Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. (1017 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Atheism Is Dying! Currently On Life Support! / Debate An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. by CoolUsername: 10:06pm On Dec 11, 2015
Source: www.stanleycolors.com/2013/12/life-donuts/
Credit: By Pablo Stanley.
Re: This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 10:16pm On Dec 11, 2015
CoolUsername:

Beautiful, I think the post sums it all up "Dont take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive
Re: This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:39am On Dec 12, 2015
blood of jezus
Re: This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. by donnffd(m): 8:56am On Dec 12, 2015
Wow, extremely inspiring... I loved it, thanks op,you just made my day
Re: This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. by plaetton: 10:01am On Dec 12, 2015
Yes, indeed.

It is the fear of death, the fear of non- existence that terrifies humans the most.

And to help assuage our fears, we construct incredible crystal palaces , heavens and Eldorado's of eternal afterlife.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. by johnydon22(m): 10:15am On Dec 12, 2015
plaetton:
Yes, indeed.

It is the fear of death, the fear of non- existence that terrifies humans the most.

And to help assuage our fears, we construct incredible crystal palaces , heavens and Eldorado's of eternal afterlife.
Many in that vulnerability and knowledge of the inevitable end of their being had slipped down the drain of fabricating or deluding themselves in wishful fantasies of getting another life.

We are going to die and that is a lucky thing because it means that as we are, we are alive.

Millions didn't make it the night we were conceived and as such they cannot die since they have not lived.

Only a greedy mind will delude himself dwelling in wishful fantasies and selfish wishful hopes of getting another life when they already have not finished living the one they already have.. they only make themselves unable to live the one they have.... waiting to die to get a better one

what a sorry way to live..

People who are alive now but too feeble not to comprehend what it is to be inexistent in terms of consciousness funny enough always seem to forget they had been inexistent infinitely backwards before being born

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. by plaetton: 11:00am On Dec 12, 2015
johnydon22:
Many in that vulnerability and knowledge of the inevitable end of their being had slipped down the drain of fabricating or deluding themselves in wishful fantasies of getting another life.

We are going to die and that is a lucky thing because it means that as we are, we are alive.

Millions didn't make it the night we were conceived and as such they cannot die since they have not lived.

Only a greedy mind will delude himself dwelling in wishful fantasies and selfish wishful hopes of getting another life when they already have not finished living the one they already have.. they only make themselves unable to live the one they have.... waiting to die to get a better one

People who are alive now but too feeble not to comprehend what it is to be inexistent in terms of consciousness funny enough always seem to forget they had been inexistent infinitely backwards before being born

Grand delusions indeed.

Imagine, for example, Nigerians, the most religious people on Earth, who, since 1914 , have woefully failed to build an enduring nation for their children and future generations.

Yet these same peeps stand today, deluding themselves that they stand to inherit a heaven, where they would have no responsibilities, except perhaps, singing hymns to their skydaddy.

Grand delusions indeed.

2 Likes

Re: This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. by tartar9(m): 11:06am On Dec 12, 2015
johnydon22:

you forgot to bold this
Re: This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. by tartar9(m): 11:11am On Dec 12, 2015
CoolUsername:

what a miserable ideology.atheists must be really sad.

1 Like

Re: This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 11:19am On Dec 12, 2015
tartar9:

Sadder than SOME OF your brothers who kill people for leaving the religion?

Sadder than the belief that you will watch unbelievers burn while you enjoy in heaven?

Sadder than SOME OF your brothers that believe that wife beating is justified (an-nisa 34)?

Hypocrisy is a sad thing.

Salaam.
Re: This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. by johnydon22(m): 11:35am On Dec 12, 2015
tartar9:
you forgot to bold this
Never knew you loved it.. Aaaaaaw smiley
Re: This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. by johnydon22(m): 11:36am On Dec 12, 2015
tartar9:
You know what i call sad?

Waiting to die instead of living ... its both miserable and sad..

its obvious who lives a sad life here...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. by frank317: 11:36am On Dec 12, 2015
I am very glad I clicked on the link and read through, especially the comments to Elle.

I was very glad to see no one mentioned God in their response to her plight, yet they were able to get through to her and made her feel better.

In this life the only thing we have is ourselves. The believe in God is just wishful thinking which have made people forget the responsibility they have for their fellow humans.

The believe in God has led to segregation and delusion, making people foolishly think they have a personal God who will reward them after life for being selfish and condemning others for being human. They call others sinful thereby becoming self righteous and selfish.

If we can look deep within us and know that we only have ourselves and can only make this short miserable life meaningful when we care for each other despite our flaws, people will stop being greedy and hateful.

The believe in God has misdirected us and even though its disguised as hope and love, it has driven us far away from our responsibility. It has made us see and believe that being happy in earth is worldly and we strive to fight life batlle alone and for ourselves only. That's why people think its okay for others to go to fantasy hell while they will be enjoying in heaven.

Atheists are not bad people, we are not wicked and evil as the delusion religious folks think. We just recognize life for what it is and strive to make people see that all we have is us...No God, no heaven, no magic. Just us. When the human race realizes this. They will love each other for who they are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. by analice107: 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2015
poor Atheists. Your Life has no meaning. So sad.

My life has meaning. Am here for a purpose and I will fulfill it. you on the other hand will live and die like a dog without direction or purpose.
And why will Your life have meaning when you delude yourselves that there's no God?

Just bear in mind, just this one thing, If at the end of it all you discover that indeed there's God, just know that you'll be in deep shit.

