pm On Dec 07, 2015

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by ril19(m): 11:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
SMH at how power has proven so evasive for Nigeria

It should shame all our past leaders that they've even been able to do anything tangible.

1 Like

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by dokiOloye(m): 11:54pm On Dec 07, 2015
SirJeffry:
chaii,I come remember Fela's song.
"I never hear dat b4,na Nigerian govt ooo(Buhari),na dem talk be that ooo,my ppl r useless,my ppl r senseless,my ppl r indiscipline.
Na wc kin talk be that ooo,na animal talk be that ooo.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by hinwazaka: 11:56pm On Dec 07, 2015
This is what a finance minister sounds like not Kemi, who is talking like a college dropout. I guess there is a huge difference between studying at Harvard and studying at East London. Imagine she has just a BSC and a post graduate diploma, not even a doctorate. What a joke

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by dokiOloye(m): 11:56pm On Dec 07, 2015
Earthkumy:
he don't have anyone to advice him now, na sycophants full ground.
U suppose know say begging na culture among d abokkis grin,so Sheik Buhari is not an exception.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by Earthkumy(m): 12:32am On Dec 08, 2015
Mogidi:
Begging is in his blood.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2431136_editor_jpeg6eb3fc9c13df660adb984d7019894a95
you guys for nairaland no go kill person with funny creativity.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by sweetgala(m): 12:40am On Dec 08, 2015
hinwazaka:
This is what a finance minister sounds like not Kemi, who is talking like a college dropout. I guess there is a huge difference between studying at Harvard and studying at Leeds.

She had over 5 years to effect the necessary change she now preaches, in relative wealth under GEJ and she did nothing.

Hypocrisy at it's best . she should STFU

115 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by sultaan(m): 12:43am On Dec 08, 2015
That overrated minister was there for 10 years now she has an idea of how to make things better than what she met before spending $billions for this failed system.

Na sopona go strike her 10 times a day

86 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by Uricas(m): 12:45am On Dec 08, 2015
hinwazaka:
This is what a finance minister sounds like not Kemi, who is talking like a college dropout. I guess there is a huge difference between studying at Harvard and studying at Leeds.
Dumb skull! What did she achieve when she was there. Development on paper? Don't just talk, think! Please do think next time you wanna talk.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:00am On Dec 08, 2015
Uricas:
Correct! She has the brain but how do you want me to believe a woman who grounded our economy and also lie that the country is not poor but went to borrow money the following month. Besides, she should have initiated this when she was there. Naija! I hail thee.
dnt mind that idiot. Jonathan was busy asking for help from the US, India, China and Isreal...

I dnt knw how a country sits within herself and solve her own problems without foreign help - either small or great.

ask North Korea...

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by dorodee(m): 3:15am On Dec 08, 2015
This woman sure has: A1 in theory and F9 in practicals!

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by Opinedecandid(m): 3:20am On Dec 08, 2015
Talk, ma.

Show them you have got what they lack so glaringly.

Talk and show the way to this present 'expertless' cabinet with series of inconclusivenesses.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by babakol(m): 5:13am On Dec 08, 2015
Lol....in other words you're saying our president no get sense...na u find trouble o NGOZI...no cry witch hunt later o

3 Likes

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by pus11: 5:17am On Dec 08, 2015
[img][/img]
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by edo3(m): 5:22am On Dec 08, 2015
Uricas:
You have said it all. This puff puff was there for how many years, what did she do as minister of finance and coordinator of d economy?? The only thing she knows how to do best is to put on head gear like one tomato seller...Bastard!

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by NigLasPresident: 5:32am On Dec 08, 2015
sultaan:
That overrated minister was there for 10 years now she has an idea of how to make things better than what she met before spending $billions for this failed system.

Na sopona go strike her 10 times a day

But I thought she got a great job in a great position in an International organization. If she was irrelevant they wouldn't have jumped on her immediately after leaving office. Or are the Americans we run to for help now dumb to fight over her to come work with them?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by Aufbauh(m): 5:46am On Dec 08, 2015
Some people are indeed pathetic and shameless.
How can a woman Mrs Okonjo Iweala one of the de facto President in GEJ era who single handedly coordinated and supervised our economy to stupor has the audacity to advise the present administration?

She lacks both the moral and philosophical right to advise the Nigerian government not even a state in Nigeria.

She had a double chance in two previous administrations to show her tactfulness, skills and resourcefulness to prove herself and write her name in gold but she failed woefully.

You don't give what you don't have, she might be an economic guru but she's a helpless novice in the Nigerian economic terrain.
She should keep her unsolicited advice to herself except she's telling us that she's a better spectator than a player.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by NigLasPresident: 5:49am On Dec 08, 2015
Aufbauh:
How can a woman Mrs Okonjo Iwaela who single handedly coordinated and supervised our economy to stupor has the audacity to advise the present administration?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by NigLasPresident: 5:50am On Dec 08, 2015
Aufbauh:
How can a woman Mrs Okonjo Iwaela who single handedly coordinated and supervised our economy to stupor has the audacity to advise the present administration?

But I thought she got a great job in a great position in an International organization. If she was irrelevant they wouldn't have jumped on her immediately after leaving office. Or are the Americans we run to for help now dumb to fight over her to come work with them?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by vb0mb(m): 5:58am On Dec 08, 2015
Point to note. The real drivers of the economy are the private sectors.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From Omoyele Sowore’s Rally In Port-Harcourt, Rivers State / Buhari Receives Anglican Primate And Archbishops (Photos) / The IPOB, Hausas And Soldiers Clash In Umuahia: Reason Behind It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.