Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Who Are The Illushi People? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Are The Illushi People? (8796 Views)

Where Are The Illushi's? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by Igboid: 9:59pm On Oct 10, 2016
martha89:
. Igbo thief always trying to claim what doesn't belong to them. Liar Esanland has no border with igala,they migrate there and they can go back to kogi. Please go fight your Biafra and leave ua alone

They migrated long ago to that part of Edo state. Before the coming of the colonials. That makes them bonafide owners of their land.
We all migrated from somewhere.

Inyelen is another of such Igala towns with Igbo mix in Edo.
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by martha89: 1:55am On Oct 11, 2016
Igboid:

They migrated long ago to that part of Edo state. Before the coming of the colonials. That makes them bonafide owners of their land.
We all migrated from somewhere.

Inyelen is another of such Igala towns with Igbo mix in Edo.
Go get a life there is no Igbo in Edo state period, annoying branch of people. You are definitely igala because why will this concern you in the first place or some igbo's don't know how to mind their business as usual.
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by martha89: 2:02am On Oct 11, 2016
Igbo's or igala don't have a land and they will never have but only in their dream.
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
martha89:
Igbo's or igala don't have a land and they will never have but only in their dream.
ma'am this singular comments of yours is feud igniting... we own this land we own this land by 100yrs from now the future generation would dig ridges over our tomb....above all everything is vanity.
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by martha89: 11:17pm On Oct 11, 2016
remiiko:
ma'am this singular comments of yours is feud igniting... we own this land we own this land by 100yrs from now the future generation would dig ridges over our tomb....above all everything is vanity.
Illushi (Ozigono) is Esan,have always been and so shall it be,you migrate there doesn't mean you own it. Edo central is almost 90% Esan while the rest are non native living there and so how are you going to take the land from them?. I was not even reffering to you but the Igbo guy has no business here.. No land was taken and it always has been part of us. Lol all because this land have a big sea causing this nosense argument.
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 12, 2016
martha89:
Illushi (Ozigono) is Esan,have always been and so shall it be,you migrate there doesn't mean you own it. Edo central is almost 90% Esan while the rest are non native living there and so how are you going to take the land from them?. I was not even reffering to you but the Igbo guy has no business here.. No land was taken and it always has been part of us. Lol all because this land have a big sea causing this nosense argument.
orynt...ma'am am planning on marrying an ugboha girl lemme see if you would sey my kids are not a land owner....if you dare emmm....BARR SERGUIS OGUN must hear this...
.lolz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by martha89: 10:12am On Oct 12, 2016
remiiko:
orynt...ma'am am planning on marrying an ugboha girl lemme see if you would sey my kids are not a land owner....if you dare emmm....BARR SERGUIS OGUN must hear this...
.lolz
Obhio peace, we are one and its good to be mixed ,there is nothing wrong with mixed people like illushi ,check ondo with ijaws,Lagos, Edo south etc. ! Bha doo. Peace brother!
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 12, 2016
martha89:
Obhio peace, we are one and its good to be mixed ,there is nothing wrong with mixed people like illushi ,check ondo with ijaws,Lagos, Edo south etc. ! Bha doo. Peace brother!
ahhh oqwo osenebula rekpa weh.in our tongue (ojo ke torqwale)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by Klinee: 1:29pm On Oct 12, 2016
Illushis are bilingual, they speak mainly Igala and Igbo but never esan.Ozigono(a neighboring village to illushi) speak mainly Igala, esan and Igbo. The two towns are
well-known in farming cannabis and other farm products.
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by Justiceleague1: 6:58am On Oct 14, 2016
martha89:
ònokhuo...grin

op,am uromi buh dont know much about illushi but i know of and love illushi fish..grin
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by martha89: 8:09am On Oct 14, 2016
Justiceleague1:

ònokhuo...grin

op,am uromi buh dont know much about illushi but i know of and love illushi fish..grin
Iol I have made peace with our brother.it was the igboid guy that was irritating me.
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by bigfrancis21: 8:18am On Oct 15, 2016
Klinee:
Illushis are bilingual, they speak mainly Igala and Igbo but never esan.Ozigono(a neighboring village to illushi) speak mainly Igala, esan and Igbo. The two towns are

Igbo too? What dialect of Igbo do they speak?
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by OMAR12: 4:32am On Oct 16, 2016
martha89:
Iol I have made peace with our brother.it was the igboid guy that was irritating me.
no body side ilushi or whatever was Igbo. why go to the extreme with ur comment. the op sorted an answer to his question and the best We can do is profer the answer according to the best of our knowledge, you are an esan woman I guess and u must have heard about the ilushi or whatever, the best u can do is correct him with fact and concrete analysis.. what has Biafra got to do with This now. was this tread opened by an Igbo person. av told my fellow Igbo brothers do u comment on cultural thread that does not concern the mainstream Igbo community. if at all yo interested in that thread just kindly follow the thread.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by bigfrancis21: 8:44pm On Feb 27, 2017
Klinee:

