Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Let The Truth Be Said, Igbos Are The Backbone Of Nollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Let The Truth Be Said, Igbos Are The Backbone Of Nollywood (868 Views)

Full List Of Winners At The Best Of Nollywood Awards 2017(see List) / Shocking Transformations (Costumes) Of Nollywood Actresses-pics / The 2015 "Best Of Nollywood Awards" Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let The Truth Be Said, Igbos Are The Backbone Of Nollywood by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 09, 2015
Igbos have contributed so much to Nigeria although they are marginalized but yet resilient, enterprising, wealthy and intelligent.
Hollywood was coined by the Igbo's , popularized by the Igbo's and thus i'ld say they invented nollywood.

Even pure water business was started by the Igbo's today it had reduced the incidence of water borne diseases , I remember coming back from dch and buying water in white nylon bags but today we have packaged water all thanks to the Igbo's.

Look at the eastern part of Nigeria, so beautiful and well planned infact I'll be moving to Enugu or owerri soon, haven't made my choice yet.

My advice to Nigerians, keep the Igbo's in Nigeria, make sure their grievances are settled and stop the marginalization.

2 Likes

Re: Let The Truth Be Said, Igbos Are The Backbone Of Nollywood by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 09, 2015
Na today u know?
80%of african movies in AMC,AFRICAN MAGIC,NOLLYWOOD TV IS IGBO MOVIES,when we leave the we will also breakout into biafrawood-the second largest movie producer in the world after bollywood and before hollywood and then noollywood,
abeg hail biafra

3 Likes

Re: Let The Truth Be Said, Igbos Are The Backbone Of Nollywood by ak47mann(m): 3:13pm On Dec 09, 2015
We all knew that long time ago.How many none Igbo names do u see in the movie from producers,directors,marketers to actors and actresses cool
Re: Let The Truth Be Said, Igbos Are The Backbone Of Nollywood by ckmayoca: 3:16pm On Dec 09, 2015
We know that so why this epistle?
Re: Let The Truth Be Said, Igbos Are The Backbone Of Nollywood by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
that's why it will always remain wack.check out the really good nollywood movies,they are mostly produced by Yoruba's.

1 Like

Re: Let The Truth Be Said, Igbos Are The Backbone Of Nollywood by NigLasPresident: 3:22pm On Dec 09, 2015
Is it that the op has no pressing issue to talk about today but something of no relevance? Ok since igbo is back bone of nollywood kindly tell us what role you yourself play in nollywood... As if nollywood even recognizes you... Get a life!

1 Like

Re: Let The Truth Be Said, Igbos Are The Backbone Of Nollywood by Guykhena(m): 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2015
I guess that's why the quality of Nollywood is nothing to write home about undecided
Re: Let The Truth Be Said, Igbos Are The Backbone Of Nollywood by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 09, 2015
@Op, carry your tribal bias go politics section, abeg. Your kind (troublemakers) plenty for there.
Re: Let The Truth Be Said, Igbos Are The Backbone Of Nollywood by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
crusadistic:
that's why it will always remain wack.check out the really good nollywood movies,they are mostly produced by Yoruba's.

Envy and jealousy will kill you. So ije is sack Abi, amazing grace is wack Abi.. Even kunle afolayan is not even known in Malawi talk more of south Africa.

Man abeg go sleep.

(1) (Reply)

See What Lady Put On Display While Interviewing Ex-bbn Housemate Soma / Home Alone "Star Actor Died After Having Minor Back Surgery / Before We Get Too High On TSTV- Punch Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.