Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,504 members, 7,812,554 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Wanna Resurrect My Old Volvo 760 Car For Businees,,where Can I Get The Engines? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Wanna Resurrect My Old Volvo 760 Car For Businees,,where Can I Get The Engines? (991 Views)

Would You Buy This 2018 Toyota Century Car For N55 Million? / Will You Buy This Old Talbot BI 105 Airline Saloon Car For 14.3 Million Naira? / Volvo Unveils Autonomous Garbage Truck (kolekole) - Photo & Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wanna Resurrect My Old Volvo 760 Car For Businees,,where Can I Get The Engines? by Onuohasworld(m): 2:32am On Dec 10, 2015
O ye car people...have dis valve parked in the garage ..since no work is forth coming...I wanna fix the car and turn it to a money spinning venture...where can I get the car engine?gera box etc?
Re: Wanna Resurrect My Old Volvo 760 Car For Businees,,where Can I Get The Engines? by obiak4(m): 5:46am On Dec 10, 2015
Mushin ladipo lagos
berger kirikiri lagos
onisha bypass
aba market aba
apo village abuja
your choice bro all the best and pls go with a very good mechanic if not you will have experience lolz
my 20 cowries contribution
blessed be
Re: Wanna Resurrect My Old Volvo 760 Car For Businees,,where Can I Get The Engines? by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 10, 2015
Onuohasworld:
O ye car people...have dis valve parked in the garage ..since no work is forth coming...I wanna fix the car and turn it to a money spinning venture...where can I get the car engine?gera box etc?

First of all, some basic details would help.

What year is your Volvo 760?
What engine size?
What transmission (auto or manual)?

Lastly...what's wrong with the current engine and transmission? I doubt both died at the same time (assuming they ARE dead).
Re: Wanna Resurrect My Old Volvo 760 Car For Businees,,where Can I Get The Engines? by Onuohasworld(m): 11:54am On Dec 10, 2015
Siena:

First of all, some basic details would help.

What year is your Volvo 760?
What engine size?
What transmission (auto or manual)?

Lastly...what's wrong with the current engine and transmission? I doubt both died at the same time (assuming they ARE dead).
?.was last used in 2010...na automatic transmission .the transmission fliud was leaking making the steering lock when driving..uses 6 plugs and cadburator can't remember the size.I'm in south west while the car is in the east...na 1990 model.?back then I dey sleep for mechanic shop grin grin..wanna have peace of mind ,,i don't trust that engine..I knw Wetin I pass through wit that car..
Used
Re: Wanna Resurrect My Old Volvo 760 Car For Businees,,where Can I Get The Engines? by Onuohasworld(m): 11:55am On Dec 10, 2015
obiak4:
Mushin ladipo lagos
berger kirikiri lagos
onisha bypass
aba market aba
apo village abuja
your choice bro all the best and pls go with a very good mechanic if not you will have experience lolz
my 20 cowries contribution
blessed be
Thnaks boss
Re: Wanna Resurrect My Old Volvo 760 Car For Businees,,where Can I Get The Engines? by Ikenna351(m): 11:11am On Dec 12, 2015
Onuohasworld:
?.was last used in 2010...na automatic transmission .the transmission fliud was leaking making the steering lock when driving..uses 6 plugs and cadburator can't remember the size.I'm in south west while the car is in the east...na 1990 model.?back then I dey sleep for mechanic shop grin grin..wanna have peace of mind ,,i don't trust that engine..I knw Wetin I pass through wit that car..
Used

Sounds like a B280 engine.

You have to be pretty sure it's 1990 model, because Volvo 760 with V6 engines had different similar V6 engines, The PRV engines.

However, Volvo 760 1990 V6 engine didn't have carburetor on it. It was a fuel injection engine. From 1986, it had PRV V6 engine that used Bosch LH2-2 Jetronic system to manage the engine (same system in Peugeot 505 V6). If the production is from 1986, then it has to be even fire PRV engine. And they came in ZF 4HP22 4-speed Automatic transmissions. It appeared none was sold in manual transmission, unlike the Peugeot 505 V6 that had option of manual transmission. Few people interested converted their Volvo 760 V6 to manual from Peugeot 505 V6 manual gearbox and the components.

So, if its even-fire PRV engine, then someone converted and mounted carburetor on the intake manifold. And doing that will affect the proper running of the engine and obviously the Bosch LH2-2 has been disconnected, partially, maybe.

You need to be sure of all these before buying another engine, if truly engine is faulty or the abuse of the Injection and ignition system is the cause.

Ikenna, The Lion King

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Argument: Effect Of Car Fans Running Constantly / The 10 Most Expensive Cars In The World / Germany Launches A Engine Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.