Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,356 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People (5085 Views)

Jose Mourinho Named Highest Paid Manager In World Football [Top 5] / Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats / 10 Footballers Whose Greed And Lifestyle Ruined Their Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by safarigirl(f): 11:33am On Dec 12, 2015
So, Yaya Toure once again won the BBC African Footballer of The Year yesterday and it for me thinking. How did he win it over players like Aubemeyang, Ighalo, Mahrez and Ayew? Who voted? On what basis did they vote?

I know some people will claim Ivory Coast won AFCON this year, is that the latest requirement? Whenever Yaya plays below par for his country, they tell us votes were based on club performance, when he's less than average for his club, we return to National team performance, why are the rules twisted to favour him? Where is the fairness and what is the point of encouraging one man who has won it repeatedly and is at his prime when there are up and coming players who put in better performances that need the extra push?

Let us leave Yaya and move to the world stage, once again Messi and C.Ronaldo have been nominated for the Ballon d'Or alongside the other guy making up the numbers- Neymar, feelers already say Messi will win it and I don't doubt that, but why? Were there no better performing players in all the leagues worldwide? Why do we settle for the same people every year? Why are they all forwards? Why not defenders, goal keepers, midfielders? If the defenders don't perform and the goalkeeper is caught napping, even if CR7 gets 7 goals, the other team can equalize. Where is the encouragement for players like Zlatan Ibrahimovic, James Rodriguez, Petr Cech, David Alaba when Messi can be injured for almost half a season and still get the ballon?

There was a time in World football that Kaka got the World player of the year over a far more experiences Ronaldinho with more hype, no one has gate crashed the Messi-CR7 party in 6 years or so, it's getting boring.

Whether it be Messi, C.Ronaldo or Yaya Toure, the game cannot continue with this unhealthy monopoly. What's the point in giving all you have for a game dominated by 3 people? Everyone needs encouragement in their work place, players like Aubemeyang slay every season, but are overlooked for the lukewarm Toure when it matters.

Someone surprise us next year and vote Neymar for Ballon d'Or or someone other than Toure for CAF APOTY....we are tired of the monopoly.

http://afritalks.com/threads/football-monopoly.508/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by mannobi(m): 11:52am On Dec 12, 2015
Don't you know FIFA headquarters to complain? Who perform better than Ronaldo and Messi in all the leagues?

2 Likes

Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:53am On Dec 12, 2015
I don't even watch soccer for the fun anymore.... na make my Ticket Green! grin

On a serious note, it's really becoming boring... didn't even know it was yesterday sef....same players every season......why is Suarez not there?...why are players from other continents not there?...... football doesn't start and end in Europe o.

2 Likes

Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by kendrick9(m): 11:54am On Dec 12, 2015
Anyone who wrote this article cleary don't watch football.... he mentions the messi ronaldo era as as monopoly instead of acknowledging that these two have been one of the most if not the most consistent footballers in the history of the game, scoring nothing less than 50 goals for the past six or seven years now with countless assists to boot... yeah lets give the ballon d'or to cech or alaba because you want a change... lmao... what a ridiculous article..anyone who thinks messi or ronaldo haven't deserved there world best running for 7 seasons or so should quit watching footy...
For the african footballer,i will it to aubamayeng but i understand why yaya gonna win it,it's not cut and dry...
As for ighalo,are u even kidding me?!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:54am On Dec 12, 2015
mannobi:
Don't you know FIFA headquarters to complain? Who perform better than Ronaldo and Messi in all the leagues?

Sebi na the one wey your TV show you undecided

1 Like

Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by kendrick9(m): 11:57am On Dec 12, 2015
mannobi:
Who perform better than Ronaldo and Messi in all the leagues?
i will love to hear what she thinks about this.....
alaba,cech,zlatan better than messi and ron...hahaha
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by safarigirl(f): 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2015
kendrick9:
i will love to hear what she thinks about this.....
alaba,cech,zlatan better than messi and ron...hahaha
what do you rate performances by? Goals scored per season?

. Are C.Ron and Messi exceptional every season? Even in a World Cup year? Did Messi deserve the Ballon in 2010?

Una wet sabi football pass tell us if 2 players are the best each season out of thousands in various leagues.

