Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks (98936 Views)

MTN Secretly Reviewed Its Tariff Plans / 9mobile Launches New Tariff Plans, Check Out The Offers And Migration Codes / UPDATED: Cheapest Call/SMS Rates/Tariff Plans In Nigeria Across All Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by lharstborn(m): 8:01am On Dec 13, 2015
I'm on gbam+ but I noticed that ever since I signed up for the *200# thingy which gives me 200% bonus on any recharge above #200, I get charged as high as 40k for making calls to any network. when I checked to see if I've been migrated away from gbam+, I saw that I'm still subscribed to the plan. @ OP please can you shed more light on this fix? thanks
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by bqlekan(m): 8:01am On Dec 13, 2015
they all are the same rate.., no one is willing to break the box
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 13, 2015
Abatsam111:
Last Updated: 13/12/2015. 07:16am
Update: Mtn has done their worse and increased Truetalk+ call rates to 20k/s so its currently no where near the cheapest call plan...
I used to love this plan not until they messed up!.... I am presently Enjoying Airtel
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by damibravo(m): 8:09am On Dec 13, 2015
Best plan for family and friends?
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by chinchum(m): 8:11am On Dec 13, 2015
I still use the 11k /sec rate on MTN true talk +, but i guess it wont apply for new entrants in to the plan.
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by Eyop: 8:12am On Dec 13, 2015
lharstborn:
I'm on gbam+ but I noticed that ever since I signed up for the *200# thingy which gives me 200% bonus on any recharge above #200, I get charged as high as 40k for making calls to any network. when I checked to see if I've been migrated away from gbam+, I saw that I'm still subscribed to the plan. @ OP please can you shed more light on this fix? thanks

It also happened to me. Just deactivate the 200% Bonus by dialling *201#. That 200% Bonus is a scam or call their CCR to assist with the deactivation.
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by infogenius(m): 8:15am On Dec 13, 2015
deebsman1:
Spreads mat.

OP, pls edit and put how to check current tarrif plan/profile on all those networks

What baffles 1 d most b those ads by those networks boldly on air and by d time someone really scrutinizes, u'll realize say all d ads na scam

Terms and conditions apply tongue

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by chuckcy(m): 8:16am On Dec 13, 2015
Souljaboi1:

Please how do I migrate. I'm charged 40k/sec for calls on my etisalat line.

Its just playing redundancy on my phone.
cant u read?

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by maasoap(m): 8:20am On Dec 13, 2015
Abatsam111:
Recently there have been a lot of competition and upgrades amongst these networks in both data plans and call tariff plans. First on tariff was Etisalat with Eti easy life 4.0. Then mtn seeing the plan as a threat quickly followed suite.
With all this changes, i think its time you stop making calls at exorbitant rates that even my billionaire grand pa will object to lols. I Decided to write this after realising MTN zone plan now selects sims to call which is almost as good as blocked.
As at the time of writing this post, below are the cheapest Tariff plans from the four most used networks here in Nigeria. So you can compare and pick out the one which suites your daily budget, business or call habit/pattern.
Cheapest Tariff On Etisalat

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqMkc0UZG_Ad51IHA_UpF_A9JfvB0nD_womOfip6PEl3TuMnWn1ir490IN[/img]
For Etisalat, the cheapest tariff plan is no other than the newly launched Etisalat Easylife 4.0 package. which comprises of:

==>Calls at 11k/Sec to all network in Nigeria.
==>Calls at 20k/sec to 4
international destinations (UK landlines, US, China, India).
==>₦5 daily access fee which
will be deducted once you make your 1st voice call of the day.
==>With this, a minute call will amount to N6.6 only.
Subscription Code?
Dial *420*1#. After which you dial *244*3# to Confirm/check it.

Cheapest Tariff On MTN

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTI71J1gBJ2HTSEP4pizK0tWj8kS39pgdhiLgs8EVSzipXfEgwYj_dWJA[/img]
Update: Mtn has done their worse and increased Truetalk+ call rates to 20k/s so its currently no where near the cheapest call plan.
As for MTN, the new MTN Truetalk+ is your best bet. Its an upgrade of the previous MTN Truetalk plan. The plan offers:
==>Calls to all network in Nigeria at 11 kobo per second and 20kobo per secs to UK, USA, India, Canada and China with a daily access fee of N5 once you make your first call of the day.

