Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,622 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess (38287 Views)

Low Turnout As Oluwo Of Iwo Marries Kano Princess / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title / "My Wife, Chanel Chin Is The Most Beautiful Queen On Planet Earth"- Oluwo Of Iwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by ijustdey: 12:07pm On Feb 11, 2022
Oluwo Of Iwo Writes Osun Governor, Oyetola, Requests Millions Of Naira To Finance His Upcoming ‘Royal Wedding’ To Kano Princess

The Oluwo of Iwo land in Osun State, Abdulrasheed Akanbi, has requested the support of the state government financially and logistically for his upcoming marriage to an unnamed princess from Kano State.

According to a letter obtained by SaharaReporters on Friday, dated February 8, 2022, addressed to Governor Gboyega Oyetola, the monarch said the estimated amount for the event is above N20,000,000.

“I have the instruction of His Imperial Majesty, Oba (Dr) Abdul-Rasheed Adewale Akanbi, the Oluwo of Iwo to notify you of the Oluwo’s decision to marry a Princess from Kano Emirate, to be precise Ado Bayero dynasty.

“I wish to remind your Excellency that the kind of royal wedding within two notable traditional institutions in Nigeria will require huge expenses, which necessitate the support of state government financially even logistically.

“Moreover, the estimated amount for the event is above N20,000,000. His Excellency, Oba Akanbi relies on you for necessary consideration and approval on this request,” the letter read.

Oluwo had in December 2019 divorced his former wife, Chanel Chin, and since then there has been no queen in the palace.

He announced his divorce in 2019 through his spokesperson, Alli Ibraheem, saying the separation was borne out of “personal irreconcilable differences.”

Oluwo accused Ms Chin of filming their bedroom activities and alleged that she tried to blackmail him into giving her some money so she would not release a particular video.

The controversial monarch also mocked her, saying that God Almighty who is worthy of praise will never leave his ordained servant to be scorned by enemies.

He, however, didn’t go into the details of what is contained in the video. The monarch also slammed his alleged detractors, kings inclusive, for failing in their plans to pull him down.

In the heat of their messy separation, the ex-queen had released a video of the monarch rolling up a joint to smoke.

This was after she granted an interview accusing him of numerous vices including sleeping with their 13-year-old maid.

They had met in Toronto, Canada where they both resided, long before the king’s ascension to the throne.

They tied the knot after his ascendancy on November 10, 2015.

The marriage produced a son named Oduduwa. In an interview published in December 2020, the monarch’s estranged wife said her marriage to the Oluwo was built on falsehood.

http://saharareporters.com/2022/02/11/oluwo-iwo-writes-osun-governor-oyetola-requests-millions-naira-finance-his-upcoming-

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:11pm On Feb 11, 2022
What's that? undecided
If you don't have enough money for marriage relax and do something you are capable of..the whole world musn't know you are getting married..
That amount of money is enough to feed some needy persons in his county..

97 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by ThEGodFaThEr902: 12:17pm On Feb 11, 2022
As a confirm Yoruba guy from Igbęsa Ogun state, this is one of the reason why I detest the way of life of some of our Yoruba elders.

You don't have money but you want to do OWAMBE.

We Yorubas need to put an end to this OWAMBE lifestyle.

If we toast a girl then we will do OWAMBE
If we impregnate a girl, we will do OWAMBE
If our girls carry belle we will do OWAMBE
If we recover from sickness we will do OWAMBE
If we collect owo ajô we will do OWAMBE
If we collect owo-ilę we will do OWAMBE
If we do freedom we will do OWAMBE
If our women divorce their men we will do OWAMBE
If our men divorce their women we will do OWAMBE
Every Friday and Saturday we will do OWAMBE
Everyday na so so OWAMBE

203 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by Baawaa(m): 12:25pm On Feb 11, 2022
Who send him message

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by slimfit1(m): 12:26pm On Feb 11, 2022
His wedding is more important than pensioners why not please ask for the whole budget of the state to join abe. Since people don't want to get common sense poverty go give them sense.
To have the boldness to approach your state says that the poor are enjoying poverty simple.
Until the poor make sure that the rich are not sleeping with two eyes closed, the rich will keep bleeding the poor for survival. This is my contribution to the development of Nigeria thank you I have done my best, I am not Abiola I am not sacrificing my blood until everyone joins in to make the sacrifice.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by OVB123: 12:31pm On Feb 11, 2022
This king is just problematic to yoruba nation. I wish we can get him out of that stool.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by illicit(m): 12:37pm On Feb 11, 2022
I will like to share a joint with this my king one day

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by redPUSSY(f): 12:41pm On Feb 11, 2022
Afonja moslem thief !!

Emir of Iwoh

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by gasparpisciotta: 12:51pm On Feb 11, 2022
Dan gbana!!!

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 11, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr902:
As a confirm Yoruba guy from Igbęsa Ogun state this is one of the reason why I detest the way of life of some of our Yoruba elders.

