Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:20 PM

2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare (19939 Views)

N500b Paris Club Refund: Labour Set For Showdown With Governors / Sale Of National Assets Needed To Fund 2016 Budget – FG / National Assembly To Buhari: Drop N500b Intervention Fund From Budget 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Standing5(m): 10:25pm On Dec 08, 2015
ThimmyWood:

Yes bozz!!! Although I'm not totally buying your point of view, my major concern here is that this 500bn naira can be use to generate and redistribute wealth through the provision of sustainable employment for the populace and not just giving them money on a platter of gold....
Teach people how to fish don't give them fish.
50yrs ago FG gave fishes and they are planning on doing same.
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by adekal001: 10:37pm On Dec 08, 2015
Fine sanctions on any contravening parties like MTN
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by UjSizzle(f): 10:41pm On Dec 08, 2015
Conditional cash transfers.
Why is it so difficult for people to send their children to school and immunize them? Especially why these social packages are either free or subsidized. Now we're giving out conditional cash transfers and feeding kids (this one's fine) and giving grants to corp members thrust into the labor market.
*sighs* That's a lot happening at once.
So basically we'll have more borrowing to finance the deficit, and spend the money on projects incapable of yielding returns to service our debts? I hope the government has other plans though.

Still watching....
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by yussuffer7881: 10:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
That is why we stand on our feet and voted him Sai Baba to power because we will never be disappointed, unlike the Gorilla that just left the office emptied. GOD Bless Buhari GOD Bless Nigeria, forward ever, backward never.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Khez: 10:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
Wey the money for police and immigration recruitment nua?

Abi they don forgot?

Abegi economic pipu help out and throw more like

Truth be told tho*,reading this gave me full joy, we need to support this people, they know what they are doing, they have our interest at hrt,.... May God give them the grace and strength to perfect!
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Sixfootah(m): 11:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
flokii:

there's no point arguing with an old man like you..

keep consoling urself and your Clueless hero.
typical deluded Nigerian in Disneyland!!! Please, how much do they say you need to SPEND on infrastructure annually so your standard of living Will improve... Compare that amount and your annual budget projections and see that "it's just plain Idiocy, for any body to think NIGERIA, IS RICH.. Rich, when all human development indices seem to suggest otherwise..

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Sixfootah(m): 11:06pm On Dec 08, 2015
They'll rather support handouts but will oppose regulated child bearing..
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by flokii: 11:11pm On Dec 08, 2015
Sixfootah:
typical deluded Nigerian in Disneyland!!! Please, how much do they say you need to SPEND on infrastructure annually so your standard of living Will improve... Compare that amount and your annual budget projections and see that "it's just plain Idiocy, for any body to think NIGERIA, IS RICH.. Rich, when all human development indices seem to suggest otherwise..

OK... Naija is broke

Are you pleased now?

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Sixfootah(m): 11:21pm On Dec 08, 2015
flokii:

OK... Naija is broke

Are you pleased now?
I'm trying to force to think outside your so called "Nigerian wealth"... That Nigeria is no where near Rich, if the right things are done...
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Chimoski87(m): 11:21pm On Dec 08, 2015
In as much as I like the breakdown of this stuff and also voted APC throughout the election, I hope the bulk of this money called "social welfare package " will not be used in disguise to feed those people in the IDP camps cos I don't see what will give someone an impetus to marry in the IDP camp when he's 99.9% dependent on FG for his daily meals

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by yhemsy62(m): 11:27pm On Dec 08, 2015
looseweight:
God pls, count me worthy to enjoy this welfare package
amen o also with and loves one too
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Lytech(m): 11:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
See nigerians druming and dancing coz a politician talks..... Chai,same way we dance and jumped wen he said he his for everybody and belongs to nobody,same way we dance wen he said he will rescue chibok girls in 100days,same way we rejoice wen he said boko haram will be of forgetten by december 2015....
Sai buhari,god fatherism of liars
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by DelGardo: 12:06am On Dec 09, 2015
It took a little over one month to produce a plan of such quality. We had PDP wrecking gang for over 16 years, of which the last 5 was a looting fest of acute cluelessness.. in 16 years they could not produce such a SMART plan.

Implementation? For where. Over $20 billion spent on power, a lot of motion and talk, blame throwing and disclaimers yet less that 600mw was added. For the mathematicians in the house that translates to a return of about 30mw for every $1 spent on power! Compare that international rule of thumb of about 1,000mw per billion dollars investment.

We told you guys over 6 months ago that the change is real.
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by ArcIbrahim38(m): 12:07am On Dec 09, 2015
GudluckIBB:
Buhari and his team does not make Noise.

While he is Travelling around seeking for invesrment Osibanjo and other ministers are busy at home working.

Meanwhile Sambo who served as Vp to GEJ didn't utter upto 5 words when he was VP let alone knowing how to put things together.

What a Govt we had under GEJ!

Its a pity.

