Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,378 members, 7,954,536 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:36 PM

17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria (35372 Views)

17 Things You Should Never Ever Google. / Iphone Users Have More Sex Than Android & Blackberry Users - OK Cupid’s Survey / 16 Things That Are Too Real For Nigerians Who Use Android Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by kayspark27(m): 11:09am On Dec 10, 2015
hehe
..were re d iphone users
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 11:43am On Dec 10, 2015
handie:
Iphone is overrated and is UnNigerian. Honestly, I'll take a Samsung S6 Edge over an Iphone 6 anytime. And oh! Before u term me a broke ass dude or not tech savvy, I'll want u to tell me what make an Iphone 6 soo distinctive from an S6 edge..... Apart from d hype and price

1) You should be comparing the S6 Edge with the iPhone 6S

2) The 6S is way more powerful than the S6 Edge
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 10, 2015
texazzpete:

Explain the bolded
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by ValerianSteel(m): 12:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
Laughed like crazy grin grin grin

Team rocking BlackberryPriv and Iphone6 as well cool
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by datigbogirl: 12:37pm On Dec 10, 2015
mosjames:
As my money no reach to buy iphone, I go buy phantom5
Moreover I like boom player, which won't work on iphone

what special function has boom player got?
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 10, 2015
texazzpete:

If you wish, we could compare notes and I'd tell you why not. If you really wanna compare from both ecosystems, you should pair the Note 5 vs iPhone 6s +
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by Krayzeejhay(m): 1:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
What's the use of Iphone6 sef,when d charger keeps fvcking up?!...
Very stingy phone
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 1:36pm On Dec 10, 2015
ollah1:

Explain the bolded

This again?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9686/the-apple-iphone-6s-and-iphone-6s-plus-review/15

SoC
On the SoC side, it’s pretty safe to say that the A9 SoC is the best SoC in any phone today. We can talk about the TSMC and Samsung controversy, but at the end of the day regardless of which one you end up with the performance is going to be far and away better than anything else we’ve seen thus far. There are a lot of reasons for this, but at the end of the all that really matters is that the phone delivers the best user experience in areas where GPU or CPU performance is a gating factor.

GPU and gaming
The reality is that a high end phone is going to be used for gaming by a lot of people, and at the high-end gaming performance really needs to be impressive. The iPhone 6s’ are going to do well at this. GFXBench isn’t the same thing as an actual game, but the fact that the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus are basically pegging T-Rex at the maximum possible frame rate for most of a 3-4 hour infinite run of this intense benchmark basically[b] means that gaming on the iPhone is going to be the best possible experience due to its incredibly high unthrottled GPU performance and the length of time that it’s able to sustain that unthrottled GPU performance. No other SoC I've tested this year can sustain this level of performance for this level of time[/b].

Storage Speed

The other truly impressive aspect of the iPhone 6s’ this generation is the storage solution. The iPhone’s storage solution here is ahead of everything else in the industry for three clear reasons. The first is the use of more advanced NAND organization. Although TLC NAND alone is going to be clearly worse for performance than SLC or MLC NAND, the iPhone 6s’ use SLC caching in conjunction with TLC NAND to improve storage performance in the situations that matter. The second is the use of PCI-Express to enable much higher bandwidths, which means that the SLC cache can really stretch its legs to reach the high levels of bandwidth that it’s capable of. The third is the use of a custom storage controller with NVM Express, which helps to realize the full benefits of PCI-Express.

1 Like

Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 1:37pm On Dec 10, 2015
Ellimist:

If you wish, we could compare notes and I'd tell you why not. If you really wanna compare from both ecosystems, you should pair the Note 5 vs iPhone 6s +

Unlike in the last few years where the Note series used more powerful hardware than the S series, The Note 5 uses the exact same SoC as the S6 and S6 Edge. Performance wise, the S6 and the Note 5 are very similar, as a result.
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by mosjames: 2:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
datigbogirl:

what special function has boom player got?
Watching Tecno own the stage audition live performance
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 10, 2015
texazzpete:

Unlike in the last few years where the Note series used more powerful hardware than the S series, The Note 5 uses the exact same SoC as the S6 and S6 Edge. Performance wise, the S6 and the Note 5 are very similar, as a result.

I know. I was including the functionality of the S pen as opposed to Force Touch i know you'd bring up. BTW the fact that one random tech blogger named anandtech thinks the A9 SoC is better doesn't mean it necessarily is. It might be better in single core performances but never in dual/octa-core ratings. Besides, we all know the iphones aren't true multi-taskers hence their low RAM. Open 20 apps on each of the phones and you'd testify.

1 Like

Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 2:23pm On Dec 10, 2015
Ellimist:

I know. I was including the functionality of the S pen as opposed to Force Touch i know you'd bring up. BTW the fact that one random tech blogger named anandtech thinks the A9 SoC is better doesn't mean it necessarily is. It might be better in single core performances but never in dual/octa-core ratings. Besides, we all know the iphones aren't true multi-taskers hence their low RAM. Open 20 apps on each of the phones and you'd testify.

You actually called Anandtech a 'random tech blogger'? grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thanks for confirming you know nothing about tech.

Single, multi core, whatever, the 6s provides way better CPU performance than any SoC in its class, and its GPU is unmatched.

