Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 (2975 Views)

Blackberry 'mercury' To Be Released On February 25th / Gionee rolls out Marshmallow Update for Gionee m5mini / List Of Phones Receiving Android Marshmallow Update This December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by daremarvell: 6:52am On Dec 12, 2015
I saw this info online about an official graphic from TECNO stating that the Camon C8 will get Android 6 Marshmallow update in February 2016.

Great news. If this happens, this is what Tecno fans have been waiting for

The Android Marshmallow update comes with the following features, in a bid to make the OS more secure, easier to use and generally more efficient in managing your device’s resources:

App Permissions
Web Experience
Android Pay
App links
Power Management
Improved cut, copy and Paste
Auto Back-up and Restore for Apps
RAM manager
Rotating Home screen
Visual Voicemail
Dark Theme
The App Menu has been redesigned

The Camon C8 is currently Tecno’s bestselling device for the year and these additional features will only complement the great hardware that the C8 already boasts of. Imagine the dark theme on that phone, night usage will become better as this is a device that prides itself on being up to par even in low light conditions.

Better power management will only improve the nice battery that comes with the C8, allowing you to use it for longer periods. With a default RAM manager, it should be easier to optimally use the resources of the device and allow you to perform more functions (and of course, play more games) seamlessly with no lag.

Auto back-up and restore of apps allows you to automatically backup your apps so for those of you who flash your phones or switch phones at will, you can definitely restore them without issues.

The app permissions allows you to determine which app has access to what and this way, no app can leak information that you didn’t give it access to. This update puts the argument that Tecno doesn’t do OTA (Over-The-Air) updates for their smartphones to rest.

Essentially, this makes this update a very welcome one for the C8. However, even though this is to be a normal thing from now on, we hope it will come faster. We also won’t mind if the accompanying software makes the camera better than it already is

What do you guys think of this development?

Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by ayobami52(m): 9:14am On Dec 12, 2015
Really. What about phantom z, No update. This phone deserves an update even to lollipop.
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by Orator2383: 7:00am On Dec 13, 2015
Thank God Tecno is planning to release update for their devices. It's long overdue
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by Maximum83: 11:26am On Dec 13, 2015
I think phantom z should also get update
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by Yorubago(f): 11:40am On Dec 13, 2015
i HAVE NOT HEARD OF ANY PHONE YET THIS WILL BE COMING ON...Nice development for the Camon 8 users!!! cheesy
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by OnyeAraNdiIgbo(f): 11:56am On Dec 13, 2015
OP What about other phone users? Biko nu
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by Oladipupo22: 12:04pm On Dec 13, 2015
Please daremarvell will this update come for Tecno L5 users?

1 Like

Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by BustScam: 12:22pm On Dec 13, 2015
daremarvell:
I saw this info online about an official graphic from TECNO stating that the Camon C8 will get Android 6 Marshmallow update in February 2016.

The Android Marshmallow update comes with the following features, in a bid to make the OS more secure, easier to use and generally more efficient in managing your device’s resources:

App Permissions
Web Experience
Android Pay
App links
Power Management
RAM manager
Rotating Home screen
Visual Voicemail
Dark Theme

The Camon C8 is currently Tecno’s bestselling device for the year and these additional features will only complement the great hardware that the C8 already boasts of. Imagine the dark theme on that phone, night usage will become better as this is a device that prides itself on being up to par even in low light conditions.

Better power management will only improve the nice battery that comes with the C8, allowing you to use it for longer periods. With a default RAM manager, it should be easier to optimally use the resources of the device and allow you to perform more functions (and of course, play more games) seamlessly with no lag.

Auto back-up and restore of apps allows you to automatically backup your apps so for those of you who flash your phones or switch phones at will, you can definitely restore them without issues.

The app permissions allows you to determine which app has access to what and this way, no app can leak information that you didn’t give it access to. This update puts the argument that Tecno doesn’t do OTA (Over-The-Air) updates for their smartphones to rest.

Essentially, this makes this update a very welcome one for the C8. However, even though this is to be a normal thing from now on, we hope it will come faster. We also won’t mind if the accompanying software makes the camera better than it already is

This BOLD looks too good to be true
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by ochuski(m): 1:22pm On Dec 13, 2015
Tecno has been lying to Nigerians since 1914
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by Youngpo413: 2:44pm On Dec 13, 2015
Uwaafid
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2015
Tecno Shills lying for the employer.
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by Frontier2: 6:21pm On Dec 13, 2015
I hope this is true oo
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by mosjames: 9:35am On Dec 14, 2015
No more multitasking issue i guess
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by fourlake4(f): 9:57am On Dec 14, 2015
Cool update. Once again Tecno proves haters wrong.
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by ogashakiru(m): 9:58am On Dec 14, 2015
Loving this new features and improvemts.
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by Wandeabbas: 10:00am On Dec 14, 2015
Your statement is also a lie. Besides Tecno always delivers exactly what we pay for and is steadily making moves to improve
ochuski:
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by itsfarnas(m): 10:06am On Dec 14, 2015
Excellent news. I have a different phone now but this makes a lot of sense. Camon C8 users will love it.
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by itsfarnas(m): 10:10am On Dec 14, 2015
Excellent news. I have a different phone now but this makes a lot of sense. Camon C8 users will love it.
Orator2383:
Thank God Tecno is planning to release update for their devices. It's long overdue
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by Xhaka(m): 10:35am On Dec 14, 2015
ochuski:
You wanted to say satisfying Nigerians right?
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by kolexepana: 7:37pm On Dec 14, 2015
Good news for C8 users and expect Great improvement as well grin
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by Loladollarz: 9:53am On Jan 08, 2016
Saw this somewhere, that means it's tru then. Very good development
daremarvell:

App Permissions
Web Experience
Android Pay
App links
Power Management
RAM manager
Rotating Home screen
Visual Voicemail
Dark Theme

Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by Calebbola: 3:47pm On Jan 08, 2016
Me too
ogashakiru:
Loving this new features and improvemts.
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by Maximum83: 3:56pm On Jan 08, 2016
Loladollarz:
Saw this somewhere, that means it's tru then. Very good development
it's true
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by teelaweee(m): 12:41pm On Feb 24, 2016
Yorubago:
i HAVE NOT HEARD OF ANY PHONE YET THIS WILL BE COMING ON...Nice development for the Camon 8 users!!! cheesy
mehn i hope the update is gonna make sense
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by Yorubago(f): 9:57am On Feb 25, 2016
teelaweee:

I hope so too...
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by annacheem: 5:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
daremarvell:

App Permissions
Web Experience
Android Pay
App links
Power Management
RAM manager
Rotating Home screen
Visual Voicemail
Dark Theme

are u really sure about it i will check it out
Re: Tecno camon c8 marshmallow update coming on February, 2016 by daphid25(m): 6:26pm On Feb 25, 2016
teelaweee:
It will make a lot of sense, I trust tecno.

(1) (Reply)

Which Should I Go For Please? / How To Read Deleted Whatsapp Messages On Your Mobile Device Thread / Brutally Honest Review On The Tecno Camon 11 Pro (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.