Haha the guy de baffle me more when I see that ARC cai
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by baralatie(m): 12:32am On Dec 09, 2015
To that extent, government said that a budget size of N6.04 trillion is being proposed and federal government’s revenue is projected at N3.82 trillion implying a projected deficit of N2.22 trillion.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
There is something odd here @ $38/barrel and extra #2.2 tr
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by koladebrainiac(m): 1:33am On Dec 09, 2015
One thing am sure over 800bilion is coming from the fine on MTN grin grin then other income tax. Make them please fine some comapany oo so we can see money spend in this country.
I see 2016 where each n everyone of us,even IPOB would be so happy to pay their tax c ;Dos they so sure their money is safe with no nonsense mohammadu buhari grin our able pastor Osibanjo who go make sure the money is circulated to everybody-my fear is that,its only these pastors in the church that will chop all these money as tithe n offering-sorry that was a joke.
Ok bukola saraki is their ro sign into law anything Buhari want-knock around senate president-that was a joke too lols .
Hey on a serious note
Let me tell u the reality on ground.

Next year,28states are still bankrupt. It means they wont be able to pay salary*tears*
More states would lay off staff-downsizing

Most of next year federal government would be bailing out on states most especially APC states
You know why because all PDP states are ok-they have money-hehehe who is still belivieving them sef? The hell they are broke too . but they wont say it. They will keep doctoring all the balance sheet . spending ur money n wont do any meaningful project cos they know they will lose election n the give problems to next coming governors.... Awww that was digerssion

On a more serious note again their will be too many loads on FG. State will only be eating from wherw dey no sow. Thats federal allocation for u.

I still see FG allocation to states as the same way FG subsidy payment to petroleum marketter. There is no allocation-the same way there is no subsidy. Hehehe
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by onatisi(m): 3:40am On Dec 09, 2015
in as much as this plan sounds and look good. the major issue here is how does the fg finance the over 3trillion naira budget deficit?
hope this government wont plunge the nation into more crisis,because definitelty the national assembly will still increase this budget to 7 trillion
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Reference(m): 3:43am On Dec 09, 2015
Very good start.
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by duni04(m): 5:54am On Dec 09, 2015
I think this idea of feeding kids in school is just ridiculous. what we should do is empower families to feed their children at home.
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by persius555(m): 6:28am On Dec 09, 2015
PDP is the worst thing that ever happpened to nigeria
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by tinsel: 6:50am On Dec 09, 2015
I can see Osibanjo's sleepless nights here. Anyway I expect nothing less from a man that became a professor of law at 30 somthing years. Sir, if you people will have the political will to implement this budget Nigeria will be better. They will try to stampede you people to make mistakes, just ignore and remain focused.
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by gbagyiza: 7:55am On Dec 09, 2015
tuale4u:
I see VP Osibanjo work on this Budget. We really have a nice combination. Buhai for his strong will, passion and integrity. Osibanjo for his economic soundness and passion to perform .

u r an intelligent personality i most confess.u hv analyst it all.
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by awa(m): 8:27am On Dec 09, 2015
That is not in any way close to solution of restiveness in the society. Push that amount to generate employment. We have a lot of construction works to do in this nation. The money can be used in that direction. Dont make people lazy but engage them productively Mr. President.

Thanks
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by yjgm(m): 9:01am On Dec 09, 2015
Standing5:
Social welfare negates the federal character principle. If some 50yrs ago provision was made for the forceful representation of all LGC in governance and distribution of wealth by now nobody should be entitled to a helping hand from the FG again. I see it as a second attempt by the FG to dash out monies to almajiri. The almajiris are even opposed to education n economic growth which was the initial excuse used in starting a skewed Federal Character scheme. Buhari should focus on building a strong Nigerian society that allows people express themselves economically instead of supporting them economically.

Let me bring you to light. If you don't know how educated the so called almajiris are, let me tell you. If there is to be employment opportunity in several MDA'S, believe this, the almajiris will virtually fill it up and so many left out of it. This is how educated they are now.
So, drop that nonsense about skewed Federal Character.
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Standing5(m): 10:06am On Dec 09, 2015
yjgm:

Let me bring you to light. If you don't know how educated the so called almajiris are, let me tell you. If there is to be employment opportunity in several MDA'S, believe this, the almajiris will virtually fill it up and so many left out of it. This is how educated they are now.
So, drop that nonsense about skewed Federal Character.
Almajiris status will be attractive as long as the FG keeps fueling it. It was 50 years ago and it is today. So shut your mouth n stop justifying laziness.
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Sunnyade01(m): 11:11am On Dec 09, 2015
Baba Buhari and his team mean well for this Country.

Let's continue to pray and support the government
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by yjgm(m): 11:36am On Dec 09, 2015
Standing5:

Almajiris status will be attractive as long as the FG keeps fueling it. It was 50 years ago and it is today. So shut your mouth n stop justifying laziness.

Why are you jumping ships?. Attack the issue no insult. It shows how immature you are.
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by Standing5(m): 11:55am On Dec 09, 2015
yjgm:

Why are you jumping ships?. Attack the issue no insult. It shows how immature you are.
Jumping issues? Now i see you never grasped the issue here.
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by ideylaff: 7:55am On Dec 10, 2015
The money from recoveries and misappropriated funds is PROJECTED, don't get it twisted the statement never said the money is there now ooo

Another issue Legislative budget slashed by only 5 billion what Crap is that?

Can't tighten up more on themselves ,. Wicked LOT
Re: 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare by yjgm(m): 6:47am On Dec 29, 2015
Standing5:

So being educated is now laziness in your myopic view. Few words for you my bro, ignorance is a disease.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NBA Sues Kenny Ogungbe, Hannatu Musawa, Culture Minister Over NYSC Certificate / Not Every Employer Is To Pay N70000 Minimum Wage, Akpabio erred - The Cable / Dapo Abiodun Flags Off Full Reconstruction Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.