Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

How To Reveal Hidden Or Shortened Urls - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Reveal Hidden Or Shortened Urls (502 Views)

10 Hidden Features In Google Chrome You Didn't Know About / How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Drive / For PC Guru: How To Reveal Or Hid Desktop Icon From Preying Eyes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Reveal Hidden Or Shortened Urls by Chiansyplatform(m): 9:52am On Dec 11, 2015
If you are not new to Social Media, you would have notice that when it comes to advertising, most people take to social media because of the leverage of reach.
[img]http://1.bp..com/-odeGxhUP-gc/VbKJh2UZOQI/AAAAAAAAAOw/54MkqF5C9nc/s1600/reavel%2Bhidden%2Burls.png[/img]

I am on different social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc. Being on social media has a lot of advantages and of course comes with a lot of headache too. For example, on Twitter and Facebook, I get a lot of tweets and messages asking me to check out one URL or the other.

It is a common practice in twitter for instance to shorten ones URL owing to the fact that a tweet can only accommodate 140 characters and some website/webpage URL can be annoyingly very long, hence the need to shorten them.
The Challenge is that some of these shortened URLs are genuine while most are complete spam. Clicking on the links might expose your facebook account, twitter account and even your email account to hacking. It might also be a source of malware to your computer and mobile devices. Hence the need to confirm the real URL behind the shortened one.

Here is How To know the real url behind the shortened or hidden url: http://www.chiansyplatform.com/2015/07/how-to-reveal-hidden-or-shortened-urls.html

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help Tonight / Newly Produced Apple System / Sales!!! Sales!!! Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.