Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Travel - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel (2979 Views)

How Much Does It Cost To Travel To Malaysia? / Places You Don't Want To Visit. / If You Want To Travel To Kenya, Malindi Is The Place. . ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travel by amirize(m): 8:43am On Jun 03, 2009
Please I need advice,

Do I need to re-apply to the embassy?
Re: Travel by eddy1977(m): 11:48am On Jun 03, 2009
they will grant her same benefits as well if you provide marriage certificate. in addition to that you need proof of financial support once in the USA. the way to do it is by getting in touch with someone you know in the USA, who can send you an affidavit of support.without the affidavit, you will be denied entry in the USA.

as soon as you and your woman make it to the land of barack magic obama, you will smile and thank God. america is an incredibly great nation to emigrate to. congratulation on your DV win and good luck. wink
Re: Travel by Geoffrey4u: 12:15pm On Jun 03, 2009
it is simple.just control your unbridle love for now.u go to USA first and to pick her lata
Re: Travel by Arlington(f): 12:45pm On Jun 03, 2009
My friends personal experience she went back there to say she was now married and they said it was a fake (you know our people collect money to be added as a spouse after you win the visa )and cancelled her visa and did not grant the guy the visa .so respect your self if you really want to come over to the USA don't go back there for anything once you get here arrange everything just take lots of pictures now that you guys are together in Nigeria save emails etc.
I know the love is hot now but you have a choice give up the visa and stay with her there or come over and bring her over!
But again everybody head different just do what your gut tells you ,make them no go say na me be destroyer of love grin
Re: Travel by benheart(f): 1:12pm On Jun 03, 2009
my advised for you is to go first and be sure you really love her like you claim, after the wedding, go to the state, then u can start preparing her movement to join me so that you wont use your own hand to spoil what God has just done for you. Am a woman, i no how she will feel but make her understand and dont break her heart, dont dissapoint because i had such expereince too. take care.
Re: Travel by denony(m): 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2009
Don't deny yourself this great opportunity.

You have to travel first, before thinking o bringing her over.
You telling them now that you are married will hinder your entry visa.
Re: Travel by ogogoro: 2:57pm On Jun 03, 2009
Visa lottery is still on? When people in the US are crying that they want to come back home?
Re: Travel by Rekky(f): 3:20pm On Jun 03, 2009
My Guy hw u take do am, abeg i won no.
Re: Travel by Uchek(m): 4:09pm On Jun 03, 2009
I need to ask you this question:

Have you gotten the visa or you are in the process of getting it?

If No, then you need to get married and get the visa at the same time. She may join you much later within the valid duration of the visa. At least that will reduce the travelling expense and give you some time to earn some money while in the States.

I advise you. Do not travel alone and believe you will file for her immediately. I REPEAT DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE.

You will remain separated for 5 years until you become a citizen.

My dad did it and it took the family 7 - 8 years to join him. So many of my friends are in the predicament.

The economical, physical and emotional cost is steep. With both of you travelling together, you can adjust easily and  leverage two earnings. Even the bible says two is better than one.

The only challenge is meeting the poverty threshold for two people. If you have some one that can help with financial affidavit of support, that will make things easier.

You can email me at ukoparah@yahoo.com if you need further clarification.

Remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: Travel by morpheus24: 4:41pm On Jun 03, 2009
you have two choices
First, marry that girl before you process your visa and risk K leg in the process. You may be lucky and everything goes smooth.

Second. process without her, get the visa, cross over and get green card. Once that is secured. I suggest looking for a job which you will work and save up money for a 7-8 month period. Go back to Nigeria and spend the remaining 4 to 5 months time with your "iyawo" so the feelings are not lost on both of you cause long distance relationship requires a lot of trust and the US is bad "temptation".

You can do this for a 4 1/2 year period till you file your paper work for your wifey by then una fit don marry for naija, born pickin sef and then slowly but surely all of you can cross over eventually. This alternative is very taxing but it really depends on how strong your love is.

Bottom line everything nah risk. Ti depends on which one you want to take
Re: Travel by Bbng(f): 5:02pm On Jun 03, 2009
Uchek:

I need to ask you this question:

Have you gotten the visa or you are in the process of getting it?

If No, then you need to get married and get the visa at the same time. She may join you much later within the valid duration of the visa. At least that will reduce the travelling expense and give you some time to earn some money while in the States.