Is it normal?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by safarigirl(f): 12:04pm On Dec 12, 2015
kendrick9:
Anyone who wrote this article cleary don't watch football.... he mentions the messi ronaldo era as as monopoly instead of acknowledging that these two have been one of the most if not the most consistent footballers in the history of the game, scoring nothing less than 50 goals for the past six or seven years now with countless assists to boot... yeah lets give the ballon d'or to cech or alaba because you want a change... lmao... what a ridiculous article..anyone who thinks messi or ronaldo haven't deserved there world best running for 7 seasons or so should quit watching footy...
For the african footballer,i will it to aubamayeng but i understand why yaya gonna win it,it's not cut and dry...
As for ighalo,are u even kidding me?!!
I see you rate football based on who scores the most goals, I withdraw my earlier question.....meanwhile, have you checked other leagues worldwide to determine if there aren't other ffty goal wonders?
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by kendrick9(m): 12:05pm On Dec 12, 2015
safarigirl:

. Are C.Ron and Messi exceptional every season? Even in a World Cup year? Did Messi deserve the Ballon in 2010?

Una wet sabi football pass tell us if 2 players are the best each season out of thousands in various leagues.

Is it normal?
ok, who are this better players.... infact who has the the best player in this year 2015?.. i will love to hear which names u mention
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by safarigirl(f): 12:09pm On Dec 12, 2015
kendrick9:
ok, who are this better players.... infact who has the the best player in this year 2015?.. i will love to hear which names u mention
since you rate players by goals, I may not have any candidates you will agree with.

Meanwhile, the article isn't based solely on this year, but the past 6 years
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by kendrick9(m): 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2015
safarigirl:
I see you rate football based on who scores the most goals, I withdraw my earlier question.....meanwhile, have you checked other leagues worldwide to determine if there aren't other ffty goal wonders?
no,i rate them based on performances,something which these two have consistently doing for years.... To say otherwise is nonsense..
Europe is the home of soccer,thats just the way it is...anyone who thinks he is good should prove himself at the highest level and that means playing for the top clubs in europe....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by kendrick9(m): 12:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
safarigirl:
since you rate players by goals, I may not have any candidates you will agree with.

Meanwhile, the article isn't based solely on this year, but the past 6 years
Messi and ronaldo have been head and shoulders above everyone in world football for 7 yrs now....to call that reign a monopoly does them a disservice..... they are football freaks, such consistency are out of this world..no one has come close for years apart frm now when neymar and suarez seems to have breachef that gap but still they do more to considered to up there with them

1 Like

Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by seankay(m): 1:27pm On Dec 12, 2015
safarigirl:

http://afritalks.com/threads/football-monopoly.508/

I agree with you on the Ronaldo and Messi's monopoly. Gone are the days where Defenders and Goalkeepers were included in the last three but these days,score 50 goals in a season and you are good to go. I still maintain my stance that Sneidjer deserved the Ballon'dor in 2010 but he was overlooked cos he didn't score much. Iniesta is also a player that could have won the Ballon'dor if the criteria is not goal based.

Chelseafan#

2 Likes

Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:37pm On Dec 12, 2015
safarigirl:

Is it normal?

[b]Messi clearly merited it this year and CR7 closely followed behind. Followed by Neymar and then Suarez. Those were the best performing players on the planet.

Is it not this year CR7 hit five in a game against Espanyol? The Messi magical goal in the Copa Del Rey Finals? Remember Messi's performances home and away against Man City. After the game, I exclaimed with a frustrated voice, "Give Messi the World Best again."

As for African levels, the likes of Mahrez, Ayew and Aubameyang started performing this season. Last season was awful for Dortmund ans Aubameyang.

Yaya performed okay with his club but coupled with his Afcon winning performance, Yaya Clearly takes it.

Mahrez, Ayew and co. have to perform this well next year to knick it off Yaya.

Messi's Wonder goal against Bilbao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzPLC9gbHd8

I have downloaded and watched this goal many times but I was still breathless as I watched it now. Imagine Messi did this in a cup final.

Cristiano Ronaldo (CR7) five goals against Espanyol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzx-FYtVc4A
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by khattab02: 1:42pm On Dec 12, 2015
hmmmm.... Interesting! Well lots of things need to be considered. For the world Footballer of the year being btw CR7 and Messi10, I think the closest of players close to those two are Neymar, Suarez, Ibrahimovic, james, Lewandoski and Muller (always underated), CR7 and Messi10 are miles ahead.

Why not goalkeepers and defenders..? Well Neuer came close last time and Canavaro in 2006. Depends on what criteria they are using. I would have prefered Xavi won it in 2010. He was instrumental and master class in midfield and kept that for a very long time.

Why always Europe? In terms of quality, brand and Rating, Europe is the best in the world especially with the Ucl, UEL, EPL, Scudetto, La liga, Bundesliga, ligue1, Eredivisie etc. You want to show case yourself on the very big stage? Come to Europe, that's why you have lots of South Americans and Africans plying their trade there.

As for the APOTY, I don't wanna say yaya toure should win it because he won the AFCON. No doubt for the past years he's been at the very top and an engine for Man city. But from last season to now his form has dipped while the likes of Aubameyang, Mane, Mahrez, Ighalo and Brahimi has improved and becoming key members of their various clubs though the size and performance of their clubs might go against, but individually they can challenge Toure.

