Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Travel - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel (2988 Views)

How Much Does It Cost To Travel To Malaysia? / Places You Don't Want To Visit. / If You Want To Travel To Kenya, Malindi Is The Place. . ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travel by stellaj(f): 3:11pm On Jun 15, 2009
Travel first, after getting there, the love you have for her will be tested, wink, If after 8 months living in the state, you still feel you can ''NOT'' live WITHOUT her, travel back to nigeria and marry her, there are too many divorce in the world, Besides, if you marry her before you leave Nigeria, getting a visa for her afterward will be harder, best of luck mate.
Re: Travel by amirize(m): 9:14pm On Jun 18, 2009
Thanks u all for ya advice, am grateful.
Re: Travel by agathamari(f): 8:20pm On Jul 10, 2009
i am a US citizen by birth. i married a nigerian and have been living in nigeria for a year now. getting a visa for a spouce is not very easy. your best chance is when you are in the US, hire an imigration lawyer. it can cost you up to $8000 in legal fees but it makes the process easier. mind you bringing over a spouce can take over 5 years in some cases. i know several couples from various countries who have gone through the process.
Re: Travel by agathamari(f): 8:30pm On Jul 10, 2009
Uchek:

It amuses me when Nigerians - particularly at home (eg ;AjaraEwuro &Ogororo) bandy the arguement that Diaspora Nigerians are returning home in troves because of recession asuch people who desire to travel out - even with golden opportunities such as visa lottery - are risking their life. The worst recession in other less developed third world countries - much more U.S.A - is the best of economic times in Nigeria. Nigeria has been in recession for almost 50 years of its existense. What we have in Nigeria is not even recession or depression. Infact there is no word for it in English Language

Americans are crying and commiting suicide because of 9-10% of employment rate. In my beloved country Nigeria, we have lived with 80-90% unemployment rate since "time Imo river". Even with the recession in USA, the unemployed are pampered: they receive unemployment benefits, career assistance, financial support for skill acquisition and retraining, COBRA health insurance etc.

How many of millions of unemployed Nigerians receive help from the three tiers of government?

Please spare us those lame arguements!

Amirize, if you are apprehensive as a result of Arlington's story, then file alone and give a thought to morpheus24 advice.

But it all comes to God. Seek his face and he will direct your path.

P.S. I am returning back to Nigeria after 8 years in USA but it is not because of the recession

what would you have me tell my friends in teh US who have lost thier homes? those who havent worked in 2 years and dont qualify for ANY govenment assistance (very difficult to qualify. less then 5% of applicants get help)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwara State Border With Benin Republic / Needs Visa Urgently / Path To US Citizenship For F1 Students Through The Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.