Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,176 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out (13993 Views)

Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Is Coming Soon, See Rumored Specs And Images / Specifications Of The New Gionee S6s And Price / The Gionee S Plus Punches Way Above Its Weight (HOT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by jamesbanjo(m): 7:13am On Dec 24, 2015
Hey bro.
av yu rooted yurs??
MikeMoses:
I bought mine yesterday, the phone is simply AWESOME!
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by Smone(m): 8:33am On Dec 24, 2015
Just an advice to an heavy user. The ba3 is li-polymer and discharge quickly more dan li-ion. For an heavy user, u can't enjoy d phone but if u ain't. ..go for it. Everything else is good except the ba3. I used it for 5 days and sold it the 6th day. Now using m5

1 Like

Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by Joered63: 9:59am On Dec 24, 2015
Smone:
Just an advice to an heavy user. The ba3 is li-polymer and discharge quickly more dan li-ion. For an heavy user, u can't enjoy d phone but if u ain't. ..go for it. Everything else is good except the ba3. I used it for 5 days and sold it the 6th day. Now using m5

How much did u buy ur m5 and are u experiencing any force closing of apps or games?
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by tomjerry123: 10:29am On Dec 24, 2015
you are so handsome grin grin grin grin grin grin
MikeMoses:
I bought mine yesterday, the phone is simply AWESOME!
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by 2Brave: 10:34am On Dec 24, 2015
Add me up to d whatapps group 08037970103
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by Leorichy: 11:02am On Dec 24, 2015
vicshownero:

What's wrong with all this phone manufacturer self, why put 3gig ram on the net while actually its 2gig ram, i don't get the rationale for lying. Does the phone support otg update?

Can someone choose for me between this phone , infinix zero 3,infinix note 2 and xiaomi redmi note 3...... I don't know which one to go for

i think you are the one getting it wrong bro,for reading shitty nigerian blogs,that can't differentiate between the variant meant for india and the one meant for Nigeria,how will they know thougH,when they just copy and paste articles!

The 3g ram is for india market,while the 2g ram is for Naija!
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by Joered63: 1:49pm On Dec 24, 2015
Why is it so difficult for someone to give a review about this phone plssss? How long does the battery last under heavy usage
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by augster(m): 2:06pm On Dec 24, 2015
Joered63:
Why is it so difficult for someone to give a review about this phone plssss? How long does the battery last under heavy usage
you don‘t need to worry na since it comes with two batteries
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by karferguso(m): 2:38pm On Dec 24, 2015
I think the phone battery is okay... it will last a day on moderate usage... it does not discharge very fast.. I've not tried it on heavy usage. it performs up to expectation and u have the option of holding a spare or use a power bank.
.. but if u want beauty...go for the S plus. It looks very good. The face unlock works pretty good too.. will do a full review one of these days
And the m5 is not as heavy as they made it look like
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by karferguso(m): 2:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
augster:
you don‘t need to worry na since it comes with two batteries
u mean a spare or what?

1 Like

Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by augster(m): 3:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
karferguso:

u mean a spare or what?
yeah there are two batteries in the pali cheesy of gionee s plus
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by karferguso(m): 3:58pm On Dec 24, 2015
augster:
yeah there are two batteries in the pali cheesy of gionee s plus
I don't get you... I own a Gionee S plus... and it comes with a single ba3

1 Like

Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by augster(m): 4:19pm On Dec 24, 2015
karferguso:

I don't get you... I own a Gionee S plus... and it comes with a single ba3
mogreen22:
I just got mine last week and overall it's been amazing. I am not much if a gamer so don't know much in that department. The multitasking is superb. I am more of twitter, instagram snapchat. They all open very smoothly simultaneously. Battery life too is awesome. The phone even comes with two batteries. The camera on the phone is the best I have used so far. You should get it. I would drop a review soon
that‘s your answer
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by akingold2: 4:37pm On Dec 24, 2015
where can i get the phone. could not find it on slot website
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by MikeMoses(m): 5:43pm On Dec 24, 2015
jamesbanjo:
Hey bro. av yu rooted yurs??
I have not root it, and I don't plan to. The phone is OK without rooting.
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by Smone(m): 5:54pm On Dec 24, 2015
Joered63:

How much did u buy ur m5 and are u experiencing any force closing of apps or games?

Add me on bbm(5C2D0D73) to help u solve that. ..just simple settings
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by Vicar2015(m): 6:05pm On Dec 24, 2015
not sure i want to do same too, i agree with you
MikeMoses:

I have not root it, and I don't plan to. The phone is OK without rooting.
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by Vicar2015(m): 6:08pm On Dec 24, 2015
fOUND THIS ON TECHCABAL AND COPIED AS IS

This Is The Gionee S Plus

BY BANKOLE OLUWAFEMI
GADGETS, MOBILEDECEMBER 22, 2015

Gio-who?
Gionee. Yes, not many of you have heard of this particular Chinese OEM. I think we’ve done only one Gionee device review to date. But Gionee is back. And this time with a sleek-looking, mid-range Android device that could pass for a “flagship killer” from far away…whatever those are.
This is the Gionee S Plus. So far, I like what I see.
Specs

Released in November 2015, the Gionee S Plus’ specifications put it squarely in mid-range territory. It’s got 2 gigabytes of RAM, 16 GB internal memory, a 5.5 inch AMOLED capacitive screen, rear and front cameras, 13 and 5 megapixels respectively, dual sim (of course), FM radio, micro SD slot, the usual connectivity options (plus 4G LTE), a giant 3150mAh battery, Android 5.1 Lollipop, blah blah blah…
Nothing on the spec list particularly sticks out. Except that battery, which I’m going to be looking out for. I must admit that 4G LTE on a device of this range is also interesting. Full spec rundown can be found here.
What’s in the box?
The box looks like there isn’t a lot in it. Until you open it, and find that there is more stuff in there than you’d expect. So you’ve got your phone, earbuds whose shape I don’t particularly like, a type-C USB cord and two pin charging adapter.
Then, you’ve got the extras. A screen protector, a transparent phone case, and a matte black flip case. Yep, there are two cases to choose from. Too bad you can’t use them at the same time, haha. But thanks, Gionee. It turns out that putting lots of stuff in the box is standard Gionee MO.