APOTY should go to Aubameyang, he his fast and have been scoring of lately. I don't know why the likes of Arsenal and Man United won't snap him up? Ratherthan wasting money looking for forwards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:53pm On Dec 12, 2015
khattab02:
hmmmm.... Interesting! Well lots of things need to be considered. For the world Footballer of the year being btw CR7 and Messi10, I think the closest of players close to those two are Neymar, Suarez, Ibrahimovic, james, Lewandoski and Muller (always underated), CR7 and Messi10 are miles ahead.

Why not goalkeepers and defenders..? Well Neuer came close last time and Canavaro in 2006. Depends on what criteria they are using. I would have prefered Xavi won it in 2010. He was instrumental and master class in midfield and kept that for a very long time.

Why always Europe? In terms of quality, brand and Rating, Europe is the best in the world especially with the Ucl, UEL, EPL, Scudetto, La liga, Bundesliga, ligue1, Eredivisie etc. You want to show case yourself on the very big stage? Come to Europe, that's why you have lots of South Americans and Africans plying their trade there.

As for the APOTY, I don't wanna say yaya toure should win it because he won the AFCON. No doubt for the past years he's been at the very top and an engine for Man city. But from last season to now his form has dipped while the likes of Aubameyang, Mane, Mahrez, Ighalo and Brahimi has improved and becoming key members of their various clubs though the size and performance of their clubs might go against, but individually they can challenge Toure.

APOTY should go to Aubameyang, he his fast and have been scoring of lately. I don't know why the likes of Arsenal and Man United won't snap him up? Ratherthan wasting money looking for forwards.

I do not think we can give it to Aubameyang after the terrible season Dortmund had that led to the departure of Klopp. No doubt the young man has come back with a bang but the cloud of last season is part of 2015. He can not get my vote until he has a better year.

Yaya was not so bad club wise. The Cityzens finished second. He still has the AFCON to go with it. Yaya for me.
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by kendrick9(m): 2:00pm On Dec 12, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I do not think we can give it to Aubameyang after the terrible season Dortmund had that led to the departure of Klopp. No doubt the young man has come back with a bang but the cloud of last season is part of 2015. He can not get my vote until he has a better year.

Yaya was not so bad club wise. The Cityzens finished second. He still has the AFCON to go with it. Yaya for me.
just lyk i said i will personally give it to aubamayeng,he has been fantastic this year 2015... afterall this award is for 2015 not last year so ur dortmund burrara is irrelevant...facts are aubamayeng has produced since the turn of the year 2015.. i understand why some may chose yaya due to the afcon win.

1 Like

Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:10pm On Dec 12, 2015
kendrick9:
just lyk i said i will personally give it to aubamayeng,he has been fantastic this year 2015... afterall this award is for 2015 not last year so ur dortmund burrara is irrelevant...facts are aubamayeng has produced since the turn of the year 2015.. i understand why some may chose yaya due to the afcon win.

Aubameyang has been immense in the second half of the year. However, the Dortmund collapse is not a 2014 thing but a 2014-2015 thing. It is also part of 2015.

So I personally think he would not get my vote because of the earlier part of the year.

As you pointed out, it is a personal choice. Some might look at it as Aubameyang picking himself from a disaster and making and ending in an immense year. Props to the guy. Definitely one of the top African heroes of 2015.
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:11pm On Dec 12, 2015
Messi Individual highlighs, home performance against Man City.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42eE9XIqg3E

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by safarigirl(f): 3:45pm On Dec 12, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

[b]Messi clearly merited it this year and CR7 closely followed behind. Followed by Neymar and then Suarez. Those were the best performing players on the planet.

Is it not this year CR7 hit five in a game against Espanyol? The Messi magical goal in the Copa Del Rey Finals? Remember Messi's performances home and away against Man City. After the game, I exclaimed with a frustrated voice, "Give Messi the World Best again."

As for African levels, the likes of Mahrez, Ayew and Aubameyang started performing this season. Last season was awful for Dortmund ans Aubameyang.

Yaya performed okay with his club but coupled with his Afcon winning performance, Yaya Clearly takes it.

Mahrez, Ayew and co. have to perform this well next year to knick it off Yaya.

Messi's Wonder goal against Bilbao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzPLC9gbHd8

I have downloaded and watched this goal many times but I was still breathless as I watched it now. Imagine Messi did this in a cup final.

