Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,424 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Where Do All Our Deleted Files Go To? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Where Do All Our Deleted Files Go To? (1127 Views)

How To Recover Deleted Files On Android / Who Knows How To Locate Deleted Files In Windows 8+ / How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do All Our Deleted Files Go To? by bawz012(m): 8:21pm On Dec 10, 2015
I deleted a file from my phone today.
That was how it all began.
The thought and question about;
WHERE EXACTLY THESE DELETED FILES (pictures, audio, videos, games etc) FROM OUR PHONES, PC AND OTHER GADGETS GO TO?

Physics taught us that THAT MATTER CAN NEITHER BE CREATED NOR DESTROYED THOUGH IT TRANSFORMS.

If that is the case, I BELIEVE THAT ANY DATA (PICTURES, VIDEOS, GAMES ETC) CREATED CAN NOT JUST VANISH INTO THIN AIR.

WHERE DO ALL OUR DELETED FILES GO TO?

#NAIRALAND Tech GURUS

# Maleeq,
# skydancer
Re: Where Do All Our Deleted Files Go To? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2015
Simple
Re: Where Do All Our Deleted Files Go To? by RealAdewole(m): 8:43pm On Dec 10, 2015
no where , u know the storage space is in a sequence of binary, it is just reorganisation of the code that is y u can retreive them back it is just like scrabble
Re: Where Do All Our Deleted Files Go To? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 10, 2015
Lols... Asked myself this question severally without answer
Re: Where Do All Our Deleted Files Go To? by ITbomb(m): 8:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
Yes, it is transformed.

Each file occupies a data space (bit) identified by a header. When you delete a file, the file is still there but the header is marked empty so that it can be overwritten.
So when you save another file, the new file just over write the previous one and a new header is assigned to it to claim the space.

That is why you can use data recovery program to recover files but the more new files are saved and deleted, the most likely the older deleted file can never be recovered.

So it is transformed to another content ie overwritten with another content

3 Likes

Re: Where Do All Our Deleted Files Go To? by bawz012(m): 8:53pm On Dec 10, 2015
Freemanan:
Simple

"dimple"
Re: Where Do All Our Deleted Files Go To? by bawz012(m): 8:54pm On Dec 10, 2015
RealAdewole:
no where , u know the storage space is in a sequence of binary, it is just reorganisation of the code that is y u can retreive them back it is just like scrabble

hmmmm...
Re: Where Do All Our Deleted Files Go To? by bawz012(m): 8:55pm On Dec 10, 2015
ITbomb:
Yes, it is transformed.

Each file occupies a data space (bit) identified by a header. When you delete a file, the file is still there but the header is marked empty so that it can be overwritten.
So when you save another file, the new file just over write the previous own and a new header is assigned to it to claim the space.

That is why you can use data recovery program to recover files but the more new files are saved and deleted, the most likely the older deleted file can never be recovered.

So it is transformed to another contain ie overwritten with another content

Ohkay...
Re: Where Do All Our Deleted Files Go To? by weezii(m): 9:13pm On Dec 10, 2015
bawz012:

"dimple"
" pimple " : I believe itbomb has answered it all
Re: Where Do All Our Deleted Files Go To? by bawz012(m): 9:35pm On Dec 10, 2015
weezii:
" pimple " : I believe itbomb has answered it all
gaskiya. even tho i dnt really understand
Re: Where Do All Our Deleted Files Go To? by SurefireAsoOke: 9:38pm On Dec 10, 2015
...They go to the recycle bin #SHIKENA

For Aso-Oke, check my signature
Re: Where Do All Our Deleted Files Go To? by bawz012(m): 7:02am On Dec 11, 2015
SurefireAsoOke:
...They go to the recycle bin #SHIKENA

For Aso-Oke, check my signature

taarh!

(1) (Reply)

Haven For Techie Guys / Power Beta Alternator Booster Solo/mega For Sale / I Need A Brand New Mini Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.