How To Subscribe To TrueTalk+?
==>dial *123*20#

Cheapest Tariff Plan On Airtel

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxDi7knRocL6mp98zWhn6sbyraKhO9bRZRX6uq4j0nIm_wtNbP1Jc-hw[/img]
On Airtel, just give it up for the new Airtel SmartTalk plan which more or less offers same rate with Eti easylife 4.0 above. Details include:
==>Calls to all networks in Nigeria at 11 kobo per second (from the very
1st second) with a daily access fee of ₦5 charged once you make your first call of the day.
==>International calls at 20k per second to USA, Canada, China,
India and UK Landline.

How To Subscribe To SmartTALK?
Just Dial *315# to migrate or send Yes via text to 315

Cheapest Tariff Plan On Glo

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS82sAzoUMG3YHXfUCsg9SVlzUJQTug4IfDrkbDuRBNxFKQ7HhZtsUAp_I[/img]

After reviewing all the tariff plan by glo, the cheapest still remains Glo Gbam Plus.
All with similar call tariff plan of 11K/sec to all networks after a daily access fee of N5.
Glo Gbam + (Plus)is Glo latest and cheapest call tariff plan that offers all prepaid Glo subscribers the ability to make calls to all networks at 11K/sec after a daily access fee of N5.
And you should note that the N5 is deducted only on days you make chargeable call, therefore you will not be charged the N5 daily access on days that you do not make any call.
With the Glo Gbam + (Plus) you can also call 5 international destinations of US, UK, China, India and Canada at a flat rate of 20k/sec and local and international SMS rates are charged at N4 and N10 respectively.

To migrate to Glo Gbam Plus, simply dial *100*6*1# with your Glo line and start enjoying the amazing call rates of 11K/sec to all networks.
You should also note that this is quite different from your normal Glo Gbam where you get 5mb daily and N5 daily access is deducted daily with or without you making call.
Now with the new Gbam Plus plan, you no longer get the daily 5mb.

Now I believe this is the time where you now make call without minding the network that you are calling and without constantly checking your account balance after every call because it is really getting cheaper by the day.

Thanks for viewing this. Please click the SHARE button.
No vex o, I must save this in my posts.
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by Brite100: 8:20am On Dec 13, 2015
glo bam plus wins it for me
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by don33310(m): 8:26am On Dec 13, 2015
Mind you,in MTN,there is true talk and true talk+,so don't get confused,it is true talk+,that the op is talk about.
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by Rooy57(m): 8:26am On Dec 13, 2015
Stale
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by ceelog(m): 8:26am On Dec 13, 2015
[quote author=Abatsam111 post=40945110]Last Updated: 13/12/2015. 07:16am
Recently there have been a lot of competition and upgrades amongst these networks in both data plans and call tariff plans. First on tariff was Etisalat with Eti easy life 4.0. Then mtn seeing the plan as a threat quickly followed suite.
With all this changes, i think its time you stop making calls at exorbitant rates that even my billionaire grand pa will object to lols. I Decided to write this after realising MTN zone plan now selects sims to call which is almost as good as blocked.
As at the time of writing this post, below are the cheapest Tariff plans from the four most used networks here in Nigeria. So you can compare and pick out the one which suites your daily budget, business or call habit/pattern.

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqMkc0UZG_Ad51IHA_UpF_A9JfvB0nD_womOfip6PEl3TuMnWn1ir490IN[/img]
For Etisalat, the cheapest tariff plan is no other than the newly launched Etisalat Easylife 4.0 package. which comprises of:

==>Calls at 20k/sec to 4
Subscription Code?

