Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Local Government System In Nigeria; A conduit pipe for economic wastages - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Local Government System In Nigeria; A conduit pipe for economic wastages (643 Views)

Buhari Economic Policies,a Conduit For Corruption -new York Times / Jonathan's Centenary City Conduit Pipe For Corruption – PDP / Accept Democracy As Lifestyle, Not Government System, Buhari Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Local Government System In Nigeria; A conduit pipe for economic wastages by scofieldsimba(m): 10:38am On Dec 10, 2015
The local government is the third tier of government saddled with responsibilities of entrenching the dividends of democracy to various communities,wards and towns..

Some are usually elected by the people while some are appointed by the Governor of the state in consultation with some stakeholders.

The idea of sustaining developments at the local level using our various local government chairmen as a vehicle was indeed a well thought out approach by our founding fathers.

So many years down the line, I am forced to ask if our various LGA chairman have lived up to expectation?

Your guess is as good as mine.

The high level of corruption in most LGAs in Nigeria is mindblowing. Most LGA chairmen are just figure heads planted by various godfathers and at the end of the month pay royalties to these unscrupulous elemenst masquerading themselves as stakeholders to the detriment of developmental projects in their various councils.

My view is very simple;

We need to begin to ask questions..

The social media should also beam their searchlights on the activities of various LGA chairmen and their evil cohorts..

EFCC should also look into their various activities and prosecute those found to have shortchanged our commond good.

This change must go round..

Nairalanders, let me see your views..
Re: Local Government System In Nigeria; A conduit pipe for economic wastages by Pavore9: 10:41am On Dec 10, 2015
It is a conduit pipe! angry
Re: Local Government System In Nigeria; A conduit pipe for economic wastages by tamonokare: 10:47am On Dec 10, 2015
it's bad that we don't care about LGAs , what we care about the center.

1 Like

Re: Local Government System In Nigeria; A conduit pipe for economic wastages by gabng(m): 2:17pm On Dec 10, 2015
when they are ready to increase IGR they should contact me. 09053550621.
Re: Local Government System In Nigeria; A conduit pipe for economic wastages by gsport: 2:25pm On Dec 10, 2015
Pmb is clear about what he want to do with local,government,remove local govt,state joint account scrap state electoral commission Infect grant local government autonomy.
Re: Local Government System In Nigeria; A conduit pipe for economic wastages by gsport: 2:31pm On Dec 10, 2015
The local government only exist in paper and money sharing at fac,but in reality it crease to exist because,of state,lga joint account.another name for lga is corruption
Re: Local Government System In Nigeria; A conduit pipe for economic wastages by scofieldsimba(m): 9:51am On Feb 04, 2016
Lalastilala,mynd44, show some love..

(1) (Reply)

The Encounter: Ojukwu And Emmanuel Ifeajuana / Dasuki Begin Negotiation With Fc Over Arms Deal Scandal / Buhari Sacks NDDC Board.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.