Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Pray For WHO? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Pray For WHO? (502 Views)

Pray For Me - Philad Blog / Pray For Consistency, By Anothernigerian / Pray For Me(funny Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pray For WHO? by ellatohsure(f): 11:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
Since the attacks on Paris happened, this popular phrase “pray for Paris” got me thinking as it went viral on social media.

All of a sudden the world went sympathetic for the country and its inhabitants. As people hoisted profile pictures which suggested the phrase and updated their status in like fashion.

Don’t get me wrong, I am a strong believer of the whole ‘pray for Paris’ crusade. Of course the apostle Paul rightly said “I would that prayers and supplication be lifted up for all men”.

But strangely, my mind became obsessed with the idea of these tragic happenings. Similarly, Nigeria has been experiencing very disturbing attacks for quite some time now, courtesy of the terrorists group Boko Haram.

And yet we didn’t think they deserve PRAYERS? From the slaughtering of high school students, burning villages and the kidnapping of the chibok girls. And all they got as support was “Bring back our girls”.

Which is interesting, because Ghana experienced a major setback, when the floods came in conjunction with the explosion at the fuel station on June 3rd, 2015 at circle, Accra.
And yet, besides the wave of fear and shock many experienced, not many thought it was worth campaigning for a “Pray for Ghana”.

Interestingly, we find very alarming situations funny or rather cool to make jokes about. Suddenly, everyone with a smart phone can send in a tweet or the hash tag about the occurrence, and you are seen to know what’s trending.

However, people found it quite fancy when a couple of celebrities gathered to hold a parade on the energy crisis being experienced in Ghana “Dumsor must stop” which was held in high regard by the people. For many, the idea was quite entertaining, as they could only see what their political extractions allowed them to.

Torrents of thoughts go through my mind when I think of the love man holds for his kind. Funny world we live in; when one person dies we say it’s a tragedy, but when people die, it’s called a statistics.

A man employs another man as his security for the fear of his fellow man. Where can the love of the African for Africa be found? This is a call to uphold and cherish our own.

Source:www.ellablogpedia.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Write A Book Based On My Experience As A Call Centre Agent / THE CHIBOK GIRLS! (non-fictional Narrative Of The Chibok Girls) / Please, Buy My Newly Published Book By Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.