Thank you for this. What of Inyelen community, what languages do they speak?
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by martha89: 2:55pm On Feb 28, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Thank you for this. What of Inyelen community, what languages do they speak?
its an Esanland and so shall it be..igbo population is big enough thanks..
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by Monkeydeychop: 2:15am On Mar 01, 2017
martha89:
. Igbo thief always trying to claim what doesn't belong to them. Liar Esanland has no border with igala,they migrate there and they can go back to kogi. Please go fight your Biafra and leave ua alone

Shebi I told you? Yet you're attacking me on my post for saying something similar. They are trying to take over esan land. I saw biafrans including parts of esan land as theirs. Whether I am esan or not is of no concern. Edo people should wake up. Edo exit now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by poweredcom(m): 9:44pm On May 04, 2019
Pointed
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by Revolva(m): 9:56pm On May 04, 2019
Illushi is a town dominated by igalas and igala is widely spoken

That is where my grand father settled from.idah and till today father have a house there ok

I know it's a market town where igala Nupes ijaw igbos and other tribes come.to.market

I know it's originally owned by the esans but it's has been taken over by the igala speaking and mixture of all other smaller tribes that settled

So make una relax ok

We r all Nigerians ok

martha89:

Hey are u blind river Niger that separates illushi from ibaji Kogi nkor u r too myopic is that not a border
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by remi1444: 9:34am On May 05, 2019
Revolva:

That is where my grand father settled from.idah and till today father have a house there ok

I know it's a market town where igala Nupes ijaw igbos and other tribes come.to.market

I know it's originally owned by the esans but it's has been taken over by the igala speaking and mixture of all other smaller tribes that settled

So make una relax ok

We r all Nigerians ok

Hey are u blind river Niger that separates illushi from ibaji Kogi nkor u r too myopic is that not a border

Sir I may know you though, you're sounding like someone I've met before.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by Revolva(m): 11:11am On May 05, 2019
remi1444:
Sir I may know you though, you're sounding like someone I've met before.

Where I don't think so
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by remi1444: 11:16am On May 05, 2019
Revolva:

Where I don't think so
toh... I was thinking maybe we've met before at Ofuloko.
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 05, 2019
IdisuleOurOwn:

Can we say that they are Igbos or Igalas?

They are igalas and have more ties with esan.
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 05, 2019
Revolva:

So make una relax ok

We r all Nigerians ok

Her point was clear, they are not igbos....I agree.

She said they are esan and domicile in esan land mannd may have migrated.

Also kogi aspect is fully igala...
So which means the Ilushi. Are esan/ igala.

And not anything related to igbos.

Another eye opener.
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by Revolva(m): 1:44pm On May 05, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Her point was clear, they are not igbos....I agree.

She said they are esan and domicile in esan land mannd may have migrated.

Also kogi aspect is fully igala...
So which means the Ilushi. Are esan/ igala.

And not anything related to igbos.

Another eye opener.

You are everywhere looking for trouble

She is a way right but she said Kogi state did not share border with Edo state

That sound too foolish

Illushi is the last end of Edo state close to river Niger then you enter ibaji Kogi state ok
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by Revolva(m): 1:45pm On May 05, 2019
remi1444:
toh... I was thinking maybe we've met before at Ofuloko.

I don't know Ofuloko never been there
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 05, 2019
Revolva:

You are everywhere looking for trouble

She is a way right but she said Kogi state did not share border with Edo state

That sound too foolish

Illushi is the last end of Edo state close to river Niger then you enter ibaji Kogi state ok

Alright, as far as there is no igbo link, am okay with the history.
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by Revolva(m): 2:11pm On May 05, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Alright, as far as there is no igbo link, am okay with the history.

Igbo came to illushi to trade that all they don't have any settlement there also ijaws n other tribe along the Niger

Only igalas can claim illushi cos they settled there till date

Mr igbo defender I am not a bigot like you because I know the truth
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by Nobody: 7:08am On May 06, 2019
Revolva:

Igbo came to illushi to trade that all they don't have any settlement there also ijaws n other tribe along the Niger

Only igalas can claim illushi cos they settled there till date

Mr igbo defender I am not a bigot like you because I know the truth

I said as far as u don't rump igbos into ur little history book again, am okay with it.
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by Collins300(m): 10:15pm On Jan 28, 2020
Abeg oo ,Illushi don't speak Ibaji-igala.our own igala is mix with our Esan neigbour.I don't even understand the ibaji-igala self.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by Ucheojo: 2:46pm On Jan 09
Illushi is a village in Uloshi land.... Uloshi or Uroh as they nickname it, is an Igala community situated in Esan South East LGA, Edo state. Illushi is only a commercial hub in the entire Uloshi land. Outside the indigenes living in Illushi. There are other ethnic groups surrounding us. I am an indigenes of this [color=#000000][/color]place
Re: Who Are The Illushi People? by Ucheojo: 2:48pm On Jan 09
Collins300:
Abeg oo ,Illushi don't speak Ibaji-igala.our own igala is mix with our Esan neigbour.I don't even understand the ibaji-igala self.

You're wrong. Our language is Igala.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Yoruba People Help Me With This Word In Meaning / Marriage And Divorce Culture In Igbo Land. / African Identity Crisis: A Must Read For All.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.