You don't have money but you want to do OWAMBE.

We Yorubas need to put an end to this OWAMBE lifestyle.

If we toast a girl then we will do OWAMBE
If we impregnate a girl, we will do OWAMBE
If we recover from sickness we will do OWAMBE
If we collect owo ajô we will do OWAMBE
If we do freedom we will do OWAMBE
If our women divorce their men we will do OWAMBE
Everyday na so so OWAMBE

Why must it be igbo all the time?
Respect our culture, you say no
Respect our food you say no
Respect our elders you say no
Respect our Kings you say no
Respect our boundaries you say no

Wetin now?! Them use hatred water bath una when u come dis world?

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 11, 2022
OVB123:
This king is just problematic to yoruba nation. I wish we can get him out of that stool.
Another ipob putting his mouth in trouble

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by nairavsdollars(f): 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2022
Not surprised. The Oluwo was seen smoking weed

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by ThEGodFaThEr902: 1:15pm On Feb 11, 2022
SlyDev:

Why must it be igbo all the time?
Respect our culture, you say no
Respect our food you say no
Respect our elders you say no
Respect our Kings you say no
Respect our boundaries you say no

Wetin now?! Them use hatred water bath una when u come dis world?
So anybody that constructively criticize a Yoruba way of life then that person automatically becomes igbo? I am even far more Yoruba than you Tinubu urchins. Show me your father's compound and state your surname let me check something.

Bi a ba ro didún ifôn á ó ô'ra dèegun.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by heniford2: 1:46pm On Feb 11, 2022
Afonja self dem oba no get sense at all

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by GraphicsMaster1: 4:44pm On Feb 11, 2022
... Oluwo Of Iwo Writes Osun Governor, Oyetola, Requests Millions Of Naira To Finance His Upcoming ‘Royal Wedding’ To Kano Princess

The Oluwo of Iwo land in Osun State, Abdulrasheed Akanbi, has requested the support of the state government financially and logistically for his upcoming marriage to an unnamed princess from Kano State....
“I have the instruction of His Imperial Majesty, Oba (Dr) Abdul-Rasheed Adewale Akanbi, the Oluwo of Iwo to notify you of the Oluwo’s decision to marry a Princess from Kano Emirate, to be precise Ado Bayero dynasty?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by iamyemiakins(m): 4:44pm On Feb 11, 2022
As per say na the whole citizens of the state go dey take turns dey knack the wife to be

22 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by TechNana(f): 4:44pm On Feb 11, 2022
20m for wedding only?

Please dear, marry me with 2m,

Give me the rest 18m,

You'd forever appreciate the future I'd build us.

Build your future here: https://www.nairaland.com/6705451/
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by espn(m): 4:44pm On Feb 11, 2022
Na wa oo
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by chigator2: 4:44pm On Feb 11, 2022
Why do Afonja people beg always ??

Laziness everywhere !!

3 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by Eriokanmi: 4:44pm On Feb 11, 2022
Is kingship by force? No wonder most of our Kings fight dirty before ascending their thrones. He's one of a shameless Kings amongst us. He talks like he's drunk at times.

This isn't peculiar to any tribe. Most of the Kings in Nigeria are dirty politicians, very greedy and that's why they'd never take sides with the masses. See the way ESN are killing them too in the South East? They've stained their sacred thrones with corruption, those who are supposed to be fighting for the masses .

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by Oduduwa707: 4:44pm On Feb 11, 2022
Useless Bastard! angry

9 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by GreatTormentor: 4:45pm On Feb 11, 2022
It must be the hand work of some mischievous deranged people, it is not possible for Oluwo to write such letter

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by Oduduwa707: 4:45pm On Feb 11, 2022
heniford2:

6 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by KaluwisxPRO: 4:45pm On Feb 11, 2022
Yoruba kings are big disgrace to marriage, this useless man wey no get respect for himself.

You no owe bar, you wan enjoy life, dey form big boy everywhere, and shishi no gum you. Yoruba kings should stop getting married, because they lack what it takes to hold a home.

This one go marry with 20m finish, divorce next year again.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by Bounceboune7: 4:45pm On Feb 11, 2022
This guy na clown

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:45pm On Feb 11, 2022
Over to Governor Oyetola.

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by todaynewsreview: 4:45pm On Feb 11, 2022
Hmmmmm
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by ImoleNaija: 4:46pm On Feb 11, 2022
Oro okere, bi ko ba le 'kan, a din ni'kan.

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by Halldmoney: 4:46pm On Feb 11, 2022
A royal wedding will definitely cost more than that before you spew the line "misplaced priority" and even in the western world, Elites spend millions on small weddings as they would call it. This shouldn't have gone public in the middle of so many chaos going on the country though

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess by Dapson73(m): 4:47pm On Feb 11, 2022
heniford2:

Ori e ti daru.

Omo ale jatijati.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"We The Ewe People Of Ghana Are The Same As Yoruba"- Yewe2011.ewe Guy From Ghana / Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched / Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.