Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? (1327 Views)

Ezekwesili Sitting On The Floor In Aso Rock As Police Stop #BringBackOurGirls / What Happened To The Chibok Girls And The #bringbackourgirls Campaign? / Where Is The #bringbackourgirls Campaign Group?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by johnydon22(m): 3:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
During the regime of Goodluck Jonathan as the president of Nigeria, the abduction of over 200 girls from chibok by Boko Haram terrorists have been one of the most rocking events of that administration.

Nigerian are divided on their opinions of whether the girls were actually kidnapped or not but the issue remains a campaign was launched in the ecstasy of that event.

#BringBackOurGirls

The opposing party utilized it mostly by pointing out the inability of the Goodluck' s administration to provide the girls.

Promises to restore the girls were put up at that time..

It is no news that President Muhammadu Buhari during the campaign season banked well on the missing Chibok girls and tendered promises that he would bring them back http://cctv-africa.com/2015/04/14/buhari-promises-to-rescue-chibok-girls/

Even though his tune about the girls change shortly after been elected http://www.nation.co.ke/news/africa/Chibok-Girls-Boko-Haram-Muhammadu-Buhari/-/1066/2686308/-/103gpq7/-/index.html

Protesting campaigns with the #BringBackOurGirls Theme was launched severally notably led by Mrs Oby Okwesili.

It has been up to 7 months into the present Administration, we are yet to see the campaign relaunched to pressure the government into fulfilling their promises.

Recently it has been reported that up to 170 girls were also abducted from a village in Borno known as Bam. http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/12/boko-haram-in-fresh-abduction-of-nigerian-teenage-girls/

Now it begs the question

-What happened to the #BringBackOurGirls campaign?

-why did every one suddenly went dumb about it?

-why is Oby Okwesili not leading more campaigns?

-What about the Bam girls?

-why are they no longer people appearing daily in the news to cry about it?

-Why is the present government seemingly appear uncaring or don't even care mentioning the missing girls

-What happened to the promises?

With this grave silence on the Chibok girls and Bam recently, one is compelled to view the chibok girls saga as another political shenanigan because with the rate things has been halted or hushed about these girls, one may start to think they never was abducted

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by menesheh(m): 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2015
There is this statement that says, "don't abuse a leader on the throne to get into same political office, if do you, and happened to get there too but couldn't solve the problems you accused the sitting leader of not solving, your own government will be more silly and messy than the one you abused"

A folk is seriously witnessing the toughness of where he is presently sitted.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 10, 2015
#Take this thread to front page.I command.
Re: What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
if i don't see this topic on front page i will presume bias against the moderators.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
I like that Mynd4.4 I swear. Before you type Bia, you don chop ban. He must be related to fashola grin

Now, I can concentrate on my beautiful igbo ladies hunting without any idiot trying to come in between us with the laws of Nnamdi kanu & their useless ideology.

Where do I even start self? Where is that lady called tohpahz? Bia - abeg let us talk grin

Johnny Atheist, make you no talk say I dey derail your thread. The BBOG campaign is still very much in full swing [so to speak grin] but you should know that out of the over 200girls commandeered by the BH-Boyz, only 3-5 of them are still alive, as most of them have been raped, traumatized and used as bomb-carrying robots to wreck havoc in different communities in the North, hence the reason each of their families were paid off with 5Million Naira.

This ofcourse is a very classified intel and you didn't hear it from me.

Lastly, the enlightened among us know that the finger of the CIA through their secret military base in Chad [where all the BH logistics are being coordinated] was & is responsible for the carnage that is still currently ravaging the North, which ofcourse is the reason for PMB's dead silence on the Boko-Haram sponsors since he assumed power, but what I will not tell you is the content of the secret meeting PMB had with Vladimirovich Putin at the Gas Summit in Iran 2weeks ago - Nagode!

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by MizMyColi(f): 8:04pm On Dec 10, 2015
^^Clown! undecided

4 Likes

Re: What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by Feraz(m): 8:18pm On Dec 10, 2015
johnydon22:

Recently it has been reported that up to 170 girls were also abducted from a village in Borno known as Bam. http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/12/boko-haram-in-fresh-abduction-of-nigerian-teenage-girls/
This is the first time I am seeing a news like this. If this truly happened, how come it is not being reported in the mainstream media? What is really happening in Nigeria?

Zoharariel:
I like that Mynd4.4 I swear. Before you type Bia, you don chop ban. He must be related to fashola grin
Now, I can concentrate on my beautiful igbo ladies hunting without any idiot trying to come in between us with the laws of Nnamdi kanu & their useless ideology.
Where do I even start self? Where is that lady called tohpahz? Bia - abeg let us talk grin
Johnny Atheist, make you no talk say I dey derail your thread. The BBOG campaign is still very much in full swing [so to speak grin] but you should know that out of the over 200girls commandeered by the BH-Boyz, only 3-5 of them are still alive, as most of them have been raped, traumatized and used as bomb-carrying robots to wreck havoc in different communities in the North, hence the reason each of their families were paid off with 5Million Naira.
Lastly, the enlightened among us know that the finger of the CIA through their secret military base in Chad [where all the BH logistics are being coordinated] was & is responsible for the carnage that is still currently ravaging the North, which ofcourse is the reason for PMB's dead silence on the Boko-Haram sponsors since he assumed power, but what I will not tell you is the content of the secret meeting PMB had with Vladimirovich Putin at the Gas Summit in Iran 2weeks ago - Nagode!
1. So now, it is the CIA that is responsible for what is going on in the North? No more PDP? I recall PDP supporters saying such and y'all crucified them saying the C-in-C is not supposed to give excuses; how will a foreign organisation interfer in the nation's politics?. If y'all knew they were involved, why didn't hypocrites like you join hands to demand the 'CIA' leave Nigeria to run her affairs?

