Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,615 members, 7,820,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God (2504 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God by Angelou(m): 8:01am On Apr 02, 2016
johnydon22:
Anyone can make any such confident assertion anytime.

the simple requirement is: demonstrate your method of deductions through empirical substantiation because as long as it is not empirically backed it remains an unfounded claim as any other.
and what sort of empirical/scientifically-recognised method of proof, can be used to confirm ones claims to paranormal entities and activities?
These sort of issues are not scientific hypotheses, they are likewise not meant to be deciphered by the naked (unguided) eye or should i say "the naked brain"
Re: God by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 02, 2016
Muafrika2:
Another self confessed ritualist okay with the concept of demons, tells tales of meeting actual demons but has a problem with God's existence.

That fact alone should tell alot about that God that you seem to have a problem with. So only your gods exist? Smh.

I assume that your very condescending response is aimed at my OP. Where have I stated that I have a problem with Divine God? To state that I have a problem with God is akin to saying I have a problem with the air I breathe.

Mind you, I do have a problem with fairy tale depictions and personifications of God by various religions including Christianity and Islam as well as other religions, in my view they are all false.
Re: God by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 02, 2016
Sarassin:

I do have a problem with fairy tale depictions and personifications of God by various religions including Christianity and Islam as well as other religions, in my view they are all false.

These points from the op are designed to deny and recreate a different God in people's mind. Then to elevate SELF above GOD.

1. I do not see that there is any God who created the world.

2. You are never going to meet God and say hello how are you?

3. God is not a person but only a presence. You can even make "presence" something objective – you would have fallen into the same trap. God is a presence at the innermost core of your being:

4. it (refering to God) is your own presence.
Re: God by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 02, 2016
Muafrika2:

These points from the op are designed to deny and recreate a different God in people's mind. Then to elevate SELF above GOD.

1. I do not see that there is any God who created the world.

2. You are never going to meet God and say hello how are you?

3. God is not a person but only a presence. You can even make "presence" something objective – you would have fallen into the same trap. God is a presence at the innermost core of your being:

4. it (refering to God) is your own presence.

When you say “recreate a different God in people’s mind” what do you mean? A different God in what respect? What is your original term of reference and why do you think I ought to have conformed to said viewpoint?

And if I contend that God inhabits each and every one of us, good, bad or indifferent, how does that equate to my “being another ritualist having a problem with God”?
Re: God by Immorttal: 2:35pm On Apr 02, 2016
Sarassin:

I do not see that there is any God who created the world. It is the religionists who would personify God to suit their purpose. I certainly experience a quality of godliness in existence, but it is a quality, not a person. It is more like love, more like silence, more like joy – less like a person. You are never going to meet God and say hello how are you? I have been looking for you for thousands of years; where have you been hiding?

God is not a person but only a presence.

And when I say "presence," one must be careful, because you can go on listening according to your own conditioning. You can even make "presence" something objective – you would have fallen into the same trap. God is a presence at the innermost core of your being: it is your own presence. It is not a meeting with somebody else.
Belief is one thing, reality is another… One leads to bondage and the other is possible only in freedom… Belief can never lead to reality. Belief is the result of conditioning, or the outcome of fear, or the result of an outer or inner authority which gives comfort. Reality is none of these… The credulous are always willing to believe, accept, obey, whether what is offered is good or bad, mischievous or beneficial. The believing mind is not an enquiring mind, so it remains within the limits of the formula or principle.

Through experience you hope to touch the truth of your belief, to prove it to yourself, but this belief conditions your experience. It isn’t that the experience comes to prove the belief, but rather that the belief begets the experience. Your belief in God will give you the experience of what you call God. You will always experience what you believe and nothing else. And this invalidates your experience. The Christian will see virgins, angels and Christ, the Hindu will see similar deities in extravagant plurality. The Muslim, the Buddhist, the Jew and the Communist are all the same. Belief conditions its own supposed proof.

