Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People (5088 Views)

Jose Mourinho Named Highest Paid Manager In World Football [Top 5] / Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats / 10 Footballers Whose Greed And Lifestyle Ruined Their Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by Lero15(m): 7:03am On Jan 21, 2016
The best option is to have these categories in their awards: best gk, best Def, best MD, best striker.

This should go round.
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 21, 2016
Lero15:
The best option is to have these categories in their awards: best gk, best Def, best MD, best striker.

This should go round.
Basically. That would solve a lot of things. Cause ranking players so generally is like comparing apples to oranges and trying to decide which one is better. C'est impossible and ofc the forwards/strikers with their showmanship will always take it....

Defendants have it even worse than goalies, at least for them people say "good save".... Good example of a thankless job lol
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by Lero15(m): 1:03pm On Jan 21, 2016
MrsPhyno:

Basically. That would solve a lot of things. Cause ranking players so generally is like comparing apples to oranges and trying to decide which one is better. C'est impossible and ofc the forwards/strikers with their showmanship will always take it....

Defendants have it even worse than goalies, at least for them people say "good save".... Good example of a thankless job lol
Hehe. Very on point!
Good to see you analyse football.

I hope you don't support Chelsea though grin
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 21, 2016
Lero15:

Hehe. Very on point!
Good to see you analyse football.

I hope you don't support Chelsea though grin
Oh thank you... Lol not really I just read your post and agreed with it......

Arsenal please grin
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by Lero15(m): 6:45am On Jan 22, 2016
MrsPhyno:

Oh thank you... Lol not really I just read your post and agreed with it......

Arsenal please grin
Lol.
Yipee!!!
Fellow Gunner cool
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by romme2u: 2:47am On Feb 15, 2016
seankay:

I agree with you on the Ronaldo and Messi's monopoly. Gone are the days where Defenders and Goalkeepers were included in the last three but these days,score 50 goals in a season and you are good to go. I still maintain my stance that Sneidjer deserved the Ballon'dor in 2010 but he was overlooked cos he didn't score much. Iniesta is also a player that could have won the Ballon'dor if the criteria is not goal based.

Chelseafan#

bros u get eye. u are a fan and not a fanatic as majority of football followers are.

sneijder deserved 2010 and inesta deserved 2012, even 2014 world cup MVP was for muller that messi had to shake his head in unbelieve.

i was like shouting my self hoarse over this but who cares.

safarigirl football now is more about the emotion and media hype to rake in the needed money (as it attracts fans and investors). FIFA has to make it as sensational as possible to draw in mega billion sponsorship deals for football to dominate the world of sport. u need BIG money to do that.

that is why the past 20 years have seen the likes of Russian billionaires Abrahimovic and the arsenal big man (i can't remember his name), daniel levy of totenham, the family owners of man u who invested billions, asian companies scrambling for sponsorship becos of the huge crowd it draws for adverts (business afterall coca cola did it), the qatar investment group pumping billions into PSG and recently the abu dhabi group spoiling man city and malaga.

the list goes on and on. without this sensationalism and media hype, there would not have been enough money to sponsor world cup, pay national FA's and engross the whole FIFA in scandalous corruption issues. Even countries are seriously lobbying to host world cup with the massive number of fans, tourist and capital inflow it generates for the host country. u can even see a host of companies like goal.com, adidas, nike, puma and others dedicating their business in the football direction becos of the billions it rakes in.

and for the info, i think there are terrible MAFIA's in FIFA fighting to control and corner the huge billions generated by the football association.

so dear it is more than what meets the eye. these guys alone generate billions for everything around them (club, country, companies)because of their passion so they have to be rewarded accordingly with recognition.

in economic sense, forgo equity in the system and embrace money to keep things running
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by YomaA(m): 6:02am On Feb 15, 2016
romme2u:

bros u get eye. u are a fan and not a fanatic as majority of football followers are.

sneijder deserved 2010 and inesta deserved 2012, even 2014 world cup MVP was for muller that messi had to shake his head in unbelieve.

i was like shouting my self hoarse over this but who cares.

safarigirl football now is more about the emotion and media hype to rake in the needed money (as it attracts fans and investors). FIFA has to make it as sensational as possible to draw in mega billion sponsorship deals for football to dominate the world of sport. u need BIG money to do that.

