Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Lagos Shuts 53 Churches, Mosques, Hotels - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Shuts 53 Churches, Mosques, Hotels (1485 Views)

N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes / Lagos Shuts 53 Churches, Mosques, Hotels / Lagos Shuts 53 Churches, Mosques (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Shuts 53 Churches, Mosques, Hotels by Mc4larin: 12:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
Lagos State Government yesterday shut down 53 churches, mosques and hotels over noise pollution and environmental nuisance in the state. Some of the worship centres were shut because they were converted from residential apartments to places of worship thereby contravening the law and constituting nuisance to neighbours.

Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency, LASEPA General Manager, Engr Rasheed Shabi, while commenting on the closures said the agency received lots of complaints from residents and neighbours of the worship centers ‎

“In recent times, most of the petitions kept coming back to us. It was as if we are not working at all. That was why we shut the premises. You cannot have makeshift structure and say you want to be conducting services or vigil there. Definitely, you will be disturbing your neighbours. So, the government won’t allow the use of makeshift facilities as a church or mosque. Nobody is allowed to make noise above 55 decibel during the day in the residential area and only 45 decibel is allowed in such area at night. In the industrial areas, 90 decibel of noise is allowed during the day while the noise rate must not exceed 80 decibel at night in such areas. The compliance level is increasing. More residents now understand the effect of noise. Some of the religious houses are also complying with the noise pollution regulations,”.

Source: LIB

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts 53 Churches, Mosques, Hotels by Laitesmart(m): 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2015
I am very sure that the churches will have the highest number here... The rate at which churches are springing up.... It is well
Re: Lagos Shuts 53 Churches, Mosques, Hotels by Blackfire(m): 1:31pm On Dec 10, 2015
Good..... This is good.
Re: Lagos Shuts 53 Churches, Mosques, Hotels by Mc4larin: 1:38pm On Dec 10, 2015
Laitesmart:
I am very sure that the churches will have the highest number here... The rate at which churches are springing up.... It is well

Infact, it's now like recharge card centres!
Re: Lagos Shuts 53 Churches, Mosques, Hotels by naptu2: 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2015
Re: Lagos Shuts 53 Churches, Mosques, Hotels by Seun(m): 2:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
This article would have been totally believable if not because they included hotels. How are hotels noisy? I'm sure this move is not about noise.
Re: Lagos Shuts 53 Churches, Mosques, Hotels by Maghan37: 2:23pm On Dec 10, 2015
Seun:
This article would have been totally believable if not because they included hotels. How are hotels noisy? I'm sure this move is not about noise.
The last time I checked most hotels have a standing dj with big speakers.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts 53 Churches, Mosques, Hotels by naptu2: 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2015
Seun:

Some hotels have noisy electricity generators that emit toxic fumes (eg Kanu's hotel was shut because of the fumes that its electricity generators emit). Some smaller hotels blast very loud music that disturbs the neighbours.
Re: Lagos Shuts 53 Churches, Mosques, Hotels by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2015
you quoted me for another person
Re: Lagos Shuts 53 Churches, Mosques, Hotels by Mustay(m): 3:50pm On Dec 10, 2015
Seun:

Some do have bars that make noise at night. Nonetheless, the report (from Punch, not LIB) highlights their non-compliance to obtain EIAs than noise.
Re: Lagos Shuts 53 Churches, Mosques, Hotels by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
Seun:
Noise pollution from their ill-maintained generators and loud speakers from their open bars .
Re: Lagos Shuts 53 Churches, Mosques, Hotels by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 11, 2015
Re: Lagos Shuts 53 Churches, Mosques, Hotels by johnmartus(m): 4:05pm On Dec 11, 2015
THAT'S GOOD AT LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT I DONT EVEN KNOW THE MATTER WITH THEM I LOVE IT CONTINUE YOUR GOOD WORK
Re: Lagos Shuts 53 Churches, Mosques, Hotels by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 11, 2015
Seun:

lower cadre 'hotels' are little more than night clubs/ short time joints. plenty of partying every night
Re: Lagos Shuts 53 Churches, Mosques, Hotels by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 11, 2015
[quote author=Seun post=40872782][/quote] how do I purchase ads credit
Re: Lagos Shuts 53 Churches, Mosques, Hotels by chris4gold(m): 7:00pm On Dec 11, 2015
good news

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: Facing Down Nigeria’s Ghosts- New York Times / Buhari, APC Plotting To Rig Rivers Rerun Election –fayose / REAKING: Rivers Rerun: INEC Suspends Election In 2 More Lgas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.