Man has always been seeking something beyond his own death, beyond his own problems, something that will be enduring, true and timeless. He has called it God, he has given it many names; and most of us believe in something of this kind, without ever actually experiencing it.

When you are enquiring into such extraordinary questions, there must be the freedom of actually not knowing a thing about it. You really don’t know, do you? You don’t know what truth is, what God is – if there is such a thing – or what is a truly religious mind. You have read about it, people have talked about it for millennia, have built monasteries, but actually they are living on other people’s knowledge, experience and propaganda. To find out, surely one must put aside all that completely, and therefore the enquiry into all this is a very serious matter. If you want to play with it, there are all kinds of so called spiritual, religious entertainments, but they have no value whatsoever to a serious mind.

I find that as long as the mind is in a state of fear, it wants to escape from it, and it projects the idea of the Supreme, and wants to experience that. But if it frees itself from its own agony then it is altogether in a different state. It doesn’t even ask for the experience because it is at a different level.

In ourselves we are so petty, so essentially nothing, and the worship of something greater than ourselves is a petty and stupid as we are. Identification with the great is still a projection of the small. The more is an extension of the less. The small in search of the large will only find what it is capable of finding.
Re: God by Immorttal: 2:50pm On Apr 02, 2016
Anyone can be against me, I am not bothered at all, all I see is beauty in everyone. No judgment.
you are so on point. We are God,the power is in us(mind) i believe in ONENESS of the universe.We are One but life on earth disputes that wrongly. Inquire through your spirit,the power is in you. I LOVE ALL BEIGNS. WE ARE ONE. Religion (islam,christian,budha,hindu) is a scam.A hindrance and problem rather than the answer.I look forward to existence at the plane,where i belong,where there is no limits and boundaries.
Re: God by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
Sarassin:

When you say “recreate a different God in people’s mind” what do you mean?[

You are refocusing the people focus from the greatness of God, whose power supercedes the power of men and who has his own existence devoid of the lust or corruption of mens flesh, and equating Him to the presence of men, reducing his definition to a presence which you describe in a simplistic way, as being in men. He cannot be there unless invited, and in people with a pure heart.

A different God in what respect?

And if I contend that God inhabits each and every one of us, good, bad or indifferent, ...

There are many a god inside men. One of them is self. Most men are more corrupt than hell. And light and darkness do not mix so one either has God or doesn't. So no, God is not inside everybody. But there are diverse gods inside most people. Unclean gods who are in themselves creations of the Almighty God. And who have no business getting any form of worship. Not even self worship.

...how does that equate to my “being another ritualist having a problem with God”?

We Christians have one God, the creator, our King of Kings whose talks, walks, creates, laughs, and destroys. You have your gods which you talk to, and whatever else. Which rituals you have been gladly sharing with lost souls who would like to do the same.

So, what is your problem with our God's existence as a person, just like yours do? if we, just like you would interact with yours, interact with ours? The reason why you have not met Him, is that He is not yours. He's ours. And he's holy.

What is your original term of reference and why do you think I ought to have conformed to said viewpoint?
God is the creator of all, you included, He is the King that the rulers, principalities and powers of the spiritual realm answer to. It's just sinister to know this and create a misleading story. You should be out there preaching His greatness, not diminishing him with your words.

I know that many people who claim the nonexistence of God are people who know of His existence but out of rebellion, have decided to create an argument to mislead a few who are naive, and honestly seeking after the truth.
Re: God by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 02, 2016
Muafrika2:

You are refocusing the people focus from the greatness of God, whose power supercedes the power of men and who has his own existence devoid of the lust or corruption of mens flesh, and equating Him to the presence of men, reducing his definition to a presence which you describe in a simplistic way, as being in men. He cannot be there unless invited, and in people with a pure heart.