that is why the past 20 years have seen the likes of Russian billionaires Abrahimovic and the arsenal big man (i can't remember his name), daniel levy of totenham, the family owners of man u who invested billions, asian companies scrambling for sponsorship becos of the huge crowd it draws for adverts (business afterall coca cola did it), the qatar investment group pumping billions into PSG and recently the abu dhabi group spoiling man city and malaga.

the list goes on and on. without this sensationalism and media hype, there would not have been enough money to sponsor world cup, pay national FA's and engross the whole FIFA in scandalous corruption issues. Even countries are seriously lobbying to host world cup with the massive number of fans, tourist and capital inflow it generates for the host country. u can even see a host of companies like goal.com, adidas, nike, puma and others dedicating their business in the football direction becos of the billions it rakes in.

and for the info, i think there are terrible MAFIA's in FIFA fighting to control and corner the huge billions generated by the football association.

so dear it is more than what meets the eye. these guys alone generate billions for everything around them (club, country, companies)because of their passion so they have to be rewarded accordingly with recognition.

in economic sense, forgo equity in the system and embrace money to keep things running

2010 messi broke a record of no of goals in a calendar year,nigerians still won't see any glory in awarding him ballon D'or, 2012 yes iniesta deserved it,how bout the year Cr7 won even wen ribery was at the heart of bayern munich treble win? 2014 was a world cup year, messi single handedly took argentina to the finals of the world cup,scoring 4 of argentinas 7 goals at the world cup, thats leadership, yes muller set a record but messi had a much more difficult task,ge was in the tick of everything,assisted by macherano nd di maria but injury at d final too di maria and still Germany struggled. Yes we shud appreciate defenders and goal keepers, but if am not mistaken, goals win games,no matter how many saves d goal keeper makes or defenders block, if u don't score goals, d match ba draw,or loss,add the ridiculous statistics of goals messi and cr7 gets, no matter how u see it, that podium belongs to them,mind u I have seen messi play all kinds of roles for barca except goal keeper,he takes the game upon him,does unimaginable stuffs.
I wud support a ballon dor for each category tho but I think fifa already has that,they have the fifa 11 which brings d best in each role as a team and yrs ago that team usually called world 11 played matches.
Also wat us d role of the media, all we see is magical messi, cr7 scores 5 or hatrick (personally I think he's a greedy footballer) e.g messi's penalty of last nite has won d headlines, d goalkeeper dt conceded 6 goals can't win the headlines or bravo who conceded 1, so there's no way u can take these guys out of the top,the rivalry has been gud for football, check the Epl, players struggle to make double figures in goals.
And finally after the voting, fifa releases the list of voters and who they voted for as their top 3 footballers, voters include coaches,national team captains and media,that way u can't say it was biased or influenced,just that we nigerians like criticising everything.
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by romme2u: 7:48am On Feb 15, 2016
YomaA:

2010 messi broke a record of no of goals in a calendar year,nigerians still won't see any glory in awarding him ballon D'or, 2012 yes iniesta deserved it,how bout the year Cr7 won even wen ribery was at the heart of bayern munich treble win? 2014 was a world cup year, messi single handedly took argentina to the finals of the world cup,scoring 4 of argentinas 7 goals at the world cup, thats leadership, yes muller set a record but messi had a much more difficult task,ge was in the tick of everything,assisted by macherano nd di maria but injury at d final too di maria and still Germany struggled. Yes we shud appreciate defenders and goal keepers, but if am not mistaken, goals win games,no matter how many saves d goal keeper makes or defenders block, if u don't score goals, d match ba draw,or loss,add the ridiculous statistics of goals messi and cr7 gets, no matter how u see it, that podium belongs to them,mind u I have seen messi play all kinds of roles for barca except goal keeper,he takes the game upon him,does unimaginable stuffs.
I wud support a ballon dor for each category tho but I think fifa already has that,they have the fifa 11 which brings d best in each role as a team and yrs ago that team usually called world 11 played matches.
Also wat us d role of the media, all we see is magical messi, cr7 scores 5 or hatrick (personally I think he's a greedy footballer) e.g messi's penalty of last nite has won d headlines, d goalkeeper dt conceded 6 goals can't win the headlines or bravo who conceded 1, so there's no way u can take these guys out of the top,the rivalry has been gud for football, check the Epl, players struggle to make double figures in goals.
And finally after the voting, fifa releases the list of voters and who they voted for as their top 3 footballers, voters include coaches,national team captains and media,that way u can't say it was biased or influenced,just that we nigerians like criticising everything.

