Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Penastory: Twenty – Episode 2 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Penastory: Twenty – Episode 2 (563 Views)

Penastory: Twenty Episode 6 / Penastory : That Night In My Best Friend’s Bed: Every Girl’s Fantasy (18+) / Penastory: Twenty Episode 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Penastory: Twenty – Episode 2 by RothmasPop: 11:02pm On Dec 08, 2015
www.penastory.com/2015/12/08/twenty-episode-2/

[Excerpt From Episode 1: “I am afraid I would need you to come in to identify a body. We think it might be someone you know.” She laughed derisively and hung up without another word. Two deaths in one!
“What is Edmund Crescent turning into?” she yelled into the silent night….To Read Episode 1: Click
HERE ]
The alarm went off at exactly 7a.m. and her sleep befuddled mind simply communicated the need to shut out the offending noise. She stretched out her arm towards the alarm that was shrilling as if the world was about to come to and end silenced it. Immediately the noise stopped, her mind also came awake. She jerked away guiltily like someone who had been stung by an insect and her eyes went straight to the mirror that stood between her pink coloured wardrobe. Her eyes were swollen but not from heavy sleep but the lack of sleep. One look at her could tell anyone that she hadn’t slept well. But how could she have had a peaceful night considering yesterday’s activities?
That thought made her jolt fully awake as the events of yesterday came flooding back. That was why she had woken with a start, the murder was on her mind. She climbed out of bed with trepidation and took a look around the room. For a brief second. her eyes rested on her own portrait by the door. The dark eyes framed by long brows seemed to stare back at her guiltily and she shifted her gaze away to the picture of her mom and late dad but in them she only found condemnation again. She stared at the sign on the door “Strong Lasgidi Babe,” and she smiled wryly. Even she didnt know she was that strong.
The bloodstains needed to be cleaned before mom gets back, her mind finally registered. She had been too busy after that hurried burial. Only if Mathew had come but she quickly dismissed Matthew from her thoughts as she took another look at her swollen face in the mirror before slipping on a robe and headed out to begin the cleaning. As she began her scrubbing, starting from the living room floor, her mind flashed to the activities of yesterday.
David was her mother’s boyfriend and although he was always been polite and pleasant to her, she wasn’t particularity fond of him. Maybe it had to with the thought that he was about to replace her father in her mother’s life. He came calling and she informed him that mother wasn’t home and was never home at that kind of time. She was watching a TV programme and she went right back to it, plopping into the couch and munching on her chocolate cookies like he wasn’t present. He tried starting a conversation but her monosyllabic replies was enough to discourage any conversation.
“You are really beautiful you know?” That caught her attention and she looked at him. The smile on his face sickened her and she muttered an off handed thank you. He shifted closer to her on the couch and tried to take her in his arms but she jumped up immediately and that was when the beast in him unleashed itself. She fought like a wounded tigress and he had chased her right to the dinning area just by the end of the living room. As he pinned her down, she yanked frantically at the table cloth, trying to find something to pull herself. The table cloth came spilling its content on the floor, jug, plates, a jar of peanut butter, a Bournvita tin and then the knife. She didnt think twice when her hand found that. She grabbed it and plunged it in his back, she kept plunging till he lay limp on her and that was when it hit her. She had just killed someone.
“How could he even think of doing that to me?.” She asked herself under her breath. She was feeling tired again from that scrubbing. Her body still ached from his attack and her head was beginning to throb a bit from a dull headache. She needed to clear her mind and perhaps writing down the events would help she thought and brought out her diary.
Friday October 26th
I’m way pass greeting you dear diary. I’m so scared…. I’ve killed someone and I buried him myself. Funny thing is that I feel no remorse at all. Was it my fault?? It was only self defense…. If I hadn’t killed him he’d have hurt me plenty plenty. He’d have hurt my mother. My only treasure. Matthew is nowhere to be found. I am still expecting his call…
Just then her telephone rang and she ran to the living room, praying that it was Matthew this time.
“Hello,” she literally barked into the phone
“I know what you did, I saw it all…” The voice was was gruff and that of a man. Her blood ran cold and suddenly, the room seemed to be spinning.
“Who is this…What..what…what are you talking about?” She stammered even as she leaned against the table, trying not to drop the phone in her hand.
“I saw you, the corpse you buried last night. Check, where you hid it, dead men don’t walk.” The line went dead and she dropped the phone with a bang as she ran out to the backyard. The shallow grave had been dug out by somebody and the body was gone. She stumbled back in fear just as the door bell went off.

Read Episode one on link below

www.penastory.com/2015/12/08/twenty-episode-2/

(1) (Reply)

Empowered To Write: Writing Like Chimamanda! / Now That You Are Here – Episode Nine (A Tale Of Deception, Betrayal And Murder) / The Great Mistake(a Story By Dawinlove)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.