Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,117 members, 7,860,029 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:44 AM

Why We Are Yet To Disclose Details Of Corrupt Officials Returning Stolen Funds — - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Are Yet To Disclose Details Of Corrupt Officials Returning Stolen Funds — (380 Views)

I won't disclose details of my discussion with Buhari - Osibanjo / Looters Burying Stolen Funds In Forests, Burial Grounds – FG / Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why We Are Yet To Disclose Details Of Corrupt Officials Returning Stolen Funds — by Franchise21(m): 6:15pm On Dec 11, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday explained why his administration was yet to release names of corrupt former officials of the past administration who voluntarily surrendered their loot.
Speaking in Abuja at this year’s edition of the annual Osigwe Anyiam-Osigwe Foundation Lecture, President Buhari said “any disclosure now may jeopardize the possibility of bigger recoveries”.
Mr. Buhari said, “As I stated recently, a good number of people who abused their positions are voluntarily returning the illicit funds. I have heard it said that we should disclose the names of the people, and the amount returned.
“Yes, in due course, the Central Bank of Nigeria will make information available to the public on the surrendered funds, but I must remark that it is yet early days, and any disclosure now may jeopardize the possibility of bigger recoveries.
“But we owe Nigerians adequate information, and it shall come in due course. It is part of the collective effort to change our land from the bastion of corruption it currently is, to a place of probity and transparency.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/194973-why-we-are-yet-to-disclose-details-of-corrupt-officials-returning-stolen-funds-buhari.html

(1) (Reply)

Video: USA 1st Lady Mitchell Obama Turns Rapper, See Video Of Her Song / Money From Dasuki To Buhari Not Statuary Entitlement / Nigerian Troops Kill Boko Haram Amir And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.