Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

10 Good Things To Remember Gaddafi For - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Good Things To Remember Gaddafi For - Buhari (2152 Views)

Policemen Abort Rally To Remember Murder Of Shiites By Soldiers In Zaria(Pics) / 10 Incredible Muammar Gaddafi Facts You Won’t Believe Are Real. / PDP Prays For Buhari’s Quick Recovery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Good Things To Remember Gaddafi For - Buhari by Freegift75: 6:38am On Dec 10, 2015
www.howafrica.com/top-10-good-things-about-gaddafi-they-dont-want-you-to-know/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

Written By - Col Mahama O. Burharr Dec 8, 2015

What do you think of when you hear the name Colonel Gaddafi? Tyrant? Dictator? Terrorist? Well, a national citizen of Libya may disagree but we want you to decide.

For 41 years until his demise in October 2011, Muammar Gaddafi did some truly amazing things for his country and repeatedly tried to unite and empower the whole of Africa.

So despite what you’ve heard on the radio, seen in the media or on the TV, Gaddafi did some powerful things that are not characteristic of a “vicious dictator” as portrayed by the western media.

Here are ten things Gaddafi did for Libya that you may not know about…

1. In Libya a home is considered a natural human
right

In Gaddafi’s Green Book it states: ”The house is a basic
need of both the individual and the family, therefore it should not be owned by others”. Gaddafi’s Green Book is the formal leader’s political philosophy, it was first published in 1975 and was intended reading for all Libyans even being included in the national
curriculum.

2. Education and medical treatment were all free

Under Gaddafi, Libya could boast one of the best healthcare services in the Middle East and Africa. Also if a Libyan citizen could not access the desired
educational course or correct medical treatment in
Libya they were funded to go abroad.

3. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project

The largest irrigation system in the world also known
as the great manmade river was designed to make water readily available to all Libyan’s across the entire country. It was funded by the Gaddafi government and it said that Gaddafi himself called it ”the eighth wonder of the world”.

4. It was free to start a farming business

If any Libyan wanted to start a farm they were given a
house, farm land and live stock and seeds all free of
charge.

5. A bursary was given to mothers with newborn babies

When a Libyan woman gave birth she was given 5000
(US dollars) for herself and the child.

6. Electricity was free

Electricity was free in Libya meaning absolutely no
electric bills!

7. Cheap petrol

During Gaddafi’s reign the price of petrol in Libya was
as low as 0.14 (US dollars) per litre.

8. Gaddafi raised the level of education

Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans were literate. This figure was brought up to 87% with 25% earning
university degrees.

9. Libya had It’s own state bank

Libya had its own State bank, which provided loans to
citizens at zero percent interest by law and they had
no external debt.

10. The West Planned it all

There is a clear growing conspiracy theory and belief
that America planned all these, now Africans are
starting to believe this.

Hope President Buhari will also be remembered for great achievements in years to come!

Re: 10 Good Things To Remember Gaddafi For - Buhari by amiskurie(m): 6:44am On Dec 10, 2015
Blame brainwashed people controlled by America,through media and internet propaganda,and Christians with so much hatred in them that don't see beyond religion

1 Like

Re: 10 Good Things To Remember Gaddafi For - Buhari by naijaGhandi: 6:47am On Dec 10, 2015
It sounds good but nigerians and libyans don't enjoy the same level of freedom. He should have given his people freedom because there's no substitute for freedom. Ask janet Jackson about being wealthy but denied freedom, I am sure she will write a book as a reply to you.
Re: 10 Good Things To Remember Gaddafi For - Buhari by madridguy(m): 6:49am On Dec 10, 2015
Rip
Re: 10 Good Things To Remember Gaddafi For - Buhari by aflame100(m): 6:50am On Dec 10, 2015
God to know he was "a good man'' but, let me know how this your write-up has change the Terrorist, Dictator, and authoritarian that he was.
Re: 10 Good Things To Remember Gaddafi For - Buhari by deathmen12: 6:54am On Dec 10, 2015
wen i was a child someone once told me that one bad seed can spoil d whole of good seed dat is been plentd, bt i didnt undstd until i start undstding sometins abt life... he was a great leader bt his greed 4 power dstroy him

1 Like

Re: 10 Good Things To Remember Gaddafi For - Buhari by jojomario(m): 7:03am On Dec 10, 2015
His greed for power was so much, agreed. But this man made every citizen to be comfortable. In this case, i think he so much believed in himself so much that he trusted no other man to rule and sees the rest as corrupt ones. On fairness, ever since he has been booted out, Libya has never remain the same.
Re: 10 Good Things To Remember Gaddafi For - Buhari by thundafire: 7:06am On Dec 10, 2015
it was tym 4 change dy pple of libya only wanted democracy nd no more dictatorship dts y dy protested but blinded with power nd greed he refused cs dy pple loved him 4 wat he did 4 dem
Re: 10 Good Things To Remember Gaddafi For - Buhari by karokit(m): 7:44am On Dec 10, 2015
I will prefer to live in a Libya where I know dat my freedom is exchanged for comfort, good road education health care electricity and all d things Nigerians dream of than to live in Nigeria were you are giving freedom yet u re not free, were politicians oppress d masses, stealing public for and making d citizens to suffer, were justice can't be served to d poor, d common man suffer daily, I will live in Libya not a Nigeria datz full of lies and back biting.
Re: 10 Good Things To Remember Gaddafi For - Buhari by captainflash(m): 7:56am On Dec 10, 2015
karokit:
I will prefer to live in a Libya where I know dat my freedom is exchanged for comfort, good road education health care electricity and all d things Nigerians dream of than to live in Nigeria were you are giving freedom yet u re not free, were politicians oppress d masses, stealing public for and making d citizens to suffer, were justice can't be served to d poor, d common man suffer daily, I will live in Libya not a Nigeria datz full of lies and back biting.
ThEn WhaT aRe YoU WaiTinG FoR? JuSt GeT tHe F.Uck OutTa ThIs PlAce, If YoU DoN't WanNa LiVe In NigERia AgAin, TheN Its CeRTaiN We DoN'T NeEd PeOpLe LiKe You.

Sh11T!!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Good Things To Remember Gaddafi For - Buhari by captainflash(m): 7:58am On Dec 10, 2015
Cc
MyNd44 IsHiLoVe
Fp ThInGz PlzzZ
Re: 10 Good Things To Remember Gaddafi For - Buhari by Freegift75: 11:07am On Dec 10, 2015
FP, Seun and Co
Do the needful

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Will Crush Tompolo And SE Uprising / Buhari's Comment On Fuel Scarcity During Jonathan's Tenure, Ben Bruce Reacts / PHOTOS: Fulami herdsmen kill 20 people in Taraba State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.