2. Now, PMB is dead silent on BH sponsors because according to you "He knows the CIA involvement of the current crisis in the NE". Was Jonathan not vilified for failing to mention the sponsors of the terrorist group - Boko Haram?

Finally, you APC and PDP supporters are really showing none of you can be trusted to lead and unite Nigerians. undecided

If people clamor for Biafra tomorrow, Nigerians will say 'They are threatening the unity and sovereignty of the nation' not knowing the two parties above have done worse

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by johnydon22(m): 8:30pm On Dec 10, 2015
Feraz:
This is the first time I am seeing a news like this. If this truly happened, how come it is not being reported in the mainstream media? What is really happening in Nigeria?

It made front page here https://www.nairaland.com/2770555/boko-haram-abducts-teenage-girls
Re: What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by Feraz(m): 8:35pm On Dec 10, 2015
johnydon22:

It made front page here https://www.nairaland.com/2770555/boko-haram-abducts-teenage-girls
Gawd! I really need to keep myself updated on what is currently happening in Nigeria! cheesy Never knew such happened! If that is the case, how come media houses aren't harping on this current abduction?
Re: What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by johnydon22(m): 8:36pm On Dec 10, 2015
Feraz:
Gawd! I really need to keep myself updated on what is currently happening in Nigeria! cheesy Never knew such happened? If that is the case, how come media houses aren't harping on this current abduction?
That's one of my questions
Re: What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by Feraz(m): 8:44pm On Dec 10, 2015
johnydon22:
That's one of my questions
Of course, we Nigerians are more focused on those determined to secede and create a sovereign nation - Biafra; focused on elections in Kogi and Bayelsa states; instead of speaking with one voice against these vices. We are our own worst enemies!!!
Re: What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by saintopus(m): 8:53pm On Dec 10, 2015
OP!!! You too talk sef!

Didn't we say that Chibok girls was a scam.
It's aim had been achieved.

An average Hausa family are not concerned if a thousand girls was abducted so long as their preferred candidate PMB is in power.
So OP shift this thread comot here jor!
Re: What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by dBard: 9:32pm On Dec 10, 2015
Wen some peeps said it was politically motivated, they were called names

Time,eventually, vindicates all..

The silence, from their end, is so loud it's deafening

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 10, 2015
A navy friend of mine told me long time ago that their top security officials said there were never chibok girls. It was all politics.
Re: What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by Feraz(m): 10:29pm On Dec 10, 2015
dBard:
Wen some peeps said it was politically motivated, they were called names

Time,eventually, vindicates all..

The silence, from their end, is so loud it's deafening

I still am surprised why much attention haven't been brought to this recent one.
Re: What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by johnydon22(m): 7:48am On Dec 11, 2015
Feraz:
I still am surprised why much attention haven't been brought to this recent one.
I am beginning to consider this present government to be a joke and a mockery to true democracy
Re: What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by johnydon22(m): 7:48am On Dec 11, 2015
onlinebizinfo:
A navy friend of mine told me long time ago that their top security officials said there were never chibok girls. It was all politics.
It is beginning to look like so to me now
Re: What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by mysteriousman(m): 7:48am On Dec 11, 2015
IMO I think the chibok girls have long been sold out, that's how this people get money to fuel their war against nigeria and this kidnapping of girls and women in that region of the country will not stop until bolo Haram has been defeated
Re: What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by kiddie(m): 8:44am On Dec 11, 2015
mysteriousman:
IMO I think the chibok girls have long been sold out, that's how this people get money to fuel their war against nigeria and this kidnapping of girls and women in that region of the country will not stop until bolo Haram has been defeated
the don't only earn money from there they rob banks and rob innocent citizens
Re: What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by drss(m): 9:18am On Dec 11, 2015
Zoharariel:

so it is cia now? No longer GEJ kidnapped dem? Ur duara president buari dullaaard will meet de same fate dat he used on GEJ.
Re: What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by just2okworld(f): 5:36pm On Dec 11, 2015
MizMyColi:
^^Clown! undecided
U fine sha,no be small adanna
Re: What Happened To The #BringBackOurGirls Campaign? by Feraz(m): 9:19pm On Dec 11, 2015
johnydon22:
I am beginning to consider this present government to be a joke and a mockery to true democracy
Amazing how everyone is suddenly mute.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Sacks NDDC Chairman,bassey Dan Appoints Amaechi's Ex Aide As Replacement. / Imo State Government Set To Tax Churches / Hilarious Photo: When Your Father Works In A butter band Factory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.