I advise you. Do not travel alone and believe you will file for her immediately. I REPEAT DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE.

You will remain separated for 5 years until you become a citizen.

My dad did it and it took the family 7 - 8 years to join him. So many of my friends are in the predicament.

The economical, physical and emotional cost is steep. With both of you travelling together, you can adjust easily and leverage two earnings. Even the bible says two is better than one.

The only challenge is meeting the poverty threshold for two people. If you have some one that can help with financial affidavit of support, that will make things easier.

You can email me at ukoparah@yahoo.com if you need further clarification.

Remain blessed.

I agree with Uchek, best advise if you are just going for the visa.

Best thing though, prayerfully decide on what you need to do. With GOD, you can't go wrong!!!

All the best and keep us posted.

Peace!
Re: Travel by LFJ: 7:00pm On Jun 03, 2009
1.If you have receive your visa, there is nothing you can do for now except to wait for 5yrs when u will become a citizen.
2.If you are going for appointment i.e you have received your appointment letter, the same as in number one
3.if you are waiting for your letter of appointment, go to their web site and print the form ------- to inform them of change of status with evidence of marriage certificate.
With this, they are aware that you have married, if you inform them early your partner's name will be on your appointment letter but it was late you may not get reply from them but the embassy in Nigeria have that copy. When you receive your appointment letter and your partner's name is not there, never bother they are already aware that your status has change.
Go for interview with your partner with your affidavit of support and necessary requirement with this you will be fine.

NOTE:
If you are not very strong or you don't know much about each other please, let her stay for now. Try your best to come over; I can assure you that you will be fine, the initial stage may be tough but with time u will smile for any assistance get across to me on lateeffolu2000@yahoo.com. BEST OF LUCK.
Re: Travel by AjaraEwuro: 7:03pm On Jun 03, 2009
@Poster

I pity you. You never hear about the recession? Make you no go alone first, go see how easy, abi you think say winning American lottery na big thing? When others are coming home to look for job, you are just going to America, I bet you have a good job back here at home? Look, the recession is real, dont play with it.
Re: Travel by Pittbaby(f): 7:22pm On Jun 03, 2009
The recesion is real but people are still living here, just like they are in Africa, Go alone first, recession or no reccesion , it is common sense . Go first and see how things work out for you . You and your wife can not sleep on your family member's couch
Re: Travel by bigboyslim(m): 8:12pm On Jun 03, 2009
Worst time to come to america in my humble opinion. And if you really love that girl, you won't bring her to come and suffer with you. My advice is come alone and only if you have enough funds to support yourself for a minimum of 6 months or if you have family you can bunk with for the same duration. There is no quicker way to depression than being broke in america. That is all I can tell you.

Not trying to discourage you or anything. Talking from personal experience
Re: Travel by Uchek(m): 8:26pm On Jun 03, 2009
It amuses me when Nigerians - particularly at home (eg ;AjaraEwuro &Ogororo) bandy the arguement that Diaspora Nigerians are returning home in troves because of recession asuch people who desire to  travel out - even with golden opportunities such as visa lottery - are risking their life. The worst recession in other less developed third world countries - much more  U.S.A - is the best of economic times in Nigeria. Nigeria has been in recession for almost 50 years of its existense. What we have in Nigeria is not even recession or depression. Infact there is no word for it in English Language

Americans are crying and commiting suicide because of 9-10% of employment rate. In my beloved country Nigeria, we have lived with 80-90% unemployment rate since "time Imo river". Even with the recession in USA, the unemployed are pampered: they receive unemployment benefits, career  assistance,  financial support for skill acquisition and retraining, COBRA health insurance etc.

How many of  millions of unemployed Nigerians receive help from the three tiers of  government?

Please spare us those lame arguements!

Amirize, if you are apprehensive as a result of Arlington's story, then file alone and give a thought to morpheus24 advice.

But it all comes to God. Seek his face and he will direct your path.

