Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) (24520 Views)

Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers / Deleted / Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by NOBODYY: 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2015
Go to NUC(National universities comission) website..
Theres a place where you'll see "contact us"
Report the uni to them..
i dont know if that will work.. but i think it should
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by Phlegmatic13: 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2015
K
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by link2ok(m): 1:26pm On Dec 12, 2015
Its vewi annoying when this students pass through a lot and gets high grades and they aint giving admission. My younger brother got 266 and wasnt giving admission as well. i was told to pay 400,000 naira. This is rilly disappointing. I had opportunity to call the VC of ABSU and reported this to him and he banged the phone on me. Yet yu would hear this old ones saying we hav vewi poor graduates and they caused this problm. How can yu give admission to sum1 who got 214 against 286. Am sick n tired of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by ILoveToFuCcK: 1:26pm On Dec 12, 2015
Oshi n!!

3 Likes

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by ahckmedkosy(m): 1:26pm On Dec 12, 2015
Reason may not be far fetched ;
1. It's either she is from anambra of which their own Cut off mark is the highest is the south east for a state owned uni
2. Also, the nos of Candidates required from her state of origin has been met in the quota n hence she may have passed but some others who scored higher than her n are from anambra or Enugu has been taken
3. She no get "long legs"
4. God doesn't want her to go to ABSU

1 Like

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by sanbells(f): 1:26pm On Dec 12, 2015
This is so unfair. I've been through it. Was a very bitter experience. Buh I only found out later it paved way for a better place for me, so have hope.
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by juwoonn(m): 1:27pm On Dec 12, 2015
Nigeria jagajaga
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by ISLAM4theWISE: 1:28pm On Dec 12, 2015
it happend in all skull. my jamb 2006 to ABU WAS 220, MY FREND 199 GOT ADMITTED.

2007 JAMB 230, ( AVERAGE PST JAMB 56%) Was then admitted, dt same yr 44% was admitted and 60% was not...... Na so we de tor d line
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by ojnnaco(m): 1:30pm On Dec 12, 2015
so pathetic ......Gross injustice everywhere
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by dandostism88(m): 1:30pm On Dec 12, 2015
That is 9ja for you
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by chinae(m): 1:34pm On Dec 12, 2015
It is just that pple most times don't channel their grievance to the right persons or institute.
I had similar issues, years ago but i channel it to the admission office, was given a form to fill and attach my post UME nd Jamb result without paying 1kobo or IM my name was included in d next list.
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by prmix: 1:34pm On Dec 12, 2015
The truth is that if Absu wasn't her first choice of school in the utme, definitely even if she scored 400 her name won't be on the merit list. that is the school admission policy, it didn't start today. when it gets to supplementary, you will be advised not to choose medsurg by the school notice cause at that level it is based on who you know. this has been the practice in Absu over a decade now; your cousin should have made proper enquiries.

1 Like

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by DullardBuhari(m): 1:35pm On Dec 12, 2015
porshuch:
so they are also practicing quota system grin, after you will say all igbo's are one. cry
don't quote me sire...thank you
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by ILoveToFuCcK: 1:37pm On Dec 12, 2015
prmix:
The truth is that if Absu wasn't her first choice of school in the utme, definitely even if she scored 400 her name won't be on the merit list. that is the school admission policy, it didn't start today. when it gets to supplementary, you will be advised not to choose medsurg by the school notice cause at that level it is based on who you know. this has been the practice in Absu over a decade now; your cousin should have made proper enquiries.
In this year's jamb..
Jamb only allowed one single choice of institution..
Which means no first or second choice..
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by Impulse80(m): 1:39pm On Dec 12, 2015
Idrismusty97:
So they too are practising Quota system? Not even to a different tribe but to their OWN tribe. Look at her name, She is clearly Igbo. I thought they brag about how everything about them is Merit? That was how the same Abia state i think deports workers that are non-indigenes. Just a few imaginary lines drawn on the tiny Southeast and they are already divided, And they want a country?

Nigga you need to chill out with this your bigotry, it ain't the solution to your unemployment.
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 12, 2015
Idrismusty97:
So they too are practising Quota system? Not even to a different tribe but to their OWN tribe. Look at her name, She is clearly Igbo. I thought they brag about how everything about them is Merit? That was how the same Abia state i think deports workers that are non-indigenes. Just a few imaginary lines drawn on the tiny Southeast and they are already divided, And they want a country?

don't Unilag practice same thing?
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by GEJman: 1:43pm On Dec 12, 2015
What was her choices in her JAMB application?

ykenex post=40932126]My cousin had average score 286, JAMB score 262, PUTME score 310 yet couldn't secure admission for Med. Surg. After, she bought supplementary form #10,500 for another course, yet couldn't secure admission. Meanwhile those that their list came out had a lower average scores, in fact she scored above all them