Cristiano Ronaldo (CR7) five goals against Espanyol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzx-FYtVc4A
[/b]
so now we use AFCON? Couple of years ago it didn't matter
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:58pm On Dec 12, 2015
safarigirl:
so now we use AFCON? Couple of years ago it didn't matter

Couple of years ago, they were wrong. Mikel was clearly the best. Mikel did not only influence a great return of Nigeria as AFCON champions. He was part of the team that won the Europa League for Chelsea and had a nice confederation cup show.

I am okay if Yaya is rightly awarded his awards but that year, CAF got it wrong.
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by fF01(m): 8:33pm On Dec 12, 2015
@op do u knw d meaning of Individual Brilliance? Or u just want someone else on d Ballon d'or podium just 4 boring sake??
U suppose dey happy sef say Ronaldo na real hustler wey up en game tackle Messi well. Mayb Op 4 don go Zurich go para 4 dem if to say Messi don win am like 7times straight...

2 Likes

Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by prof800(m): 12:13am On Dec 13, 2015
These 3 own the stage for now. Let them rock.
Until somebody throws "Issa Hayattou" and co. out of FIFA!

1 Like

Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by Lero15(m): 5:04pm On Dec 13, 2015
Goalkeepers and defenders are being cheated every year.

Now it's about how much goals and trophies you win. That's bad.
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by E383: 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2015
Safarigirl is right. Did yaya perform better than Brahimi? No! Suarez, despite his non playing time due to a ban managed to score over 30goals and still was not short listed in the top 5.

This FiFA arrangement is a sham. A disgrace in itself.

I'd rather believe Nigerian politicians than believe FIFA and their antics.

Pffffft.
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by fF01(m): 5:49pm On Dec 31, 2015
mannobi:
abi o! Zurich no far na.
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by zanga420: 8:24pm On Jan 17, 2016
seankay:

I agree with you on the Ronaldo and Messi's monopoly. Gone are the days where Defenders and Goalkeepers were included in the last three but these days,score 50 goals in a season and you are good to go. I still maintain my stance that Sneidjer deserved the Ballon'dor in 2010 but he was overlooked cos he didn't score much. Iniesta is also a player that could have won the Ballon'dor if the criteria is not goal based.

Chelseafan#
the greatest disservice in the fifa award was in 2010(messi didnt deserve it that year). Then 2013 against mikel also okocha 1998 n 2004. Unfortunately, one of d disadvantages of public voting, people vote with emotion n what d media influence. Eg headies 2015 saga.
But d solution should be better voters enlightment on d criteria used.
Try n read Philip Lahm article on goal website. Goalkeepers n defensive players are always cheated by d glory hunters upfront not d type of selfless service d render.
Cc: safarigirl

3 Likes

Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by zanga420: 8:32pm On Jan 17, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Couple of years ago, they were wrong. Mikel was clearly the best. Mikel did not only influence a great return of Nigeria as AFCON champions. He was part of the team that won the Europa League for Chelsea and had a nice confederation cup show.

I am okay if Yaya is rightly awarded his awards but that year, CAF got it wrong.
disadvantages of public voting, people vote with emotion, sentiment n media influence/hype, than criteria or facts.

2 Likes

Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by safarigirl(f): 10:16pm On Jan 17, 2016
zanga420:
the greatest disservice in the fifa award was in 2010(messi didnt deserve it that year). Then 2013 against mikel also okocha 1998 n 2004. Unfortunately, one of d disadvantages of public voting, people vote with emotion n what d media influence. Eg headies 2015 saga.
But d solution should be better voters enlightment on d criteria used.
Try n read Philip Lahm article on goal website. Goalkeepers n defensive players are always cheated by d glory hunters upfront not d type of selfless service d render.
Cc: safarigirl
honestly, the fact that no one considers that of not for the likes of Ramos, Marcelo and Neuer, all the Messis, Neymars and CR7s in the world, can't win you trophies is pathetic.

Is it Mess I stopping balls at penalty shoot-outs? Is it CR7 that ensures a goalless draw? All those guys do is wait for the ball to reach them all the way from the other half 90% of the time, yet they get the encomiums, where is the justice?

1 Like

Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by seankay(m): 10:21pm On Jan 17, 2016
safarigirl:
honestly, the fact that no one considers that of not for the likes of Ramos, Marcelo and Neuer, all the Messis, Neymars and CR7s in the world, can't win you trophies is pathetic.

Is it Mess I stopping balls at penalty shoot-outs? Is it CR7 that ensures a goalless draw? All those guys do is wait for the ball to reach them all the way from the other half 90% of the time, yet they get the encomiums, where is the justice?
1 million likes
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by zanga420: 12:57am On Jan 19, 2016
safarigirl:

yeah, thats why they're called glory hunters. Its really affecting football. Fifa should look into that. So that goalkeepers n defensive players could be motivated n know they're part of d game.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brazil Fans Crying During Germany V Brazil / Watchout For The Best Female Punter / Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.