P.S. I am returning back to Nigeria after 8 years in USA but it is not because of the recession

1 Like

Re: Travel by Pittbaby(f): 8:41pm On Jun 03, 2009
Uchek:

It amuses me when Nigerians - particularly at home (eg ;AjaraEwuro &Ogororo) bandy the arguement that Diaspora Nigerians are returning home in troves because of recession asuch people who desire to  travel out - even with golden opportunities such as visa lottery - are risking their life. The worst recession in other less developed third world countries - much more  U.S.A - is the best of economic times in Nigeria. Nigeria has been in recession for almost 50 years of its existense. What we have in Nigeria is not even recession or depression. Infact there is no word for it in English Language

Americans are crying and commiting suicide because of 9-10% of employment rate. In my beloved country Nigeria, we have lived with 80-90% unemployment rate since "time Imo river". Even with the recession in USA, the unemployed are pampered: they receive unemployment benefits, career  assistance,  financial support for skill acquisition and retraining, COBRA health insurance etc.

How many of  millions of unemployed Nigerians receive help from the three tiers of  government?

Please spare us those lame arguements!

Amirize, if you are apprehensive as a result of Arlington's story, then file alone and give a thought to morpheus24 advice.

But it all comes to God. Seek his face and he will direct your path.

P.S. I am returning back to Nigeria after 8 years in USA but it is not because of the recession

Thank you my broda , I could not have said it better If i said it myself . Common sense should dictate the decision to migrate to America not hysteria over a  recession or some unrealistic dreams about a land of Milk and Honey . I live in America and by the grace of God I am still living a good life and by His grace I will return HOME when the time is right for me .
Re: Travel by eddy1977(m): 12:20am On Jun 04, 2009
now brother AMIRISE (poster), you have heard from both sides those of us who are already in the usa and those of the other camp who are not. what is your take in this?
and a quick piece of advice, dont you think it would have been better for you to focus on your preparation of your usa trip before venturing into falling in love?
remember you got this opportunity by yourself, why add extra baggage? some people bring bad luck ( am not calling your woman a bad luck agent). or is this woman your sister or acquaintance who is trying to maximize their chances from your blessing? think twice my broda,

a few folks i know tried to add extra baggage to their file and they were lucky the embassy granted them the visas; but the reason they did it was not because of love, in fact there was no relatonship at all; they did it because of money. they had won the DV but had no money and no one to send them affidavit of support. so they added extra baggage for finances. one year after they got here, they filed for divorce to be free.

is this your case? you dont have to reply because this is internet. i understand.

like my other brothers and sisters said: good luck and hope you come here to the land of the free and the home of the brave. God bless the United States, God bless Nigeria, God bless u.
Re: Travel by platinumnk(f): 5:04am On Jun 04, 2009
interesting topic. we need more posts
Re: Travel by bintab(f): 5:56am On Jun 04, 2009
amirize:

Please I need advice, I won the american visa lottery and will be relocating to U.S this year ending
by God's grace. I fell in love with a girl and we are planning to get married soon.
Is it possible for me to relocate with her when I'm leaving?
Will they grant her Visa?
Do I need to re-apply for the embassy to know I'm now married and no longer single?

What do I really need to do to travel with her?

Sony
If you did not include your wife in the loto form as a dependent when you won it ,her visa will definitely be denied and you may also jeopardised your own visa this is a fact. It is better for you to come here first and later file a K1 visa for her ,you do not have to wait for a whole 5 years to become a citizen before you start the process,once you able support yourself and have been able to file your taxes for a 3 year period you are qualified to file for a depedant.
Re: Travel by wallex73(m): 10:27am On Jun 04, 2009
Well,i am going to tell you my personal experience here. Though i do not have any regret for loosing that opportunity but i once won the visa lottery and at the end of the day lost it. I applied as a single person considering how much i will spend with a family of four if i eventually win.I had a mind-set that if i eventually win,i will perfect my acts. I sure won the lottery and filling the form became an issue. I was left with some vital questions to answer.Was i ready to abandon the family and go alone to the US? And that if i won't fill- in the names of members of my family,will it be easy for me later on to bring them into the country? I was confused.At the end of it all,i made a declaration that i have two kids out of wedlock and that i will need to go with them. You know what? I was denied the visa. They read a portion of the regulation guarding the Lottery on non disclosure to back their denial and i had no case for not disclosing that earlier. I had resident permit of another country at that period and the denial had no effect on me and my family. In your case,don't add a baggage like someone have said. Go all alone and later start thinking about any other person. Good luck.
Re: Travel by eddy1977(m): 1:31pm On Jun 04, 2009
but where is the poster now?
give us ur feed back.
Re: Travel by Anabel(f): 7:38pm On Jun 04, 2009
well, u really have to start deciding within urself, wen u were introducing urself to her, do u mention anything about your visa lottery(guys luv to brag) cos that might be the 1 reason she is pretending she Luvs u cos if u see dat, you will want to leave with her and wen you get there she will not be the loving girl you used to know.
secondly if you see that there is notin like that, i will advice you to go there first, see wat the economy has in stock for you, if its favorable, then you come and get her. if she is destined to be your wife, for that little time you will use in doing this, she will wait for you and you only.
Re: Travel by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 04, 2009
you never even get the visa you don dey talk of to carry your girlfriend. you dey funny. u fit keep am with me when u travel, then when you come back you go carry go.
Re: Travel by dinggle: 11:47pm On Jun 04, 2009
@Anabel
You are either reckless with your words or you are telling us how you are. There are decent girls in Nigeria in the mist of waywardly brought up onces like urself. Dont put sand in an innocent girl's garri. Her guy is coming to America and obviously you can see he has love for her. So you go hussle your own man, even if it is ghana your man is able to go alone with you bear it.