I just finished reading a book, a confession of a former Satanist and a witch. 'From Witchcraft to Christ', from her story I discovered that Atheism is a branch of Satanism, to keep people from knowing who Satan is, until its too late.
some Atheist Know it, that's why you can never find an Atheist bashing Satan. Their war is all against Yahweh the Abrahamic God. The Muslims are against Him, the Satanist are against Him, the Atheist are against Him. there's something there. Just make sure you are sure He doesn't exist

2 Likes

Re: This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. by frank317: 6:24pm On Dec 12, 2015
analice107:

My life has meaning. Am here for a purpose and I will fulfill it. you on the other hand will live and die like a dog without direction or purpose.
And why will Your life have meaning when you delude yourselves that there's no God?

Just bear in mind, just this one thing, If at the end of it all you discover that indeed there's God, just know that you'll be in deep shit.

I just finished reading a book, a confession of a former Satanist and a witch. 'From Witchcraft to Christ', from her story I discovered that Atheism is a branch of Satanism, to keep people from knowing who Satan is, until its too late.
some Atheist Know it, that's why you can never find an Atheist bashing Satan. Their war is all against Yahweh the Abrahamic God. The Muslims are against Him, the Satanist are against Him, the Atheist are against Him. there's something there. Just make sure you are sure He doesn't exist

And you wonder why Nigeria is such a horrible place with people like you every where.

Will you be happy if u get a visa to Sweden? Its a country where most people dont care about God. Will you be happy to go there? Will you be happy to leave you God filled rotten country to a godless blessed country?
Re: This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 6:26pm On Dec 12, 2015
analice107:

Jesus said "love your neighbour as yourself".

That includes your atheist neighbour.

The good Samaritan was not a christian and neither was he a Jew.

How can you love your neighbour if you do not understand him or her?

It is clear that you do not understand atheists. Atheists generally try to use logic and material things to ascertain the meaning of life. They do not use the bible like you do. This then means that they will see life as meaningless because life in general can not be confined into simple logic. Life is vast and difficult to define to an equation.

This does not mean that you as a christian are better than atheists. You should consider that our Nigerian leaders are not atheist yet Nigeria is a hellhole. You should accept that they reason differently from you.
Re: This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. by CoolUsername: 6:38pm On Dec 12, 2015
analice107:

You've said a lot of things here that make you seem very angry and immature. So chill out.

A Satanist cannot be a witch because they don't believe in higher powers; also, nobody is fighting a war against your imaginary friend.

I'm not sure how literate you are but if you actually read that comic, you'll see that no atheist is depressed because there is no afterlife. On the contrary, we live to enjoy life to the fullest and make our mark on the world because we don't have evidence of an afterlife.

Were not just waiting to die.

PS: If you're waiting for Jesus to return, you're probably just wasting your time because he said in Matthew 24:20-34 that he'll return before the passing of the generation.

Here's the kicker: that generation passed away 2000 years ago!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. by ValentineMary(m): 9:41am On Dec 13, 2015
This comic is basic fact. Prople are expecting a life that is not assured and they left this one. No wonder people are very greedy. They only have their intetest in mind. Religion is selfish.
Re: This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. by analice107: 11:09am On Dec 14, 2015
@Coolusername.
Yes, am angry, but not at you, but at the spirit behind you. The spirit that keeps you delusional, the spirit makes you think, you just happened from nowhere.

Am angry because, it will be too late when that realization hits you.

Yes, Atheism is a branch of Satanism. Satan makes you think, there's nothing out there. You can do as you like, there's no one for you to account to. my dear, you'll be shocked at what awaits you. Just like Eve didn't know what awaited her until she took that bite.

deep down inside of you, you know.
Re: This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. by analice107: 11:27am On Dec 14, 2015
@AllNiajablogger.

No sir, I don't consider myself better than Atheist. For how can I do that wen I myself am a toddler trying to walk.

Atheist believe in logic and use it to assertion how life came to be.
Maybe U my friend, should use logic to tell me why I grow old and die.
Pls use ur logic to explain 'U' for example to me. explain ur emotions to me. humans all over the earth laf the same way. when we speak, we don't understand each other, but wen we laf, we laf the same way, we cry the same way. happiness to a Chinese, is the same emotion to a Nigerian.
explain to me why I can't stop aging.

Most of all, use ur logic to explain consciousness to me. e.g, why do i, 'I mean me,' have dreams too f events before they happen? pls help me here with ur logic

The Bible gives answers to all these enquiries.
logic makes ur life meaningless. I know who I am.
Re: This Comic Sums Up My Outlook On Life As An Atheist. by analice107: 11:47am On Dec 14, 2015
@Frank317.
pls how old are you? I really think you shd wait, wen you grow up and get to understand your environment more, you can then give ur opinion when adults are having a discussion .
what is the Nigerian Constitution? small boy Frank. Is Nigerian government a Theocratic Government? How silly can one man get in one life time? If you can allow your small mind to conceive the truth, maybe you'll know that what has kept Nigeria down is disobedience and becos there are too many folk with meaningless existence like you in government, who feel, they can do anything they like, without having to account to anyone. here or after here.

If the Christians in government, 'if there are indeed Christians in government', and if they follow the tenets of their Faith, our Nation will be exalted. For righteousness, exalts a nation.
you Small boy Frank sit on your little butt, and blame everything on God, as though you can point to the scriptures and say, 'this is where these folk are getting their inspirations from'.
Am wagging my finger at you Frank317. Be careful.

(1) (Reply)

Dead Bodies Discovered In Foundation Of Enugu Church Building (Photos) / Restoring Planet Earth - Jack Kelley / Are The 'holy People' The Wisest People On Earth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.