I do not begrudge you your God. I have merely stated my opinion. But I am curious, if it is true as Christians will have us believe that God made men in his own image, why would you state that God is devoid of corruption and the lust of men’s flesh? And why would your God require an invitation to inhabit his creation?

There are many a god inside men. One of them is self. Most men are more corrupt than hell. And light and darkness do not mix so one either has God or doesn't. So no, God is not inside everybody. But there are diverse gods inside most people. Unclean gods who are in themselves creations of the Almighty God. And who have no business getting any form of worship. Not even self worship.

You say there are many gods inside men and you know this how? You go further to state that these are unclean gods, the creation of the almighty, yet you would have us believe that the Christian God is holy, is it not perverse to then state that God created unclean gods unworthy of worship?

We Christians have one God, the creator, our King of Kings whose talks, walks, creates, laughs, and destroys. You have your gods which you talk to, and whatever else. Which rituals you have been gladly sharing with lost souls who would like to do the same.
So, what is your problem with our God's existence as a person, just like yours do? if we, just like you would interact with yours, interact with ours? The reason why you have not met Him, is that He is not yours. He's ours. And he's holy.

This is all supposition. You say you have one God, and by inference this your God created humans in its own image of corruption and lustfulness (Your own words), it is also perverse in creating unclean gods unworthy of worship. And he’s yours….you can keep him.

God is the creator of all, you included, He is the King that the rulers, principalities and powers of the spiritual realm answer to. It's just sinister to know this and create a misleading story. You should be out there preaching His greatness, not diminishing him with your words.

This is the worldview of Christendom and this your God sounds very insecure. It might come as a huge shock to you but in my opinion your religion is but one of many and your God but one of many competing for time and space.
Re: God by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
Sarassin:

I do not begrudge you your God. I have merely stated my opinion. But I am curious, if it is true as Christians will have us believe that God made men in his own image, why would you state that God is devoid of corruption and the lust of men’s flesh? And why would your God require an invitation to inhabit his creation?

You say there are many gods inside men and you know this how? You go further to state that these are unclean gods, the creation of the almighty, yet you would have us believe that the Christian God is holy, is it not perverse to then state that God created unclean gods unworthy of worship?

Sin is created. Not by God, as a preexisting entity that is accepted but sin is created at the point of committal. Most satanic rituals are actually actions intended to actively make sin exist. So the corrupt men do create their own corruption. It's simple. The corruption of the glory of God- by speech, useless actions/vain indulgences, sexual immorality. This is what demons do all day long. If you don't know this already I'll start believing you are a fake satanist.

I know the same way you do.

What men have is the knowledge of evil. Choosing to make use of that knowledge is personal.

This is all supposition. You say you have one God, and by inference this your God created humans in its own image of corruption and lustfulness (Your own words), it is also perverse in creating unclean gods unworthy of worship. And he’s yours….you can keep him.

Gladly, I'll keep Him.

This is the worldview of Christendom and this your God sounds very insecure. It might come as a huge shock to you but in my opinion your religion is but one of many and your God but one of many competing for time and space.

Insecure? That's an underestimation. He is gravely jealous. And he takes vengeance. So your gods are on notice.
Re: God by Nobody: 3:24am On Apr 03, 2016
Muafrika2:

Sin is created. Not by God, as a preexisting entity that is accepted but sin is created at the point of committal. Most satanic rituals are actually actions intended to actively make sin exist. So the corrupt men do create their own corruption. It's simple. The corruption of the glory of God- by speech, useless actions/vain indulgences, sexual immorality. This is what demons do all day long. If you don't know this already I'll start believing you are a fake satanist.

I know the same way you do.

What men have is the knowledge of evil. Choosing to make use of that knowledge is personal.

You make vague generalisations but you never answered the question. If you say your God created man in his own image, how then do you state that your God is devoid of the corruption and the lustful heart of man that fills man? do you not see the absurdity of your position? By your very words you bring your own God into disrepute. Perhaps someone else will help you resolve the conundrum.

Who has created the impulse for such sin?

