Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Some Misconception About Warri And Her People - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Misconception About Warri And Her People (38171 Views)

Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls / Why Did Africans Sell her People? / A MUST READ: Misconception About Tiv Hospitality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by whiteroses(f): 9:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
fratermathy:

This scenario can happen with ANYBODY ANYWHERE! I have seen worse people in various other cities I've travelled to. It is not unique to Waffarians. So correct that impression sharp sharp.

i used to think their women has a natural attitude to challenge and fight people even if they dont know you LOL cos one day i was late to a party and apologized to my friend, one warri stranger just said this one done pass fashionably late excuse me who are you ? then imagine on another occasion i asked a friend if she changed her foundation? a warri lady on looking just said why did you ask? I was bewildered thinking who is this and why are you interfering in my conversation? they must be really backward in warri and can't mind their business, I said to myself grin but thanks for clearing things up.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by mascot87(m): 9:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
fratermathy:

This guy nor wise at all. So na Chenkess u wan follow yarn Opata with for here. Nor worry, na wheelbarrow we go take push u commot this thread.

This una mouth no dey different from the chest beating of my brother over the River niger. I pity una well
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Mister2: 9:02pm On Dec 08, 2015
fratermathy:

Dont unearth sentiments that cant be settled here. Please enjoy this thread and retract your insult on the Op and let it be! The monarch is the Olu of Warri and that has been gazetted. What more do you want, harbingers of discontent. angry undecided
The OP gave a slightly wrong information, and he needed to correct that. This is a fun cum educative platform, and therefore giving accurate information is imperative. HRH, the Olu of Warri is the only recognised King in the warri kingdom; the other kings mentioned are offshoots of agitations of Urhobos and Ijaws; Urhobos and Ijaws claiming they own part of warri.

1 Like

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by mikigen(m): 9:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
Jolllyjoy:
wink
cool well spotted! Somewhere in the south...Noted! Hw you doing?
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by jasysandra(f): 9:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
mascot87:

Bae, na on top bed me & u go settle matter. After 7 rounds, u go know say na Warri get last self
Guy Kponkpi sad

Just seven rounds
Come Warri make smalli teach you how we roll.

2 Likes

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
mikigen:
cool well spotted! Somewhere in the south...Noted! Hw you doing?
hehehehehecheesycheesy

am doing just fine,yhu?
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
jasysandra:
Guy Kponkpi sad
Just seven rounds Come Warri make smalli teach you how we roll.
this is funnycheesycheesy
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by fratermathy(m): 9:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
Mister2:
The OP gave a slightly wrong information, and he needed to correct that. This is a fun cum educative platform, and therefore giving accurate information is imperative. HRH, the Olu of Warri is the only recognised King in the warri kingdom; the other kings mentioned are offshoots of agitations of Urhobos and Ijaws; Urhobos and Ijaws claiming they own part of warri.

Whether offshoots or onshoots or upshoots or downshoots or around-shoots, they are there and THEY ARE RECOGNISED AND GAZETTED. Is that not right?

So he shouldn't state the whole fact because Itsekiris exist?

Who the Olu help sef undecided undecided

Olu of Warri knows his boundaries and his area. Orosuen of Okere-Warri and Ovie of Agbarha-Warri know theirs. Let's not spill bad blood over what the main dramatis personae have good sleep upon.

3 Likes

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by mikigen(m): 9:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
Jolllyjoy:
hehehehehecheesycheesy
am doing just fine,yhu?
cool nt bad that smile tho...
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by goldenceo1: 9:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
TortugaPrince:

Yes I can see from your writing that Warri people are very brilliant. Your spelling, your tenses, very brilliant.

constructive criticism is allowed. I won't join issues wit sum1 who has little or nothing to contribute to my well being when we meet in person bring ur tenses, spelling to d table let's c were it leads u to.... ignoramus!
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 08, 2015
mikigen:
cool nt bad that smile tho...
smile?the smiley or?
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by mikigen(m): 9:12pm On Dec 08, 2015
fratermathy:

Whether offshoots or onshoots or upshoots or downshoots or around-shoots, they are there and THEY ARE RECOGNISED AND GAZETTED. Is that not right?

So he shouldn't state the whole fact because Itsekiris exist?

