Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation (1783 Views)

EFCC Seals Mansions, Plazas Acquired From Stolen Loot From Katsina State -photos / Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me / Dasuki Got Jonathan's Approvals To Collect $2.1bn From NNPC In 9 Months-TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by shaddoww: 4:05am On Dec 10, 2015
Former Minister of Finance Ngozi Okonjo-
Iweala yesterday confirmed that she approved
the transfer of $322 million Abacha loot to
former National Security Adviser (NSA)
Sambo Dasuki to prosecute the fight against
Boko Haram. But she said it was a loan.
Dr. Okonjo-Iweala has been under attack,
mainly from Edo State Governor Adams
Oshiomhole for allowing expenditure without
authorisation.
Through her media adviser, Paul Nwabuikwu,
in a statement last night, the former minister
said: “Some new Abacha funds of about $322
million were returned with another $700m still
expected to be returned. Former President
(Goodluck) Jonathan set up a Committee
comprising the former Minister of Justice,
former NSA and the former Minister of
Finance to determine how best to use both
the returned and expected funds for
development.”
Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala said at the meeting, “the
NSA made a case for using the returned
funds for urgent security operations since, he
noted, there cannot be any development
without peace and security. Based on this, a
decision was taken to deploy about $322m for
the military operations, while the expected
$700m would be applied for development
programmes as originally conceived.”
Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala stated that based on the
urgency of the NSA’s memo, she requested
former President Goodluck Jonathan “to
approve the transfer of the requested amount
to the NSA’s Office for the specified
purposes.”
Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala, referring to the meeting’s
memo, said she “insisted on three conditions:
a. only a part, not the entire Abacha funds,
would be spent on the arms; the rest would
be invested in developmental projects as
originally conceived b. the money was to be
treated as borrowed funds which would be
paid back as soon as possible and c. the
NSA’s office was to account for the spending
to the President who was the Commander-in-
Chief, given the fact that the Minister of
Finance is not part of the security
architecture and does not participate in the
Security Council.
“Throughout 2014, there were public
complaints by the military hierarchy to
President Goodluck Jonathan about the
inadequacy of funds to fight the anti-terror
war in the North East, resulting in Boko
Haram making gains and even taking
territories. A lot of the criticism was directed
at the Federal Ministry of Finance under Dr
Okonjo-Iweala which was accused of not
doing enough to find funds for the
operations.”

thenationonlineng.net/okonjo-iweala-dasuki-got-322m-abacha-loot-from-me/
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by oluwaisaac(m): 4:09am On Dec 10, 2015
Hmmm...
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by madridguy(m): 4:19am On Dec 10, 2015
Sambo Dasuki must pay for his sins heavily.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by edo3(m): 4:23am On Dec 10, 2015
Na wa o.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by ikaboy: 4:25am On Dec 10, 2015
This thread is likely to make it.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by Gbengais(m): 4:26am On Dec 10, 2015
Little by little she don dey talk true. Very soon! Very very soon foul yansh go open..

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by Opinedecandid(m): 4:30am On Dec 10, 2015
Funny Newspaper and its funny headline.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by MKO4ever(m): 4:35am On Dec 10, 2015
Did anybody read this part of the story?
"Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala, referring to the meeting’s
memo, said she “insisted on three conditions:
a. only a part, not the entire Abacha funds,
would be spent on the arms; the rest would
be invested in developmental projects as
originally conceived b. the money was to be
treated as borrowed funds which would be
paid back as soon as possible
and c........"

Who is borrowing who money? government borrowing the same government
And to be paid back as soon as possible.....
As soon as possible=X=any time=no time

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by Favparis(f): 4:35am On Dec 10, 2015
more SECRETES unfolding.......

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by oduastates: 4:38am On Dec 10, 2015
When you turn a world bank clerk into prime minister and hand over your entire economy, you get Iweala all the time.
$500 Billion vaporised just like that.

Not one thing to show for the money apart from private jets and an elite criminal class who have developed a taste for expensive champagne.Her budgets contained proposals for train ticket in country without a meter of rail line and ministries had billion naira proposals for training, foreign travel and she presented it.
No verification nothing.
Year after year the same item on the same page.
I will just say that," the types who sold their people to slavery are still very much around."

Waiver fraud right under her ministry.
though the minister didn't state how much revenue was lost to the activities, a top official of the Revenue Mobilisation and Fiscal Allocation Commission (RMFAC) told THISDAY that Nigeria may have lost over $20 billion between 2010 and 2014. Excerpts from Jonathan's lapdog newspaper.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/okonjo-iweala-huge-revenue-lost-to-fraudulent-waivers/208949/

You can imagine how bad it was if Fashola needs only $1 billion every year to add 2000MW to the grid.
WICKEDNESS

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by double0seven(m): 4:40am On Dec 10, 2015
Hmmmn, Jonathan
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by Nobody: 4:44am On Dec 10, 2015
It seems this Dasuki badly sabotaged the last administration for God knows why.

