Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,054 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims (1230 Views)

Tunde Sabiu Yusuf & Sarki Abba Have Access To Incommunicado Buhari - Sahara R. / Sabiu Yusuf Who Lives At The Glass House, Buhari's PA / S.S Yusuf Is Dead. Ex-Ambassador Assassinated By Unknown Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by sixtuschimere: 11:08am On Dec 10, 2015
Yusuf Hassan, a young Nigerian under 30 years of age, has launched Tutlub, a social network app to connect Muslims around the world. The app is available on android mobile and is designed to provide a platform for Muslims to connect with other Muslims to supplicate, communicate and learn together online as a Family.

According to Hassan, there are two perspectives to Muslim social groups. The first is the Muslim social group where Muslims meet up with friends and families who share the same belief with one another. With this set of people it’s the religion affiliation that forms the basis of their social interactions. ‘The other one is the mixed social group where Muslims sometimes mingle with people of different backgrounds including classmates, colleagues at work, business partners and extended families who might share or might not share the same religious belief as we do. The way, manner and extent of religious discussions with these two sets of social groups will be different. Tutlub represents the first Muslim social group, where a Facebook may exemplify the second mixed social group’, Hassan described.

Hassan expresses that his aim for creating the Tutlub app is to facilitate and encourage Muslims to engage more with Islamic contents such as supplications, Dua’s and ‘Islamic Meme’. He believes that Tutlub will limit Muslims’ exposure to immoral contents on online social networks, and the app will serve as an alternative to other social networks for Muslims, especially in the western countries, who might worry that posting too many Islamic contents on their current social networking sites such as Facebook, might make them seems to be too religious or even worst “a fundamentalist”.

According to Yusuf, ‘employers nowadays check potential employees’ Facebook page and a Muslim candidate with a page full of Islamic contents might be misconstrued. Connecting with Muslims around the world is now easier and faster than ever with Tutlub. Muslims can now post a supplication and Prayer and Muslims around the world will be able to say ‘Amin’ to the supplication by clicking Amin Button. They will also be able to have a meaningful conversation with other Muslims through the Instant Chat/Inbox and post images of what is going on in their Muslim Social Life and see post from other Muslims. Tutlub also provides access to Muslim lifestyle blogs, world news from a Muslim perspective and also Tafsir, Quran, Hadith and Islamic lectures. Muslims can comment and discuss the blogs, articles and Tafsir and socialize following these discussions. And they can also create and update their profile page.’

‘In relation to international terrorism recruitment and security issues, Tutlub is only available in Nigeria for now and the version of the app to be released in other countries will not have the Inbox/private message features. It has been reported that it is through these private instant message features, as with the likes of Twitter and Facebook, that terrorists recruit members’, Hassan indicated.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 10, 2015
Good! grin
Re: Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 10, 2015
so he had to use an arab mans pic instead of that of an african. anyways this should be monitored very carefully before it turns to a means of recruiting terrorist.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by richidinho(m): 11:30am On Dec 10, 2015
BOKO HARAM online recruitment site

mttcheeew

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by dammy336(f): 11:33am On Dec 10, 2015
I tot they we fighting westernisation, explain to me how in building dis app he didnt make use of western kwledge? Dis app shd be monitored so dat it doesnt bcome a recruitment plattform for boko harm and d likes
Re: Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by zomoears(m): 11:38am On Dec 10, 2015
Watching this site keenly...

Good intentions. Hope it is not hijacked by those who believe that non-Muslims don't deserve to breath God's free air...
Re: Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 10, 2015
richidinho:
mttcheeew
You are an Id*iot. Go kill yourself old foool. angry
Re: Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 10, 2015
richidinho:
mttcheeew
You are an Id*iot. Go kill yourself old foool. angry
Re: Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by Emekamex(m): 11:44am On Dec 10, 2015
It is of good intention but I fear a hijack from ISIS and Boko Haram elements.
Re: Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by patrick89(m): 12:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
Useless project, instead of you to go and get enlisted into isis or bokoharam! Muslim is really not doing the right to savage their religion, but when one points it out they will be all over the person, yet they do worst! I'm saying that your project will be a waste, after all you are black!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by meezynetwork(m): 12:15pm On Dec 10, 2015
A new breeding ground for.......... Well since it's from an African Muslim, it won't be embraced by Arab Muslims or Asian muslims
Re: Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by flozybk(f): 12:33pm On Dec 10, 2015
will I say good for them sad
Re: Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by abduljabbar4(m): 12:40pm On Dec 10, 2015
patrick89:
Useless project, instead of you to go and get enlisted into isis or bokoharam! Muslim is really not doing the right to savage their religion, but when one points it out they will be all over the person, yet they do worst! I'm saying that your project will be a waste, after all you are black!!

What is this bastard saying? Useless piece of sh!t. Fvck off
dammy336:
I tot they we fighting westernisation, explain to me how in building dis app he didnt make use of western kwledge? Dis app shd be monitored so dat it doesnt bcome a recruitment plattform for boko harm and d likes
B!tch, is he a boko haram member? Foolish, useless girl
richidinho:
mttcheeew
k
Re: Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by sixtuschimere: 1:57pm On Dec 10, 2015
richidinho:

mttcheeew
bros the guy needs to be commended.That is one problem with us.We should commend someone with such a wonderful idea.Ntin like Boko Haram
Re: Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by dammy336(f): 6:16pm On Dec 10, 2015
abduljabbar4:

B!tch, is he a boko haram member? Foolish, useless girl
Whoever said he is one? I only said it should be monitored. Then again, with your username alone, I guess your response is expected so, no offence taken
Re: Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by ogmaskman: 6:20pm On Dec 10, 2015
sexybaby22:
so he had to use an arab mans pic instead of that of an african. anyways this should be monitored very carefully before it turns to a means of recruiting terrorist.

My thought exactly.
Re: Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 10, 2015
abduljabbar4:

What is this bastard saying? Useless piece of sh!t. Fvck off

B!tch, is he a boko haram member? Foolish, useless girld
k

Even if people criticise your religion you should be courteous in your response. it would help to show that there are sane muslims. rather you curse and insult like a potential terrorist.
Re: Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by abduljabbar4(m): 8:18pm On Dec 10, 2015
sexybaby22:

Even if people criticise your religion you should be courteous in your response. it would help to show that there are sane muslims. rather you curse and insult like a potential terrorist.

K. I hope ur father fvcked u well. Miss "sexy" baby
Re: Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 10, 2015
abduljabbar4:

K. I hope ur father fvcked u well. Miss "sexy" baby

Tomorrow u will take ur filthy self to the mosque to pray after all these. the bible teaches us to let our words and actions reflect christ in us.
i guess u r reflecting what type of person ur mohammed is. PIG.
Re: Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by abduljabbar4(m): 8:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
sexybaby22:

Tomorrow u will take ur filthy self to the mosque to pray after all these. the bible teaches us to let our words and actions reflect christ in us.
i guess u r reflecting what type of person ur mohammed is. PIG.

slowpoke. Happy fvcking with ur hopeless drunkard
Re: Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by OFFICIAL336: 12:42am On Dec 11, 2015
End Time App #ETA
Re: Nigerian Yusuf Develops Tutlub, A Mobile Social Network Apple To Connect Muslims by NigLasPresident: 12:45am On Dec 11, 2015
sexybaby22:

Lol! WoW! Really?

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Sponsoring Terrorism Against Nigeria – DSS Tells Court / Dasukigate: N850m Paid Into Buhari Pa’s Access Bank Account Number 0045586381 / I Need A Good Lawyer Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.