breaking records in the number of goals in a calendar year is a feat, who did that help? did it help him and his teammate to pick silverware that season?

what of c.ronaldo who broke all records in Real Madrid and Spain getting 60 goals (highest in a season) last season without silverware, did it gave him balloon d'or?

or was 2010 not a world cup year where sneijder won treble with inter and took netherland to the world cup final losing to spain due to the folly of robben?

Keep setting and promoting double standards to favour urself but know that it will backfire when the going gets tough.
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by YomaA(m): 8:45am On Feb 15, 2016
romme2u:

breaking records in the number of goals in a calendar year is a feat, who did that help? did it help him and his teammate to pick silverware that season?

what of c.ronaldo who broke all records in Real Madrid and Spain getting 60 goals (highest in a season) last season without silverware, did it gave him balloon d'or?

or was 2010 not a world cup year where sneijder won treble with inter and took netherland to the world cup final losing to spain due to the folly of robben?

Keep setting and promoting double standards to favour urself but know that it will backfire when the going gets tough.

Score 93 goals in one year and come back talking. A record held by the great G.muller. Keep denying the fact that it was D.milito's brilliance that gave inter that champs lg,he won d uefa man of the match award sef,his goals brought dem that far, even the likes of cambiasso,zannetti,Julio cesar,pandev all..
Even the robben u insulting took bayern to the same final,the dutch team were physical at the world cup and warranted the red heitinga got,they were no class for spain.
Back to 2010 season, messi was top scorer with 34 gls,won the league,won club world cup,set a record of 93 calendar gls..abeg go boil rock,that has been setting his records nd breaking dem,who no like make he go help buhari bring back our naira.
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by YomaA(m): 8:51am On Feb 15, 2016
romme2u:

World cup year, if so ronaldo no suppose with 2014 ballon Dor then, shud ve been muller,going by ur choice and sneijder yes was brilliant but if milito wasn't brilliant in his goal scoring inter for no win shit.
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by romme2u: 10:04am On Feb 15, 2016
YomaA:

World cup year, if so ronaldo no suppose with 2014 ballon Dor then, shud ve been muller,going by ur choice and sneijder yes was brilliant but if milito wasn't brilliant in his goal scoring inter for no win shit.

u are not making any sense, contradicting urself upandan.

how can u accept that sneijder was brilliant but it was the brilliancy of milito that gave inter victory. was eto not brilliant that season for inter or sneijder did not score barca during the first semi-final leg? or as safarigirl girl posited "it was milito who moved the ball from the midfield to the box where he scored his super brilliant goals".

i can't make any sense from what u are saying. imagine spewing that spain hounded holland who had two one on one via robben with casillas aptly supplied by sneijder.

guy ur reasoning beats ma imagination
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by YomaA(m): 11:34am On Feb 15, 2016
romme2u:

how can u accept that sneijder was brilliant but it was the brilliancy of milito that gave inter victory. was eto not brilliant that season for inter or sneijder did not score barca during the first semi-final leg? or as safarigirl girl posited "it was milito who moved the ball from the midfield to the box where he scored his super brilliant goals".

i can't make any sense from what u are saying. imagine spewing that spain hounded holland who had two one on one via robben with casillas aptly supplied by sneijder.

So it was sneijder dat played defence attack midf and goal keeper abi u no see zannetti cambiasso and other i paid respect to, I said militos brilliance got d goals and all.
Na u dey contradict ur self up and down young man.
Re: World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People by YomaA(m): 11:37am On Feb 15, 2016
I
romme2u:

Holland had one on one,who d one on one help? Who scores the most goals wins d game n gets price period) dey spit jaguns there

(1) (2) (Reply)

Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job / Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree / 3+ Odds Lets Win Together.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.