Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Bankole Detained In Underground Cell - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bankole Detained In Underground Cell (3108 Views)

''FFK Kept In An Underground Cell In EFCC Office'' - Deji Adeyanju / Bankole Detained In Underground Cell / Bankole Detained In Underground Cell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bankole Detained In Underground Cell by marksonteewhy: 10:13am On Dec 12, 2015
Bankole detained in underground cell June 14, 2011 at 12:49 am in News By Oscarline Onwuemenyi ABUJA—FORMER Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole, who is currently facing trial in two courts for alleged fraud and loan conversion, was in a dejected mood yesterday following his week-long detention in the not-so- cosy EFCC custody. An EFCC operative, who would not like to be mentioned, told Vanguard that Bankole has obviously lost his cool after more than seven days in custody. He said: “The man has lost some of his ‘swag’ after all these days in almost solitary confinement. He appears dejected and frustrated at his condition. Everyone who is accustomed to living lavishly would feel the same way when those niceties are taken away, even if momentarily.” The operative noted, however, that the former number four man in the polity was not enjoying any preferential treatment from the operatives detailed to guard him, adding: “No; he is treated like any other suspect in our custody, though we make sure that he gets access to his lawyers and other people who matter to the case. Don’t forget that he is being held under orders from the court.” Those who have visited him say the former speaker is being detained in an underground cell at the EFCC headquarters with only a mat for him to sleep on.” He said: “Our cells are relatively new and well-kept. Don’t forget that they are the same cells that held other high profile suspects including former governors, former ministers and chief executives of banks, and I do not remember anyone of them coming back to say we treated them badly.” Bankole was arrested penultimate Sunday at his Asokoro residence after weeks of ‘hide and seek’ with operatives of the EFCC. www.vanguardngr.com/bankole-detained-in-underground-cell/

2 Likes

Re: Bankole Detained In Underground Cell by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 12, 2015
Last Days ancient story.

OP yua biased. Yua partial. Yua tribalistic. We will not take it!

What kind of Last Days rewinding is this??

1 Like

Re: Bankole Detained In Underground Cell by bigass123(m): 10:42am On Dec 12, 2015
I can't believe this shocked
The same Dimeji Bankole that I know?
Indeed, change is here...
Under GEJ things would have been swept under the carpet over a dinner table..
Seriously if this momentum is maintained.. Some level of sanity will return to our polity. This looting a d daylight robbery of our treasury must stop.

1 Like

Re: Bankole Detained In Underground Cell by Eledan: 10:48am On Dec 12, 2015
How old is this "news"?!

4 Likes

Re: Bankole Detained In Underground Cell by Pavore9: 10:56am On Dec 12, 2015
This is a story of some years back!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bankole Detained In Underground Cell by gsport: 11:41am On Dec 12, 2015
Where and when do this happen.

1 Like

Re: Bankole Detained In Underground Cell by jamace(m): 11:56am On Dec 12, 2015
"Bankole detained in underground cell June 14, 2011 at 12:49 am". OP, are you just wishing it happens again or what?

2 Likes

Re: Bankole Detained In Underground Cell by hardbody: 12:14pm On Dec 12, 2015
jamace:
"Bankole detained in underground cell June 14, 2011 at 12:49 am". OP, are you just wishing it happens again or what?

My brother, I tire ooo. I have been struggling to understand the post and motive.

It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Bankole Detained In Underground Cell by Folksyharry(m): 12:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
Na wa for u o. how can post 2011 news and make people think it's new.

2 Likes

Re: Bankole Detained In Underground Cell by odinese(m): 1:27pm On Dec 12, 2015
Op is drunk in love

1 Like

Re: Bankole Detained In Underground Cell by finalboss(m): 2:05pm On Dec 12, 2015
Chai ..this op Mumu nor be small.. Dem suppose ban am for the wrong news.... undecided mynd_44 you are needed

1 Like

Re: Bankole Detained In Underground Cell by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2015
bigass123:
Seriously if this momentum is maintained.. Some level of sanity will return to our polity. This looting a d daylight robbery of our treasury must stop.

grin
Re: Bankole Detained In Underground Cell by ODUBEZE: 2:53pm On Dec 12, 2015
And so shall it be for all politicians who has stolen Nigeria blind! they will continue to vomit all they have eaten!
I hope he has dug his grave like Alarms?
Greedy people!
Re: Bankole Detained In Underground Cell by Ayoemrys(m): 2:57pm On Dec 12, 2015
the op hs being posessed
Re: Bankole Detained In Underground Cell by Tallesty1(m): 3:06pm On Dec 12, 2015
bigass123:
Oga did you read this post at all?
Re: Bankole Detained In Underground Cell by Pheals(f): 3:41pm On Dec 12, 2015
Serious idonbilivit shocked
Re: Bankole Detained In Underground Cell by femidejulius(m): 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2015
This exact news was published on June 14,2011.

Why are you bringing back the dead

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: How Much More Blood, Tears And Pain...?pix / Northernization Agenda Finally Hits Npower / Photos Of Bukola Saraki And Other Party Delegates Protesting In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.