@ Poster, keep ur intentions up. But i am affraid you will have to migrate without her for now and bring her in later. You will be able to frequent Nigeria on a yearly basis till she comes over. I wont advise you to add her now. However you can include her during your 2nd interview in America. Because you will still be asked if you have a wife and kid when you get to America during your interview for greencard. Then you can explained you got married before you left. At that point she might be included in your file as a secondary applicant, GOOD LUCK!!!
Dont make the mistake of following the wanabe naija girls when you get here, most of whom ignored their marriage vows in the hunt for the unknown.
Re: Travel by na2day2(m): 2:40am On Jun 05, 2009
@ poster

if u didnt originally put her in the beginning dont even think about it. u can have her engaged then when u reach here u let her apply for school or fiance visa or something or visiting visa then u both get married here, make it legal then she can start her paper work.
Re: Travel by Nezan(m): 11:56am On Jun 05, 2009
Get settled first b4 bringing her. No love blossoms in the midst of settlement crises.
Re: Travel by kshow1(m): 12:32pm On Jun 05, 2009
@ poster: there are two faces on the sides of a coin.
whichever way you decide just pray for God guidance.
Re: Travel by Iranoladun(f): 9:28am On Jun 09, 2009
@Poster Please go to the US alone for now. Like someone said, don't jeopardize your chance & visa. You may perform the traditional family introduction and engagement before your trip/relocation here in naija. Then arrange a visiting visa for her to visit then you get marry in the US; her visa process will become easier that way.
Re: Travel by airborneMD(m): 6:05am On Jun 11, 2009
Dude, forget praying to God or anything. The reality is that in order to bring her with you to the US you have to show that you can provide for her, above the poverty line. So for a family of two, i think thats about $34,000 a year. In reality, u can't live off $34,000 a year. Plus u have to get a job, so since u don't have one yet, you cant bring her, simple.

Plus its sad when Nigerians leave a good life back home and live like beggers over here, and trust me, there are a lot of them. So make sure u get ur shit straight before u bring her. I am 27yr old single army lieutenant and make i make $52,000 a year, call me selfish, but reality is that i am not getting involed with any chic that makes less than $40,000 a year, emmm the economy sucks right now, helooooo, Plus who knows, u might meet some chic over here.
Re: Travel by bobbyan(m): 3:12pm On Jun 12, 2009
hey bros,

i think u ve heard all what ppl have been saying, so go first and try to come back for her. OR u bone her marry white and make more money.
Re: Travel by ifele(m): 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2009
Good thing for a young man to be in love with a young woman and vice versa. Have you told her about the visa

lottery?Have you given her the gold-digger test becos there are some women who will abandon you once yu have

enriched them. The USA is not a Paradise dont let Nigerians deceive yu about this. The main reason they gave you

visa is becos they need workers. But it is up to yu to decide what kind of work you want to do. Dont do jobs that

are beneath your ability or dead end jobs for too long becos thats the system they have created to keep

immigrants and poor people (especially foreigners) down in poverty for life. You have to believe your worthy of

prosperity no matter how much they envy. If things go bad activate your escape plan. You gotta have an escape

plan. Above all be good to God YHVH and he will be good to you. Being a foreigner in a foreign country is not easy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nobody Dey Travel Go Italy Again?????? / Nairalander And Friends At Awka Wonderland & Park- PHOTOS / The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.