Maybe he knows more about boko haram, just maybeundecided

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by Nobody: 4:44am On Dec 10, 2015
and she's just deeming it fit to tell the world now?
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by Nobody: 4:45am On Dec 10, 2015
Very dubious headline!!! This is at par with what the press release from NOI really said.The Nations newspapers should stop making a fool of the journalism profession!!

OKONJO-IWEALA DESCRIBES AS BASELESS ALLEGATIONS OF “ILLEGAL DIVERSION”
OF ABACHA FUNDS

SAYS THIS LEVEL OF PERSECUTION AND HARASSMENT UNPRECEDENTED, SIGNALS DANGER OF FIGHTING CORRUPTION IN OFFICE

As part of the campaign of falsehood against former Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Edo Governor, Adams Oshiomhole and other powerful and corrupt interests, another baseless story has been published by some online media. To achieve their evil propaganda objective of tarnishing her name, these evil elements have distorted the contents of a memo dated January 20, 2015 in which the former Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala responded to a request by the former National Security Adviser, Col Ibrahim Dasuki (retired) for funds to prosecute the terror war against Boko Haram.

Here are the facts:

• The central responsibility of the Minister of Finance IS to find sources of funding for the financing of approved national priorities such as security, job creation and infrastructure.

• It will be recalled that throughout 2014, there were public complaints by the military hierarchy to President Goodluck Jonathan about the inadequacy of funds to fight the anti-terror war in the North East, resulting in Boko Haram making gains and even taking territories. A lot of the criticism was directed at the Federal Ministry of Finance under Dr Okonjo-Iweala which was accused of not doing enough to find funds for the operations.

• In fact, the Ministry, on several occasions, had to call press conferences to provide details of budgetary spending on the military, to show, against the background of limited resources and other urgent national priorities, that it was doing its best on funding security.

• It was about this time that some new Abacha funds of about $322m were returned with another $700m still expected to be returned. (This is not to be confused with the Abacha funds returned in 2005-2006 under the Obasanjo government whose use for developmental purposes was monitored by the World Bank as earlier explained by Dr Okonjo-Iweala).

• Former President Jonathan set up a Committee comprising of the former Minister of Justice, former NSA and the former Minister of Finance to determine how best to use both the returned and expected funds for development.

• The NSA made a case for using the returned funds for urgent security operations since, he noted, there cannot be any development without peace and security. Based on this, a decision was taken to deploy about $322m for the military operations, while the expected $700m would be applied for development programmes as originally conceived.

• Following the discussions and based on the urgency of the NSA’s memo, Dr Okonjo-Iweala requested the President to approve the transfer of the requested amount to the NSA’s Office for the specified purposes.

• But, as captured in the memo, she insisted on three conditions:

a. only a part, not the entire Abacha funds would be spent on the arms; the rest would be invested in developmental projects as originally conceived

b. the money was to be treated as borrowed funds which would be paid back as soon as possible

c. the NSA’s office was to account for the spending to the President who was the Commander in Chief, given the fact that the Minister of Finance is not part of the security architecture and does not participate in the Security Council.

• The attempt to link the former Minister’s name to any misuse of these funds for any purpose other than security as far as she understood it is totally false and cannot stand.

Paul C Nwabuikwu
Media Adviser to Dr Okonjo-Iweala

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by coldsummer: 4:46am On Dec 10, 2015
[size=18pt]^^^^
What's the difference in what you posted and what the headline is saying?

This woman has a lot to explain common citizen like me. There's no way she wouldn't know about the spending going on. Sanusi too would know very well. That her swollen body and face is full of secrets and corruption
[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by Nobody: 4:48am On Dec 10, 2015
@ pa chuwudi i personally nominate you as the chief defense minister of the wailers committee grin

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by PRYCE(m): 4:56am On Dec 10, 2015
It's mind boggling how people don't even know the difference between approving and laundering! SMH!

So I give my son His school fees, he squanders it and ut becomes my fault?

Dasuki was given those funds to pursue legitimate causes and lest y'all forget, those funds don't need to be appropriated by the NASS cos they aren't part of any budgeted spending!

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by dotG(m): 5:00am On Dec 10, 2015
that's why I don't read the nation newspaper.....their headlines can make you hang for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by Franklyly: 5:07am On Dec 10, 2015
Darkness everywhere
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by DIVINE78: 5:16am On Dec 10, 2015
Franklyly:
Darkness everywhere
O ga ju.
The office of the NSA was turned to an ATM.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by arsetalks(m): 5:20am On Dec 10, 2015
There is no how on earth NOI won't end up been indicted in all these. She can continue to pretend for now, it is only a matter of time before she is indicted.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by Nobody: 5:22am On Dec 10, 2015
coldsummer:
[size=18pt]^^^^
What's the difference in what you posted and what the headline is saying?