And what satanic rituals are you contemplating? And by the way did Satan pre-exist your God or didn’t your God create Satan? And if God did indeed create Satan, is Satan not then a perverse creation, created in the sure knowledge that he would decline to serve, forment rebellion and bring about the fall of man?

You seem intent on putting words into my mouth, if I were a Satanist I would state so but if it helps you feel better to label me as such then so be it. You state that you know what demons do all day long, in that case I bow to your superior knowledge.

1 Like

Re: God by Nobody: 5:07am On Apr 03, 2016
This question is answered already. I have told you about the origin of sin. But for your sake, I'll go deeper.

THE MAKING OF SIN

The devil, who personifies iniquity, was created as a precious cherub, a glory in fact, of the most high. (The glory of God is his power. Cherubim are in fact principalities of the heavens, Princes over realms or powers of the Most High.) Iniquity is therefore, as a matter of fact, a currupted principality. A heavenly place whose good was, is destroyed, turned into darkness/evil.

This is the description of a prince, a cherub serving before God. One who fell into iniquity;

Ezekiel 28:14 |
Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

He did not create him(the devil) to destroy him per se. Just like he did not create man just to destroy him. If you read Ezekiel 28, the devil, the great Cherub is only sent away when iniquity is found in him. He bought his ticket out of the presence of God.

V.15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Now we know that everything on earth has no ability to exist if not by God. The question is how that iniquity was.

Colossians 1:16 |
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

God did not create iniquity (sin). But the knowledge of how to create it. The knowledge that he had, though not keeping it away from Adam and Eve, told them not to take for their own use. They did become curious later and sought after the knowledge - of evil in addition to knowledge of good. Not just to know how to do good, but how to do evil. For they had not done evil. They did not know how to convert the beauty of God's holiness into an abomination. They learnt it on that day.

That is the wisdom she observed when she listened to the serpent;

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Now you would wonder where that evil was in a perfect world. Using the knowledge available to them from that day, both the Cherub(who already had the knowledge) and the humans actively propagated iniquity. And There is formular To It. That formula is what you may call the knowledge of evil. It is the intimate communion with what is termed as the flesh (which in actual fact is a spiritual power/ruler of darkness). Or the works of the flesh. The rising of the flesh signifies the death of Man, just as God said,

Gen 2: 17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Of all the powers and principalities that wrestle against men, this "flesh" is the greatest of the battle. So seductive and easily empowered, but a tenant that fights to keep his tenure. He can has even turned against his many hosts to torment them.

Here is the formula in the creation of evil. Which works the arisen ruler over the spirit of man, the flesh does commit in men. The first was rebellion. Rebellion against anything that qualifies as righteousness. And second, the glory of God, which both the cherub and the man were in literal terms, was desecrated by the two, being converted into a "vain" glory. This done by a lot of vain, (unexplained useless activity with no gain) indeed all activities that may be described as "sin" or " wickedness". They are just done for the heck of it. That is how iniquity, even now, fills the earth. Both man and the fallen cherub know when they convert the beautiful glory of God into a vain thing, an iniquity.

The following refers to the wicked men, and as demonstrated, their fall into wickedness (iniquity):

Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Sarassin:

You make vague generalisations but you never answered the question. If you say your God created man in his own image, how then do you state that your God is devoid of the corruption and the lustful heart of man that fills man? do you not see the absurdity of your position? By your very words you bring your own God into disrepute. Perhaps someone else will help you resolve the conundrum.

Who has created the impulse for such sin?

And what satanic rituals are you contemplating? And by the way did Satan pre-exist your God or didn’t your God create Satan? And if God did indeed create Satan, is Satan not then a perverse creation, created in the sure knowledge that he would decline to serve, forment rebellion and bring about the fall of man?

You seem intent on putting words into my mouth, if I were a Satanist I would state so but if it helps you feel better to label me as such then so be it. You state that you know what demons do all day long, in that case I bow to your superior knowledge.
Demons just do nonsense all day long.

