Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come (2466 Views)

Nigerian Man Flies His Mother To US, She Sheds Tears Of Joy, Refuses To Sleep / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come by tallfish145(m): 11:47pm On Dec 07, 2015
I got married about 5years ago.After one year,God blessed us a baby girl.My mother-in-law quickly rushed to our home for child visiting as is usually the custom of our people.During the visit,she would demand any thing she desires,like roasted chicken,fried rice,juice,early morning hot tea and many more,which i hardly provide due to my financial status.When finally she was about to leave,she gave me a list of things to buy for her like different colors of ankara,lace,bags,shoes,necklace and edibles.Still due to my financial status,i wasn't able to provide all she requires.She left angrily without giving me a notice.Though my wife was an understanding woman.Now,we had another child and my mother-in-law had sworn not to come except i agreed to provide her with she needs.What should i do friends?
Re: Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come by Miami11: 11:52pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hire a house help

Get any relative willing to help

Let end time in law rest in the village

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come by Miami11: 11:53pm On Dec 07, 2015
What's wrong with all this materialistic demanding grandparents end time indeed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come by kestolove95(m): 11:54pm On Dec 07, 2015
Anytin like omugwo dey for bibble?...show me den I will tell u wat to do

1 Like

Re: Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come by Isaacmacdon(m): 11:55pm On Dec 07, 2015
Wah f ur own mother? As i heard, if ur wife's mum z unavailable to take care f d child as per tradition(omugwo tingy) den ur mum z dn allowd 2 come in d latter's place.

1 Like

Re: Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come by menix(m): 12:18am On Dec 08, 2015
I so detest when people ask this kind of queshion...

What fvcking custom states she must demand for what she likes..

To God who gives me life, I will personally ask her to geraraoff my house, if my wife does not see reason with me, she can accompany the mother..

Do this End Time women think being a man is easy..

@ OP.. just look out for a Maid or relative to come assist..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come by AceRoyal: 12:18am On Dec 08, 2015
Na wa ooo!
End time mother inlaw tongue

Na by force for her to come do Omugwo?
Bro sew ur coat according to your clothe.
Her coming or not doesn't change anything besides saying your finances especially with the present economic situation in the Country.

Get your mom,a willing and understanding relative or a house help.

1 Like

Re: Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come by GboyegaD(m): 12:51am On Dec 08, 2015
You and your wife should work around taking care of your baby. If your mother in law was very far from you, wouldn't you guys take good care of the baby?

6 Likes

Re: Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come by vilight(f): 2:25am On Dec 08, 2015
Ur wife should have a little experience in taking care of the baby since its her second child. U could still enlist the help of a good neighbour close by who would help to bath the baby for the 1st week or so - because to me that's the hardest thing, the rest of them with a little effort you guys would pull through perfectly and with lesser expenses

Check out my blog
http://viviancares..com

1 Like

Re: Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come by cococandy(f): 2:58am On Dec 08, 2015
Does she even have your best interests at heart? undecided
If she won't come, let your own mom come.
C'est finis

2 Likes

Re: Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come by armyofone(m): 4:00am On Dec 08, 2015
Lol, mama watched a bit too much of nollywood. Who wouldn't be motivated to drink minutes maid and eat Mr. Biggs after watching Patience Ozukwo enjoying peri peri grin
Anyway Op, DIY. You should help your wife, take turns to sleep at night and caring for the baby. Caring for a baby should not be a job for madam alone. But both of you can do it.

cococandy:
Does she even have your best interests at heart? undecided
If she won't come, let your own mom come.
C'est finis

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come by cococandy(f): 6:02am On Dec 08, 2015
armyofone:
Lol, mama watched a bit too much of nollywood. Who wouldn't be motivated to drink minutes maid and eat Mr. Biggs after watching Patience Ozukwo enjoying peri peri grin
Anyway Op, DIY. You should help your wife, take turns to sleep at night and caring for the baby. Caring for a baby us not one person job.But both of you can do it.

cheesy those nollywood people.

Spoiling reality for us.

1 Like

Re: Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come by armyofone(m): 6:20am On Dec 08, 2015
grin Especially Patience. Her omugwo drama is something else. I personally don't see the needs for omugwo if you have a caring, loving husband and a weekend paid helper.
cococandy:

cheesy those nollywood people.

Spoiling reality for us.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come by byvan03: 6:29am On Dec 08, 2015
Forget you MIL and assist your wife, it's nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come by SAMBARRY: 7:13am On Dec 08, 2015
You need a nanny /baby sitter not a materialistic mother inlaw. If she knows your financial situation but shes not giving you domestic support and she's still demanding lace and gorge then her husband can as well satisfy her indulgences. Is it the money you're managing for baby things,baby food and the smooth running of the house you go use go take buy lace? undecided

You Don buy lace for yourself first? undecided

I don't know what's with Nigerians and doing people pleaser or living for the society
Re: Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come by SAMBARRY: 7:34am On Dec 08, 2015
Btw it's better for her to stay wherever she is because overfamiliarity breeds contempt before we already have enough his mother Inlaw is a witch thread. Your mil staying with you will cause overfamiliarity

1 Like

Re: Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come by balancediet(m): 9:47am On Dec 08, 2015
You desrve a cold drink. whats ur brand my friend?
Miami11:
Hire a house help

Get any relative willing to help

Let end time in law rest in the village

1 Like

Re: Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come by chynergy1(m): 1:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
it s ok. after my first kid, i never invited anyone for omugo again.
i have three kids already and they are doing fine.
it is mostly needed in the first child
due to the young woman inexperience.
man that omugo can be very expensive. grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

I’m Losing My Head, Home And World! Please, Help Me / Ladies With Big Stomach May Never Find Their Marriage Partners. / Can You Market These Newly 10 Innovative Fast Moving Products In Your State ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.