This woman has a lot to explain common citizen like me. There's no way she wouldn't know about the spending going on. Sanusi too would know very well. That her swollen body and face is full of secrets and corruption
[/size]
The Nation's newspapers claims the NSA got the money from NOI whearas the money was secured from the Abacha loot!! The Nation's newspapers also made it look like a fraudulent transactions whearas there is nothing on ground to prove that. Furthermore so many vital part of the press release were left out by the newspaper

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by Nobody: 5:23am On Dec 10, 2015
arsetalks:
There is no how on earth NOI won't end up been indicted in all these. She can continue to pretend for now, it is only a matter of time before she is indicted.
Continue hoping to indict her till 2019 is over. The woman was just ready for life outside power!! She's just too good with her facts and figures

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by handie(m): 5:27am On Dec 10, 2015
The NSA’s office was to account for the
spending to the President who was the
Commander in Chief,
given the fact that the
Minister of Finance is not part of the security
architecture and does not participate in the
Security Council.
. This is where NOI made a mistake. How can she leave such responsibility for Jonathan knowing how inept and daft he is? Jonathan be like a typical Nigerian who doesn't read terms and conditions before signing up for anything. Present any document to him and d next thing he does is sign. Tell him anything whether it's true or false. He'll believe you.
chukwudi44:

No matter how dumb GEJ is he can never be dumber than Buhari who had F9 in economics and mathematics
Mr. man, I don't see why u should make an attempt to insult the president of MY country. GEJ is an ex president of MY country and I can speak of him anyway I like. Why not go to a Biafran thread and talk about your country's president who'll be spending Xmas holed up in a prison?
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by oduastates: 5:30am On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Continue hoping to indict her till 2019 is over. The woman was just ready for life outside power!! She's just too good with her facts and figures

Your subjective fact and figures.
The fact on the ground is that she ran the country aground.

The objective facts.

Jonathan took over in 2010 and the trend was basically downwill in spite of record oil prices.
January 2012 - the height of their stealing. Oil selling at over $100 a barrel.you can relate it to the chart.

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by smsshola(m): 5:32am On Dec 10, 2015
Hmmmm...one person for naija stole this much. Abacha...how will there be development?
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by newbornmacho(m): 5:36am On Dec 10, 2015
[code][/code]you have a brain that works
PRYCE:
It's mind boggling how people don't even know the difference between approving and laundering! SMH!

So I give my son His school fees, he squanders it and ut becomes my fault?

Dasuki was given those funds to pursue legitimate causes and lest y'all forget, those funds don't need to be appropriated by the NASS cos they aren't part of any budgeted spending!
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by handie(m): 5:37am On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bros, which one u dey sef? Today, you'll shout Biafra or death. U'll also scream that you don't wanna have anything to do with the zoo again. Tomorrow, you'll be commenting on a Nigerian thread. Go ur Biafra biko

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by adioolayi(m): 5:50am On Dec 10, 2015
My question is ...was her move to spend Abacha's loot Constitutional Yes...a committee was set up and all...but was it not necessary to involve the legislative arm of government If this move is found to be unconstitutional.... Madam will face prosecution!
Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by Nobody: 5:53am On Dec 10, 2015
oduastates:

Your subjective fact and figures.
The fact on the ground is that she ran the country aground.

The objective facts.

Jonathan took over in 2010 and the trend was basically downwill in spite of record oil prices.
January 2012 - the height of their stealing. Oil selling at over $100 a barrel.you can relate it to the chart.
So you pick up a chart from anywhere and expect me to work with that? Why not draw up a 2015 chart let's compare the first half of the year with the later

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by Nobody: 5:54am On Dec 10, 2015
handie:
. This is where NOI made a mistake. How can she leave such responsibility for Jonathan knowing how inept and daft he is? Jonathan be like a typical Nigerian who doesn't read terms and conditions before signing up for anything. Present any document to him and d next thing he does is sign. Tell him anything whether it's true or false. He'll believe you
No matter how dumb GEJ is he can never be dumber than Buhari who had F9 in economics and mathematics

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: Dasuki Got $322m Abacha Loot From Me - The Nation by veraponpo(m): 5:55am On Dec 10, 2015
I thought she denied when Oshobaba attacked her?

All of them a crooks.

(1) (2)

El-rufai Kaduna State Governor Ask Buhari To Stop Giving Excuses And Work / Official !! Fuel To Sell At 130 / Litre From Today!! / Military Coups Witnessed In Nigeria History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.