There is a difference between knowledge of evil, and impulse to commit evil. I have knowledge of evil. Meaning I know how to create evil. But I do not have the impulse. Impulse is when that created (by men) evil takes rule over the man. That is why we preach about crucifying the flesh. A living flesh is an ever present impulse to sin.
Re: God by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 03, 2016
Muafrika2:
This question is answered already. I have told you about the origin of sin. But for your sake, I'll go deeper.

THE MAKING OF SIN

The devil, who personifies iniquity, was created as a precious cherub, a glory in fact, of the most high. (The glory of God is his power. Cherubim are in fact principalities of the heavens, Princes over realms or powers of the Most High.) Iniquity is therefore, as a matter of fact, a currupted principality. A heavenly place whose good was, is destroyed, turned into darkness/evil.

This is the description of a prince, a cherub serving before God. One who fell into iniquity;

Thank you for the explanation of the origin of sin. The problem however, still remains if you will indulge me as a non-Christian.

The premise is that man is created in the image of God, we have established that amongst other things the One true God is a jealous and vengeful deity, I quite agree, mainly because these traits are common in man, his creation. You have gone a step further and stated that man has lust and corruption in his heart, I agree, we know that Satan corrupted man and also that there was lust in heaven, we know this because Christian texts tell us that angels lusted after the daughters of men thereby losing their places in heaven.

Given you have stated previously that sin did not pre-exist, and the impulse to commit sin is by necessity a creation of God is it not the case that God is therefore an embodiment of all these characteristics and that whatever sin that man can conceive is merely a facet of an expression of God?

My problem is this, Christians say God is holy and perfect and I agree, but a holy and perfect God does not create imperfection or un-holiness.

Christians tell us that mankind is conceived in sin, we are told also that the “whitest of our whites are but as the filthiest of rags”, what is more, on at least two occasions the Christian God has had to take drastic action, with regards to mankind, instance the expression of dissatisfaction with his creation thereby leading to the destruction of the world by flooding, secondly the presentation of his only begotten as a ransom for the sins of his own creation.

A perfect God does not create imperfection, hence my statement that I do not see that God created the world.
Re: God by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 03, 2016
Sarassin:

Given you have stated previously that sin did not pre-exist, and the impulse to commit sin is by necessity a creation of God is it not the case that God is therefore an embodiment of all these characteristics and that whatever sin that man can conceive is merely a facet of an expression of God?

My answer was this, which may have gotten lost in all the narration; God the all knowing had in Him knowledge that could produce good and knowledge that could produce even evil. But he does good only. The tree of knowledge of good and evil that He Planted In His garden was no secret. He was open to Adam concerning all the abilities that that the two knds of knowledge either would give him. Man explored it. In all men is the knowledge of good too.

Knowledge and impulse do not mean the same thing. Impulse is a drive, knowledge on the other hand is not a lead into sin. Also, knowledge of evil is not in itself committal of the same. Conversion and use of that Knowledge to commit sin may not even need an impulse. It may be out of curiosity. Impulse is a strong uncontrolled expression of the intension to sin. So no, God does not have the impulse to sin. The impulse is empowered sin in itself, and comes after the sin becomes an obsessive activity.

My problem is this, Christians say God is holy and perfect and I agree, but a holy and perfect God does not create imperfection or un-holiness...

...A perfect God does not create imperfection, hence my statement that I do not see that God created the world.

I see no contradiction. If God is all knowing, would it not be an imperfection on His part if He did not have an all encompassing knowledge of both good and evil. We do have access to all knowledge found to Him, and Lucifer and company, and some men loved the knowledge of evil, and put it into use.

The same knowledge which is in the sons of darkness is in God. All they do, dispeakable amd vain, He watches and hears all day long. But in God is holiness, because He is not engaged in the same activities as the sons of darkness. If there is perfection, it is because imperfection exist too.