Guys, is there anything I can do to protest against this act on her behalf and secure justice?
See pic below [/quote]
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by ISLAM4theWISE: 1:43pm On Dec 12, 2015
Buhari rule.nothing u can do tongue tongue

we hate igbos cos de dont respect the president( pray for Buhari, pray for 9ja)
DullardBuhari:
don't quote me sire...thank you
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by nadozgmail: 1:44pm On Dec 12, 2015
My dear na wetin we dey see these days let's just pray that the days of corruption and injustice will be over soon.
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by CHARLESTON007(m): 1:44pm On Dec 12, 2015
You think this is bad come AAU you go see where dem go leave person when get 75 for pume go give person when score 30 unto say na vc cousin Nigerian institutions and corruption are like bread and butter smh
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by Trinxzy(m): 1:45pm On Dec 12, 2015
@iykenex...has ur sister checked her admission status on jamb's website? ??..www.jamb.org.ng
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by GEJman: 1:46pm On Dec 12, 2015
iykenex:
My cousin had average score 286, JAMB score 262, PUTME score 310 yet couldn't secure admission for Med. Surg. After, she bought supplementary form #10,500 for another course, yet couldn't secure admission. Meanwhile those that their list came out had a lower average scores, in fact she scored above all them

Guys, is there anything I can do to protest against this act on her behalf and secure justice?
See pic below

Is ABSU her first choice?
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by abokikhalifa: 1:47pm On Dec 12, 2015
BADNEAT:
This can actually secure her an admission if she takes it serious
Tweet @chamberlain maoupe and Suleiman of channelstv....tweet at Ben bruce
Attach the documents as you've done here...she must be given admission
nice one
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by GEJman: 1:47pm On Dec 12, 2015
iykenex:
My cousin had average score 286, JAMB score 262, PUTME score 310 yet couldn't secure admission for Med. Surg. After, she bought supplementary form #10,500 for another course, yet couldn't secure admission. Meanwhile those that their list came out had a lower average scores, in fact she scored above all them

See pic below

Please send me her details
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by Trinxzy(m): 1:50pm On Dec 12, 2015
link2ok:
Its vewi annoying when this students pass through a lot and gets high grades and they aint giving admission. My younger brother got 266 and wasnt giving admission as well. i was told to pay 400,000,000 naira. This is rilly disappointing. I had opportunity to call the VC of ABSU and reported this to him and he banged the phone on me. Yet yu would hear this old ones saying we hav vewi poor graduates and they caused this problm. How can yu give admission to sum1 who got 214 against 286. Am sick n tired of Nigeria.
I smell liars here...who gave you the vc's numba nd which school asks for N400m for admission? ? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by Emman8(m): 1:53pm On Dec 12, 2015
Admission process is not only by score, there are other things that are considered E.g O level result combination, Jamb subjects combination
iykenex:

See pic below
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 12, 2015
ahckmedkosy:
Reason may not be far fetched ;
1. It's either she is from anambra of which their own Cut off mark is the highest is the south east for a state owned uni
2. Also, the nos of Candidates required from her state of origin has been met in the quota n hence she may have passed but some others who scored higher than her n are from anambra or Enugu has been taken
3. She no get "long legs"
4. God doesn't want her to go to ABSU
U DIDNT MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL 'HER SUR NAME IS OKEZIE AND LIKELY FROM NGWA'
AND WHAT MAKE U THINK THAT SCORE IS NOT SUPER HIGH AND DO U THINK ENUGU PPL GO TO ABSU LIKE THAT...CHECK THE SUPPLEMENTARY LIST ATTACHED THERE DID U SEE ANY ANAMBRA OR ENUGU.....DONT SUPPORT INJUSTICE WITH INVALID REASON
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by iykenex(m): 1:56pm On Dec 12, 2015
GEJman:
What was her choices in her JAMB application?

ykenex post=40932126]My cousin had average score 286, JAMB score 262, PUTME score 310 yet couldn't secure admission for Med. Surg. After, she bought supplementary form #10,500 for another course, yet couldn't secure admission. Meanwhile those that their list came out had a lower average scores, in fact she scored above all them
ABSU is her first choice

See pic below
ABSU is her first choice
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by Khez: 1:58pm On Dec 12, 2015
Graduated from Absu,

I had to make friends with the VC to get admission

Op your cousin mustt be from Anambra or enugu, they hate giving them admission o, buh when you finally get admitted, there girls will start licking you Anambra boy like tom tom.... Specially sugar coated umuahia girls grin

piece of advice op, go and see who they want you to see with the small something and save yourself the stress so she will be included in IAS or something

3 Likes

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by afonomics(m): 2:00pm On Dec 12, 2015
ILoveToFuCcK:
Na so Unilorin seff do me
i score 82/100 in the post jamb and 239 in Jamb yet i wasnt admitted..
Not even to an ordinary Educational course..
And yet people with 190.. 181 180 were getting admitted
Also ppl with 50+ 62 64 were getting admitted to the same course i chose.. This is inhuman!!

Unilorin is the father of stuff like dis. They did it to me and to many other people i knw. Their admission process in d worst among federal universities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by Saved2Serve: 2:01pm On Dec 12, 2015
You bear same name with the governor and you don't know what privilege you are sitting on? The next place to hit this news is twitter. Find the governor's official handle and escalate it in a humble and subtle manner. follow also the steps outlined by the 2nd commenter. channelsTV gang and senator Bruce can help you tooo........#socialMediaLives#

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unilag Dli Is Not A Part Time Programmes / Private Universities In Nigeria / 5 Types Of Lecturers In Nigeria Tertiary Institutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.