Cheapest Tariff On MTN

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTI71J1gBJ2HTSEP4pizK0tWj8kS39pgdhiLgs8EVSzipXfEgwYj_dWJA[/img]
Update: Mtn has done their worse and increased Truetalk+ call rates to 20k/s so its currently no where near the cheapest call plan.
As for MTN, the new MTN Truetalk+ is your best bet. Its an upgrade of the previous MTN Truetalk plan. The plan offers:
==>Calls to all network in Nigeria at 11 kobo per second and 20kobo per secs to UK, USA, India, Canada and China with a daily access fee of N5 once you make your first call of the day.

==>dial *123*20#

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxDi7knRocL6mp98zWhn6sbyraKhO9bRZRX6uq4j0nIm_wtNbP1Jc-hw[/img]
On Airtel, just give it up for the new Airtel SmartTalk plan which more or less offers same rate with Eti easylife 4.0 above. Details include:
1st second) with a daily access fee of ₦5 charged once you make your first call of the day.
India and UK Landline.

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS82sAzoUMG3YHXfUCsg9SVlzUJQTug4IfDrkbDuRBNxFKQ7HhZtsUAp_I[/img]

After reviewing all the tariff plan by glo, the cheapest still remains Glo Gbam Plus.
All with similar call tariff plan of 11K/sec to all networks after a daily access fee of N5.
Glo Gbam + (Plus)is Glo latest and cheapest call tariff plan that offers all prepaid Glo subscribers the ability to make calls to all networks at 11K/sec after a daily access fee of N5.
And you should note that the N5 is deducted only on days you make chargeable call, therefore you will not be charged the N5 daily access on days that you do not make any call.
With the Glo Gbam + (Plus) you can also call 5 international destinations of US, UK, China, India and Canada at a flat rate of 20k/sec and local and international SMS rates are charged at N4 and N10 respectively.

To migrate to Glo Gbam Plus, simply dial *100*6*1# with your Glo line and start enjoying the amazing call rates of 11K/sec to all networks.
You should also note that this is quite different from your normal Glo Gbam where you get 5mb daily and N5 daily access is deducted daily with or without you making call.

Now I believe this is the time where you now make call without minding the network that you are calling and without constantly checking your account balance after every call because it is really getting cheaper by the day.

Thanks for viewing this.

Pls why didn't you mention that migrating to Glo gbam plus attracts a fee of 100N? Is that applicable to others?
Please list the corresponding fees for all networks when migrating. Thanks
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by chuckcy(m): 8:31am On Dec 13, 2015
MTN 3GB DATA FOR N300

Things are really getting better with our network providers here in Nigeria, first it was Airtel 1GB for N100 data plan, now MTN has decided to follow suit by launching something much better.
The Funniest Plan Is That MTN is not offering the usual 1GB, instead they are introducing 3GB of data for 300 naira just for the weekends.. This should certainly work on any device, cutting my long story short. Let me go straight to the Business…

How can I subscribe for the Weekend plan?

To subscribe, just be sure to have a minimum of N300 (three hundred Naira) in your MTN sim and Simply dial *131*1*5# and select the plan, just as you see below.
Choose the second option by typing 2 and tapping the send button. N300 will be deducted from your account balance and your 3GB data for the weekend will be activated
Hence, if you are looking at having a weekend with some more downloads, surfing or more data to take you through, the mtn 3GB for N300 data plan might be the best bet.
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by nenergy(m): 8:32am On Dec 13, 2015
MTN goodybag 750 and 1,000 were the best. 10k/sec to all network. Bonus 1200 or 1600 respectively. But sadly it has been stopped.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 13, 2015
The mtn, will #5 be deducted even witot making calls daily? And is there any data bonus upon recharge? Pls help me out.
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by Abatsam111(m): 8:43am On Dec 13, 2015
deebsman1:
Spreads mat.

OP, pls edit and put how to check current tarrif plan/profile on all those networks

What baffles 1 d most b those ads by those networks boldly on air and by d time someone really scrutinizes, u'll realize say all d ads na scam
Thank for your suggestion.
You really get my mind but the system is denying me. It keeps displaying Please wait for a few minutes before submitting this post. Our server is overwhelmed.
Anyway, let me drop it here, i will post it formally when the system allows that.