Christians tell us that mankind is conceived in sin, we are told also that the “whitest of our whites are but as the filthiest of rags”, what is more, on at least two occasions the Christian God has had to take drastic action, with regards to mankind, instance the expression of dissatisfaction with his creation thereby leading to the destruction of the world by flooding, secondly the presentation of his only begotten as a ransom for the sins of his own creation.

The sinfulness of our existence from birth is due to, the rule of the powers of darkness over our age. That's why demons are referred to as the rulers of this world. It's also why salvation/getting born again is the translation into the Kingdom of righteosness. It is a principality in its own right, ruled by Christ, who joins it to men by the covenant of His own blood. Just as men like you pour blood to seal covenants with each other, or with demons, Christ did it with the earth and men. His mission is more ambitious than people think, because on that day he earned all the principalities. They are all indebted to Him.

All instances in which God massacred entire populations, one age came to an end and another age started. Spiritually and physically. Because even over the Kingdoms of darkness He still appoints rulers and Kings and equally demotes them. The flood came to deny the rulers of that time a human host and to replace their bloodline with another. It's for the same reason that nations were to be wiped out at the conquest of Cannan. It's a good reminder for the sons of darkness and gods who think God will entertain their nonsense forever.

By killing those men (their hosts) the spiritual principalities of that land were replaced by its new inhabitants and the spirit that was in them. This is the same reason we have tribal, racial and religious wars. Their root is in the spirit.

We are at a similar time in history, a new age is coming in and I expect nothing short of yet another blood bath. Remember what Christ told Israel about the nations they did not destroy, they would become thorns in their sides... They would be their tormentors, because they were of a different spirit, one that contended for their inheritance.
Re: God by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 03, 2016
Muafrika2:

I see no contradiction. If God is all knowing, would it not be an imperfection on His part if He did not have an all encompassing knowledge of both good and evil. We do have access to all knowledge found to Him, and Lucifer and company, and some men loved the knowledge of evil, and put it into use.

The same knowledge which is in the sons of darkness is in God. All they do, dispeakable amd vain, He watches and hears all day long. But in God is holiness, because He is not engaged in the same activities as the sons of darkness. If there is perfection, it is because imperfection exist too.

I am afraid the contradictions remain but I think you are unable to see them outside the narrow prism of your pseudo-Jewish eschatology. You cannot have it both ways, either God is perfect and all his creation without exception is perfect without the possibility of committing sin or the entire shebang is a lie.

The sinfulness of our existence from birth is due to, the rule of the powers of darkness over our age. That's why demons are referred to as the rulers of this world. It's also why salvation/getting born again is the translation into the Kingdom of righteosness. It is a principality in its own right, ruled by Christ, who joins it to men by the covenant of His own blood. Just as men like you pour blood to seal covenants with each other, or with demons, Christ did it with the earth and men. His mission is more ambitious than people think, because on that day he earned all the principalities. They are all indebted to Him.

If man is sinful from birth, then he was not made perfect. There can be no other supposition.You go on to say say men like me[i] pour blood to seal covenants[/i], quite amusing but you are entirely wrong, incidentally I have lost count of how many self-styled Pentecostal Daddy’s, overseers e.t.c I have relieved of their self-imposed torment, preachers and pontificators like you by daytime, half-baked Kabbalists by night, so please spare me the cheap shots.

All instances in which God massacred entire populations, one age came to an end and another age started. Spiritually and physically. Because even over the Kingdoms of darkness He still appoints rulers and Kings and equally demotes them. The flood came to deny the rulers of that time a human host and to replace their bloodline with another. It's for the same reason that nations were to be wiped out at the conquest of Cannan. It's a good reminder for the sons of darkness and gods who think God will entertain their nonsense forever.

By killing those men (their hosts) the spiritual principalities of that land were replaced by its new inhabitants and the spirit that was in them. This is the same reason we have tribal, racial and religious wars. Their root is in the spirit.

