Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary (26195 Views)

2 Okada Men Die In Imo Accident While Bringing Corpse Home From Mortuary / Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). / Two Bodies Recovered From The Bristow Helicopter Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by dre11(m): 9:07pm On Dec 11, 2015
A possible breakdown of law and order at the Benin City Central Hospital, was averted by the police on Friday, following the mysterious disappearance of two corpses from the hospital morgue.

It was gathered that relatives of the deceased persons had gone to the hospital on Thursday to collect the corpses for burial when they discovered that they were missing from the hospital mortuary.
The discovery caused stair and confusion at the hospital, as no one could offer reasonable explanation to the deceased families.

Michael Idemudia, the eldest son of one of the deceased, who spoke on behalf of the family, said his father died while he was being taken to the hospital for treatment.
He explained that his 54-years-old dead father, a retired police officer, was deposited in the mortuary on the 18 November, 2015. He said he went to collect his clothes on the 21st of same month but could not understand why the corpse will be missing on the day of the burial when arrangements have been made.

Idemudia alleged the hospital management was doing nothing about it, rather they locked everywhere.

“My name is Idemudia Michael. I live at 23, Omomo Street off St. Saviour Road. He is my father, and we are from Ovia North-East local government area.

“We brought the corpse on the 18th of November, 2015 to this hospital. We were rushing him to the hospital when he gave up and we brought him here. When he died, we were looking for money to burial him. We came to check on the 21st when they called me to come pick up his clothes.

“About two days ago, we came to clear the bills and we had no chance to check him again because we were in a hurry. That is where we made the mistake of not checking him. When we came on Thursday to carry the corpse, it was nowhere to be found and the burial is Thursday and Friday.

“The hospital management said we should take it easy that they are going to investigate the matter,” Idemudia said.
The family of late Lawrence Agbonlahor, whose body is also allegedly missing from the hospital mortuary, also narrated the suffering they have been made to go through as a result of the incident.

The younger brother of the deceased, Friday Agbonlahor, said he saw brother’s corpse three days ago and could not understand how it suddenly disappeared.

“In this country, everything you suffer even the dead, to collect the corpse. I came to see it twice in not less than three weeks to ensure that they take care of it. Only for us to come today (Friday) to remove the corpse and it is nowhere to be found.

“On Monday we saw the corpse and even on Thursday when we made preparation for the burial, they said we should not see it since the burial is on Friday.

“This morning somebody came to tell us that there is a problem in the mortuary because of missing corpse because they locked up everywhere. I never envisaged that I will not be taking my corpse, only to get here they are telling me a different story,” Agbolanhor said.

The hospital management could not be reached as they were said to be in an emergency meeting likely to resolve the mystery surrounding the missing corpses.

Following the incident, family members who deposited corpses of their dead ones at the hospital were alleged to be transferring them to other mortuary.

www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/12/11/confusion-in-benin-as-2-bodies-disappear-from-mortuary/
Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by Cutehector(m): 9:08pm On Dec 11, 2015
Willy willy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by DuchessLily(f): 9:09pm On Dec 11, 2015
Vanishing act or ritual give/sell away??
Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 11, 2015
Last Days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by bennyrazz: 9:18pm On Dec 11, 2015
Corpse disappearing in Morgues shouldn't be strange. When a live human being can disappear how can a lifeless body not disappear? I think this matter should be investigated.

17 Likes

Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by deewhone(f): 9:20pm On Dec 11, 2015
Ritual tinz

2 Likes

Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by eipreel(f): 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2015
Okay this is getting more regular in this country and I'm waiting for those end time folks to come scream endtime Nigeria this time undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by pyyxxaro: 9:36pm On Dec 11, 2015
Devil well done o

Well done

Sai Oshiomhole embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by Decapo: 9:52pm On Dec 11, 2015
End time corpse that refuse to rest in peace

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by lasisi69(f): 10:12pm On Dec 11, 2015
End time bodies

11 Likes

Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by Demmocrats(m): 10:12pm On Dec 11, 2015
What kind of story hmmmm anyway may be the corpse went to Italy or flew away using bini magic grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by ebubey(f): 10:12pm On Dec 11, 2015
tohh e don happen shocked
Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by free2ryhme: 10:12pm On Dec 11, 2015
Awa!
Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by Omotayor123(f): 10:13pm On Dec 11, 2015
He eh eh eh... Clifford Orji family dey work for the mortuary undecided

Yeye dey smell embarassed

1 Like

Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by odinese(m): 10:13pm On Dec 11, 2015
Omotayor123:
Lol
Omotayor123:
Lol
Dafuq? What's funny? undecided

Sh ii

4 Likes

Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by Firefire(m): 10:13pm On Dec 11, 2015
I blame APC...

Buhary should please order a complete EFCC probe of all missing dead bodies across the country since 1999.

Thanks.

17 Likes

Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by free2ryhme: 10:14pm On Dec 11, 2015
How do you report this matter

Missing Dead Body?
Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by bqlekan(m): 10:14pm On Dec 11, 2015
corpse vanishing in Nigerian mortuaries since the inception of FESTAC festival

la joke I dey o..
Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by canalily(m): 10:14pm On Dec 11, 2015
End time corpses! Their own rapture don take place gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by Sunnycliff(m): 10:14pm On Dec 11, 2015
End time bodies seeking for a relocation in another end time position!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 11, 2015
Ghen ghen
Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by Achorise: 10:16pm On Dec 11, 2015
This is really shocking.
Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 11, 2015
Double wahala for dead body! shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by henryutd(m): 10:17pm On Dec 11, 2015
May be they went for their colleagues burial ceremony.

4 Likes

Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by AyamConfidence(m): 10:17pm On Dec 11, 2015
Una knw where una dey talk about so?? Na Benin o anythin they happen for this angle o.
Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by nedu2000(m): 10:19pm On Dec 11, 2015
Ship dey disappear for naija (2003) so corpse na small

4 Likes

Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by Emmaxplus(m): 10:19pm On Dec 11, 2015
ok o

cc tintinnoty
Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by djWALE(m): 10:20pm On Dec 11, 2015
I hail benin pple ooo ....
Benin nd dere strange occurences.........na for benin old age women go dey open breast....hmmmm....
Endtime finz

3 Likes

Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:21pm On Dec 11, 2015
The bodies have been sold for ritual. The mortuary keeper and head of the hospital should be arrested

2 Likes

Re: Two Bodies Disappear From Benin Mortuary by Chicagoesontop: 10:21pm On Dec 11, 2015
Walking Corpse Abi ??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Accident Involving 2 Trailers Along The Abeokuta-lagos Expressway, 1dead -photos / 15 People You Will Meet At Filling Station During Fuel Crisis. / Electric Wire Falls & Electrocutes 3-Year-Old Boy In Makurdi, Benue (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.