Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Had Jonathan Won March 28 Election. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Had Jonathan Won March 28 Election. (483 Views)

Bolaji Abdullahi "On A Platter Of Gold" Cover – How Jonathan Won & Lost Nigeria / Shocking! Jonathan Won 2015 Presidential Election, Our Resistance Group Fought T / Had Jonathan Won Naira Would Be 1000 Naira To A Dollar -- President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Had Jonathan Won March 28 Election. by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 11, 2015
With the current state of incessant bomb attacks, I can’t imagine what Nigeria would have be had Jonathan won March 28 2015 election. Prior to that election, many were of the believe that Jonathan was directly or indirectly connected with the terrorist group perhaps because of Ali Modu Sherrif saga, 15 million arm saga and few others. Some were of the opinion that he was sponsoring sect in order to reduce the population of opposition stronghold on Election Day or to cause instability on Election Day in order to disenfranchise many eligible voters. Some were also of the opinion that Mr. Jonathan deliberately allowed the sect to gain power by holding large chunk of land and prevent the possibility of election in these areas. But however speculations were proven wrong as election approached nearer, any right thinking person should be able to relate the following points with those speculations.
(1)It has never happened in history that a president was elected on the record of sponsoring terrorism; terrorism is a monster that any right thinking person should reject. With the little experience I have concerning election victories, I have never came across a situation where a president was elected on the record of sponsoring terrorist sect. if terrorism was true criteria for such process Jonathan should have won march 28 election if truly he was sponsoring terrorism.
(2)If Jonathan was with the opinion of reducing opposition stronghold population, he wouldn’t have allowed the then INEC chairman to create polling units in IDP’S camp and if he was with the opinion of causing chaos on Election Day. There would have been several bomb attacks on Election Day.
(3)If truly he had the opinion of allowing the terrorist sect to wax stronger and be able to hold large chunk of land, he wouldn’t have postpone the election by 6 weeks in the name of reducing the strength of the terrorist sect.
(4)If 9.3 million arm deals was reality, South Africa wouldn’t have ceased another 5.7 million dollar. And further more PRN Nigeria wouldn’t have come in defense of Col Sambo Dansuki after the money was returned by South Africa immediately Buhari assumed office.
Election period has come and gone, many are now beginning to think otherwise; those thinking terrorism was to scuttle Jonathan success are now wondering why the terrorist still persist. Why those thinking Jonathan was the mastermind are also wondering why the terrorist still persist. Terrorism in any form is what everyone should condemn rather politicizing it for political gain, there several reasons individuals can use as an excuse to deny Jonathan second term, corruption is one tangible reason that anybody can reason with. Had northern leaders rise above ethnic challenge and support the then federal government in fight against terrorist, Boko Haram would have been thing of past because it was still at juvenile stage. But with negligence they have grown into cancerous monster that only God can define their faith. Had Jonathan won march 28 election Nigeria would have been on the edge of collapse with the recent increase in terrorist attack, and the mentality of Jonathan connection with Boko haram. But with current situation many Nigerians can now describe the true picture of terrorism.
If I were Buhari special aid on security issues, I would advise him against setting time frame for counter insurgency operation, should December deadline elapse with continuity of terrorism, Nigerians will begin losing hope in Buhari style of leadership. More so this time frame will enhance the terrorist on how to re strategies and defeat presidential deadline. Honesty is the key criteria that determine governance efficiency, Abdulsalam is one of the respected Nigeria leaders because he promised to return power to civilian in 1999 and he did so, Obasanjo was well respected during second republic because he promised Nigeria civil rule in 1979 and also did so. I’m afraid should Boko Haram menace exceed the December deadline, but with God all things are possible I wish Nigeria army be able to defeat them before the deadline.
Re: Had Jonathan Won March 28 Election. by kejes10: 11:33am On Dec 11, 2015
Everything for scatter scatter.....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Today, I Asked God To Dasuki Me / APC Slams Governor Fayose Over Alleged Blackmail / Man Threatens To Kill Donald Trump Over 'muslim Ban' Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.