Who the Olu help sef undecided undecided

Olu of Warri knows his boundaries and his area. Orusuen of Okere-Warri and Ovie of Agbarha-Warri know theirs. Let's not spill bad blood over what the main dramatis personae have good sleep upon.
well said bro! Nor mind dat guy jare..
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Lordnewton1(m): 9:13pm On Dec 08, 2015
FruityLass:
Warri warri

cheesy

Their father!

as in ... their dad grin grin grin
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by fratermathy(m): 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2015
whiteroses:

i used to think their women has a natural attitude to challenge and fight people even if they dont know you LOL cos one day i was late to a party and apologized to my friend, one warri stranger just said this one done pass fashionably late excuse me who are you ? then imagine on another occasion i asked a friend if she changed her foundation? a warri lady on looking just said why did you ask? I was bewildered thinking who is this and why are you interfering in my conversation? they must be really backward in warri and can't mind their business, I said to myself grin but thanks for clearing things up.

Madam Whiteroses. Make e nor be say abaka nor gree jump when afiotor start to pursue am. I go clear u one small chekeren fact now now. Waffi people are very eccentric and friendly. If you be Ogbori as I have sensed, everything go be offence to you.

2 Likes

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by collele(m): 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2015
Bros how can Jakpa and Ugboroke be Warri?
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by April4th(m): 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2015
martineverest:
1 -5 are all true.... Warri is owned by itsekiri; itsekiri is a mixture of Yoruba and bini culture(more of bini culture, which is the major difference btw get an ilaje); itsekiri, urhobo and ijaw are worst of enemies(just like Benin and ishans in Edo state;ebira and igalla;tiv and idoma); Warri and Benin are contesting for king of ruggedness and Warri is begging for development

Who be dis Na? Guy Na where u hear say Na Itsekeri get warri? Abeg no start another warri crisis o. I rep Okumagba Avenue. Original

2 Likes

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by mikigen(m): 9:15pm On Dec 08, 2015
Jolllyjoy:
smile?the smiley or?
smile,smiley or smally all join nau! Been stalking you for sometime nw tho...must say you havnt disappointed.
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by mikigen(m): 9:17pm On Dec 08, 2015
April4th:

Who be dis Na? Guy Na where u hear say Na Itsekeri get warri? Abeg no start another warri crisis o. I rep Okumagba Avenue. Original
abeg ask am oo na were d ofurhukpe cme from na?
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by fratermathy(m): 9:17pm On Dec 08, 2015
collele:
Bros how can Jakpa and Ugboroke be Warri?

How Ode-Itsekiri and Koko take be Warri? undecided You can ask questions ehn.

If you wan correct, simply correct calmly and declaratively.

Where you, die this matter before ogoro high on mokite.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 08, 2015
mascot87:

Make una dey deceive una self. You think say I resemble one gullible mala wey una dey use Warri no dey carry last dey deceive? If them born any Warri boy or girl make them try me. I go show them Wetin I dey always show them.
abegi sharrap,no dey yarn opata here,.

Empty vessel.

1 Like

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by mikigen(m): 9:18pm On Dec 08, 2015
fratermathy:

Madam Whiteroses. Make e nor be say abaka nor gree jump when afiotor start to pursue am. I go clear u one small chekeren fact now now. Waffi people are very eccentric and friendly. If you be Ogbori as I have sensed, everything go be offence to you.
u nor dey fall bros! U yan well joor!

1 Like

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 08, 2015
mikigen:
smile,smiley or smally all join nau! Been stalking you for sometime nw tho...must say you havnt disappointed.
reallyshocked

cover facesmileysmileysmiley
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by mikigen(m): 9:20pm On Dec 08, 2015
Jolllyjoy:
abegi sharrap,no dey yarn opata here,.
Empty vessel.
babe nor mind dat junky!
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by mikigen(m): 9:21pm On Dec 08, 2015
Jolllyjoy:
reallyshocked

cover facesmileysmileysmiley
even till now u still nor dey fall hand o shuu na real mattas o
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by prothelley(f): 9:23pm On Dec 08, 2015
Mennn u just burst my skellyyy. Brosss I hail. As u jor de mention d town ehnnnn, my temperature de increase.
One thing pipo nor know b say everywhere na warri for delta state. I remember da yr popsi still ge bunk for Jakpa road near Edulyn school. Menn warri remain d highest.
I gat to run back Eket make e for nor loss. Na NUMA MATERNITY HOME near Igbudu, na dere dem burn me. I enjoin warri die buh I gat to move bunk.
How area b na? E don reach like 3yrs I move. I hear say shoprite don de round about side.

In d days of Ogbe primary school.....kulikuli and ojukwu finger. Mennn.

I remembered staying at Hotel De mark area, jakpa road, ekpan, Karien, ejamudaro, cinema site. I schooled at Our lady's high school, Okugbe primary sch at Ekpan.