The phone’s chassis is ridiculously light. But put the battery in, and then you feel a familiar heft to it. The battery is massive, and I’m hoping that it’s not big for nothing. We’ll see how it holds up in the full review.

Battery, two sim slots and micro SD slot in plastic chassis, encased with metal.
The phone’s build is solid. With a plastic, diamond-patterned back and metal chassis, it doesn’t quite scream premium. But you won’t be hiding this in your pocket either. If anything, the Gionee S Plus wants to be held in full view, because it is a rather handsome-looking device.

Black trim around the bezel creates the illusion of an end-to-end screen, which is pleasing to look at when the screen is off, but is quickly dispelled when it comes on. Nonetheless, I can’t hate it. I kind of wish I’d gotten the blue one instead of the gold one though. Too flashy for my liking. Lucky for me, the black flip case mutes the flash, so I’m happy.

Camera, flash and speaker jack

It’s a large phone, compared to my iPhone 6. I’m struggling to grip it. The left side is completely featureless.

Volume rocker and power button on the left side

Type-C USB connector and adaptor. Said to help charge and transfer data faster. There’s a stern warning to not charge with any other type of cable.
The more I use this phone, the more I think it could grow on me. I am a stock Android snob, one who is not easily impressed by even the highest end non-Nexus devices. We got the mid-range Mi4 recently, and I didn’t give it a second look, even though the whole of India and China seem to be crazy about it. I think it’s because most of these phones make it impossible to change the default OEM skin to look like stock Android without an extremely invasive hack, that is know as rooting. Gionee seems to be different. I had no trouble installing the Google Now Launcher and taking the default Amiibo OS out of view.
There is still the matter of bloatware to deal with, but I’m considerably freer to enjoy this device now. I’ve also noticed a lot of Gionee UI/UX features that promise to be useful, from keyboard functions to facial recognition. Looking good.
Pricing and availability
How much does the Gionee S Plus cost? I’m guessing somewhere just under $300. If I’m right, this device will be a must-buy. As to availability, I believe I will have that information by the time I’m done with the full review.
Wanna talk or ask questions about the Gionee S Plus? Great? Let’s talk about it on Radar.

Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by Vicar2015(m): 6:10pm On Dec 24, 2015
More pictures from techcabal

Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by karferguso(m): 6:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
augster:
that‘s your answer
That's most likely a mistake..i've not seen anyone with the same claim
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by augster(m): 6:44pm On Dec 24, 2015
karferguso:

That's most likely a mistake..i've not seen anyone with the same claim
kindly read through the previous page...about two people said it
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by karferguso(m): 6:51pm On Dec 24, 2015
augster:
kindly read through the previous page...about two people said it
That mean say they don dupe me be that..na only one battery come with this one

1 Like

Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by augster(m): 7:54pm On Dec 24, 2015
karferguso:

That mean say they don dupe me be that..na only one battery come with this one
e no mean...i‘m sure that one battery na die
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by karferguso(m): 8:03pm On Dec 24, 2015
augster:
e no mean...i‘m sure that one battery na die
Any which way sha... but I no too sure about the quick charge feature of the USB type C... it took about 3 hrs from 20-100%
......90-100% was the slowest... close to an HR... maybe na because say na the first charging be that
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by MikeMoses(m): 10:01pm On Dec 24, 2015
tomjerry123:
you are so handsome grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by shakaz(m): 11:15pm On Dec 24, 2015
got mine yesterday at finet store port Harcourt and it has been a great experience so far.. just feeling sad now knowing that mine was just a single battery and some peeps got two.
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by karferguso(m): 11:32pm On Dec 24, 2015
shakaz:
got mine yesterday at finet store port Harcourt and it has been a great experience so far.. just feeling sad now knowing that mine was just a single battery and some peeps got two.
I don't even know if their info is reliable... it was not advertised to have 2 battery

1 Like

Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by Mattex001(m): 11:55pm On Dec 24, 2015
drss:
Abeg how much i fit get a fairly used samsung galaxy note2 64GB version

i wanna sell my note3 32gb white with 3 fresh pouch very cheap
buzz me on 09092989936
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by KaffyK(f): 4:17am On Dec 25, 2015
yes. it come with two batteries. and the two both of dem are good
vicshownero:

2 in it as in? Are you saying the phone comes with two batteries?
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by shakaz(m): 9:39am On Dec 25, 2015
karferguso:

I don't even know if their info is reliable... it was not advertised to have 2 battery
called finet comm. port Harcourt today and was told it only comes with a single battery that only a fake brand that are unsure of their battery that will come with two batteries.
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by mogreen22: 10:45am On Dec 25, 2015
tomjerry123:
two battery and fast charge
The fast charge is courtesy the usb type C. i just keep falling in love with the phone everytime i touch it
Re: The New Gionee S Plus Is Out, Check It Out by Agboki: 10:52am On Dec 25, 2015
4 pple wey dey lie d fone only comes wit single bat3 i bought mine few days after it was announced and i broke every seal and tore every nylon on it myself!d bat3 na 3150 and it last normal even on heavy usage my data is always on on 3g bt d fone na die!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

The Ultimate Android Studio Tutorial For Beginners / 10 Ways To Keep Phones Safe From Hackers / How Does Call Divert Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.