I find it extremely disturbing that you justify group massacre of entire populations by a bloodthirsty deity as necessary to “end an age” does the first commandment mean anything? One wonders what other acts of depravity you would justify in the worship of your perfectly bloodthirsty God, what are your views on slavery in the bible for instance?

We are at a similar time in history, a new age is coming in and I expect nothing short of yet another blood bath. Remember what Christ told Israel about the nations they did not destroy, they would become thorns in their sides... They would be their tormentors, because they were of a different spirit, one that contended for their inheritance.

Good luck withthat. Thankfully Jewish eschatology will remain firmly where it is confined to the nether regions of dusty old books and minds of a relative fringe.
Re: God by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
Sarassin:

I am afraid the contradictions remain but I think you are unable to see them outside the narrow prism of your pseudo-Jewish eschatology. You cannot have it both ways, either God is perfect and all his creation without exception is perfect without the possibility of committing sin or the entire shebang is a lie.
I told you before, I wasn't answering your questions to convince you of truths you have but are being willfully mischievous to mislead.

If man is sinful from birth, then he was not made perfect.

Suit yourself.

There can be no other supposition.You go on to say say men like me[i] pour blood to seal covenants[/i], quite amusing but you are entirely wrong, incidentally I have lost count of how many self-styled Pentecostal Daddy’s, overseers e.t.c I have relieved of their self-imposed torment, preachers and pontificators like you by daytime, half-baked Kabbalists by night, so please spare me the cheap shots.

You and your associates are all birds of the same feather and you know it. So how do I come in here?

Those are your brothers, who are pretending to lead people into righteosness, but are leading them into the pits of demons.

Btw, since when did demons start doing good? The last I checked they only stole, killed and destroy. So spare me the narrative of the righteous ungodliness.

I find it extremely disturbing that you justify group massacre of entire populations by a bloodthirsty deity as necessary to “end an age” does the first commandment mean anything? One wonders what other acts of depravity you would justify in the worship of your perfectly bloodthirsty God, what are your views on slavery in the bible for instance?

Let's just say that if I was there, I would take to the front line with the sharpest double edged sword and keep a thousand slaves. I don't think enemies are things you joke around with. Am more bloodthirsty than my God.

Good luck withthat. Thankfully Jewish eschatology will remain firmly where it is confined to the nether regions of dusty old books and minds of a relative fringe.

Pray very hard that that it be so because I wasn't talking for the sake of it. I meant every bit of it.

I believe we've exhausted this discussion.
Re: God by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
Muafrika2:

You and your associates are all birds of the same feather and you know it. So how do I come in here?

Those are your brothers, who are pretending to lead people into righteosness, but are leading them into the pits of demons.

Btw, since when did demons start doing good? The last I checked they only stole, killed and destroy. So spare me the narrative of the righteous ungodliness.

I trust you are speaking for yourself.

Let's just say that if I was there, I would take to the front line with the sharpest double edged sword and keep a thousand slaves. I don't think enemies are things you joke around with. Am more bloodthirsty than my God.

I quite believe you would too. But you miss the point, the crusades ended centuries ago. The very religion you are professing with your utmost describes you a black man as a “hewer of wood and drawer of water” that verse in your old testament served as the bedrock for Christian justification of clunking your ancestors in chains, what is more, it has never been repudiated.

You are here professing the etymology of a culture and religion you know virtually nothing about, one that despises the very core of your indifferent being and barely tolerates you, you come across as a religious revenant without substance engaged in mental ejaculations over demons. If it were not tragic it would be laughable, I have nothing but pity for you and your blood-thirstiness.

I believe we've exhausted this discussion.

At last, something we agree on, I believe you can find your own way out.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women!!!! The Down Fall Of Pastors / Why Does The Whole World Think That The Negro Is Inherently Stupi..d? / But That's The Old Testament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.