I last stayed at Jeddo before moving to Eket. Life for warri na hustling things. Everybody wan meet up. Menn d Christmas sha..... I de misssss die

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 08, 2015
Am disappointed in some of you.. I won't bring my self so low to destroy the unity av been building between Urhobo, Itsekiri and Ijaw.. However I apologize if my No. 8 annoy you.. u all know me

* We all Acknowledge itsekiri king as Olu of Warri, But wat I did was to inform people That his kingship doesn't extend to Urhobo land in warri as Urhobo have there own leader, But Olu Of Warri Remains The most Well known ruler in Warri , if any President wants to visit warri the only King They recognize is Olu of Warri, But our position here is that His kingship do not extend to Urhobo Land

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by fratermathy(m): 9:24pm On Dec 08, 2015
mascot87:

Make una dey deceive una self. You think say I resemble one gullible mala wey una dey use Warri no dey carry last dey deceive? If them born any Warri boy or girl make them try me. I go show them Wetin I dey always show them.

Oshare, better coordinate yourself well o. Boys just de observe u since. Na chenkesses u wan follow mould block abi? If you nor take time, them go take u do Igbudu monkey now now. Orue!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by asamaigho(m): 9:24pm On Dec 08, 2015
fratermathy:

Make una still wise small na. Why una de fall our hand for public forum like this?

The Olu of Warri rules over Itsekiri land in Warri! The title is an old story. Everyone knows it was formerly Olu of Itsekiri until 1952. (Abi I de lie?). In anyways, Urhobos and Ijaws have made peace with this. However, facts remain sacrosanct. If you dont like this, go and write your own thread!
Dont unearth sentiments that cant be settled here. Please enjoy this thread and retract your insult on the Op and let it be! The monarch is the Olu of Warri and that has been gazetted. What more do you want, harbingers of discontent. angry undecided

what is dis one feeling like....

trying to be popular(indeed)....misleading the unsuspecting public right in our very eyes is unacceptable. .....
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by prothelley(f): 9:26pm On Dec 08, 2015
fratermathy:

How Ode-Itsekiri and Koko take be Warri? undecided You can ask questions ehn.

If you wan correct, simply correct calmly and declaratively.

Where you, die this matter before ogoro high on mokite.

Warri nor go stop......wetyn bring mokite on d matter na? Abi u de size d guy?
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by dannyben5: 9:27pm On Dec 08, 2015
na watin dy warri una
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by fratermathy(m): 9:27pm On Dec 08, 2015
Goodboiyy:
Am disappointed in some of you.. I won't bring my self so low to destroy the unity av been building between Urhobo, Itsekiri and Ijaw.. However I apologize if my No. 8 annoy you.. u all know me

* We all Acknowledge itsekiri king as Olu of Warri, But wat I did was to inform people That his kingship doesn't extend to Urhobo land in warri as Urhobo have there own leader, But Olu Of Warri Remains The most Well known ruler in Warri , if any President wants to visit warri the only King They recognize is Olu of Warri, But our position here is that His kingship do not extend to Urhobo Land

This issue is a very simple issue bro. Do not mind detractors. You know I have a good history with them. Remember my cultural threads?

The best recipe is what you have just done. EVERY MONARCH IN WARRI KNOWS THEIR BOUNDARY!!! THE OLU OF WARRI IS THE OLDEST AND A FIRST CLASS KING BUT HE RULES ONLY OVER ITSEKIRI-WARRI.!!! Anyone who disagrees should rewrite history. Semper Fi!
Re: Some Misconception About Warri And Her People by Kirigidi(m): 9:29pm On Dec 08, 2015
D fact is dat, many of d establishments which make d name of Warri very popular in Nigeria ar actualy located outside Warri main City. They ar sited mainly in d Urhobo LGAs of Uvwie, Udu nd Okpe. E.g, Warri Refinery in Ekpan(Uvwie), Petroleum Training Institute in Effurun(Uvwie), Federal University of Petroleum Resources in Effurun(Uvwie), Nigerian Army Barracks in Effurun(Uvwie), Nigerian Airforce Barracks in Effurun(Uvwie), NNPC Housing Estate in Ekpan(Uvwie), PPMC Depot in Ekpan(Uvwie), Nigeria Gas Company (Uvwie/Warri South), Delta Shopping Mall/Shoprite in Effurun(Uvwie), Enerhen Junction (Uvwie), Osubi Airport (Okpe), Delta Steel Company in Aladja(Udu) Itakpe-Warri railway Terminus (Udu), etc. Also, many of d oil nd gas companies dat earned Warri d title of "Oil City" ar sited outside d city.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Itsekiris. / Queen Ajoke Adeyemi's 30th Birthday Party Photos / Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.