Ellimist:

Besides, we all know the iphones aren't true multi-taskers hence their low RAM. Open 20 apps on each of the phones and you'd testify.

You sure do enjoy moving goalposts, don't you?

FYI, I use a 6S and a Galaxy Note 4. Been using Android from the start with the G1, and iOS from the start with the first gen iPhone. So you're preaching to the gallery here.

1 Like

Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by xtervaganza(m): 2:32pm On Dec 10, 2015
chocolateme:
No.6 just happened to me yesterday, I am still in shock.
lol pele

1 Like

Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by titosantana(m): 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2015
grin Nice one OP,
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 10, 2015
texazzpete:

This again?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9686/the-apple-iphone-6s-and-iphone-6s-plus-review/15

SoC

GPU and gaming

Storage Speed

You listed three things but concluded it murders s6 edge in everything. Does everything in a phone comprises of just three things ?
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by zzzzy: 3:18pm On Dec 10, 2015
texazzpete:

professional reviewers have proved that the s6 edge is better through different tests.. You didn't even say a bit powerful, you said way more powerful, is it 3d touch that will make it better
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by 2plus2: 3:46pm On Dec 10, 2015
For those interested in iphone4. A clean one is available.

call 08032375485

Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by swagifted(m): 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2015
ollah1:

How do u mean it's unNigerian? I don't think iPhone 6 is costlier than s6 edge. Btw, the latter smokes it and goes head to head and toe to toe with its elder brothers.
we can't generally afford the internet necessary to "maintain and keep nd iphone up to date"...d accessories are neck breaking in pricing...the cost of after market hardware and software tweaks and customisation is also over the notch....in relation to its competitors ..(Blackberry, android and windows)...
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 5:19pm On Dec 10, 2015
ollah1:

You listed three things but concluded it murders s6 edge in everything. Does everything in a phone comprises of just three things ?

CPU is more powerful. GPU is more powerful. Storage is faster.

Abeg what else do you need to compare as a measurement of 'power'?

I still wonder why some of you get so goddamn defensive when it comes to stuff like this.
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by callmelanner(m): 5:34pm On Dec 10, 2015
mosjames:
As my money no reach to buy iphone, I go buy phantom5
Moreover I like boom player, which won't work on iphone
Is the boom player on the phantom 5 quite different from the one on the tecno j7 & j5 boom? Because I don't understand what d hype is all about
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by Astutechris(m): 5:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
Very funny @OP.
All this argument here aren't necessary, it depends on what you need the phone...unless ur are one of those that buy phone just for show off ...just like that guy in number 2 wink

www.infinixauthority.com
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by mosjames: 6:24pm On Dec 10, 2015
callmelanner:

Is the boom player on the phantom 5 quite different from the one on the tecno j7 & j5 boom? Because I don't understand what d hype is all about
Do you have it on your phone?
The answer is No
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 10, 2015
texazzpete:

CPU is more powerful. GPU is more powerful. Storage is faster.

Abeg what else do you need to compare as a measurement of 'power'?

I still wonder why some of you get so goddamn defensive when it comes to stuff like this.

You are pretty funny tho. From the link u posted, it only talked about iPhone 6 series and rated A9 the best SoC. Yes no doubt, its the best SoC currently and usually any best phone SoC lasts only for 6 months. Apple's design of their SoCs is way different from Androids. iOS need single cores to do its magic while Android need multi cores.

I don't know where you read the storage been faster. In your first comment, you talked about iPhone 6s been way better that S6 edge but you are yet to prove anything regarding that.
There are so many factors to consider when phones go head to head. Lets pretend the above three things is right and iPhone 6s got it, what about other features that makes up a phone?

3 Likes

Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 10, 2015
swagifted:
we can't generally afford the internet necessary to "maintain and keep nd iphone up to date"...d accessories are neck breaking in pricing...the cost of after market hardware and software tweaks and customisation is also over the notch....in relation to its competitors ..(Blackberry, android and windows)...

You statement is laughable. Is internet access on iPhone different from Android and other smartphones bar BBOS phones?
What accessories are u talking about? Don't your brand new phones come with them? And if you want to pick up another in the market, is original iPhone earpiece costlier than Original Samsung's of the same level? is iPhone built to be tweaked and customized? You aren't just making any point
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 10, 2015
callmelanner:

Its different to the marketers of Phantom 5 on Nairaland. There are loads of them here
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by jocybarbz(f): 7:13pm On Dec 10, 2015
lol..end time iphone grin
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by xtervaganza(m): 7:41pm On Dec 10, 2015
Wow first time my topic is on front page cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thanks to whoever pushed it there
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by zzzzy: 8:11pm On Dec 10, 2015
@texazzpete you should watch this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB_g8OYCPQE it's from CNET, that is what i call comparism
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by threadstone(m): 11:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
Alalalalala

I for like to jump in but ollah1 no call me.

Page one made mad sense till the droid wars began

Team IOS 9.0.2 4.7' JB
Re: 17 Things That Are Too Real For Iphone Users In Nigeria by callmelanner(m): 11:45pm On Dec 10, 2015
mosjames:

Do you have it on your phone?
The answer is No
Am using a tecno j7 boom so....? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Use Special Writing Style And Fonts On Whatsapp / Panic Over SIM Card Re-registration Deadline (photos) / Photo Of World's First 5G Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.