New Codes for Checking Your Current Call Tariff Plans on MTN, Airtel, Glo and Etisalat

Even as I write this, I know that many don’t even know the current call tariff plan on their major mobile networks.

Though sometimes, I don’t blame anybody for not knowing his/her current call tariff plans on those networks because the rate at which newer tariff plans pops up thereby making the plans many and confusing.

Today, you will hear of Easylife 4.0 Flat plan and because of the juicy offer it promises, you migrate sharply, then tomorrow another one will come out and the will say it is Etisalat Easylife 4.0 Limited Editionand that it is currently the cheapest call tariff plan available, you will still migrate.

You will now notice that all this migrate here migrate there sometimes are the main reason why many people forget their current call tariff plan.

Without even wasting any time, here are the new codes for checking of current call tariff plans on all the networks;
= => For MTN just dial *123*1*2# and you will see your current call tariff plan
= =>ForAirtel– it is quite tricky, dial as follows; *121# then reply with 5 and then reply again with 2
= => For Glo, simply dial #100#, though sometimes you will receive the message USSDC: ESME unreachable, but in that case, just redial the code until you see your current call tariff plan
= => For Etisalat, simply dial *200*1*6# and you are there.
I hope the above info helped.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by Meriekriss: 8:44am On Dec 13, 2015
abumeinben:

deduction dey happen if u make the first call, if u nor call for that day, u acct dey kampe

Does this also applies for mtn true talk plus
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by edogu(m): 8:46am On Dec 13, 2015
@Op Pls will my migration to globam affect my glo BlackBerry subscription?
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by martinlooter(m): 8:49am On Dec 13, 2015
Warlord3000:
What's good cos have abandoned my mtn since zone tariff was over and the Trutalk+ hiked smiley

Now am owing them 1k cheesy

Are you my twin? Cos your post perfectly describes my condition with them. Only receive calls with the freaky Sim. Don't care recharging, cos I don't wish to pay back anytime soon

Meanwhile, op, until you get a better plan on MTN that is different from dis Trutalk+ that charges 20k per second, I ain't interested. MTN should go Bleep themselves, since NCC fined them, they've been treating customers like oil wells.

2 Likes

Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by eltweezy90(m): 8:51am On Dec 13, 2015
Weda you no call person sef dem go still deduct d daily access fee of 5 naira.
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 13, 2015
Ahmed0336:
Me wey dey spend days without calling una want make dem dey deduct 5naira from my acct daily? Dat no go work angry

Have been using GBAM now for almost months that i can't even counts, am okay with the #5 deduction. It pays
I even talked about the cheapest and best tarriff plan on GLO at http://www.netsocialblog.com/2015/10/could-this-be-best-and-cheapest-tariff.html
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by todayguest(m): 9:03am On Dec 13, 2015
Hmmm! I was excited, when I saw the caption. Sadly, these are all tariff plans that have being active for over three months now. No new update!
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by dapsonlou(m): 9:13am On Dec 13, 2015
I have a question, I normally load 5k on my airtel and with *234*5# they give me 16,000 naira, but that 16k doesn't last for a month, it takes about 2weeks to finish. Is the plan a good plan or a gimmick?
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by Prince16: 9:17am On Dec 13, 2015
@Abatsam111, What more can I say? your_head_itz_diarh!!!
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by abiolag(m): 9:21am On Dec 13, 2015
Mtn Goodybag still remains d best. On Goodybag #1000 credit will give u 233 minutes of calls while dis OP's tariff will give u just 155 minutes of calls even without d #5 daily access charge

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by Prince16: 9:29am On Dec 13, 2015
abiolag:
Mtn Goodybag still remains d best. On Goodybag #1000 credit will give u 233 minutes of calls while dis OP's tariff will give u just 155 minutes of calls even without d #5 daily access charge
What's d duration/expiry date for the 233 mins?
Tnks.
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by yjgm(m): 9:49am On Dec 13, 2015
Abatsam111:

==>Calls at 20k/sec to 4
Subscription Code?

Cheapest Tariff On MTN

==>dial *123*20#

My broda, ur cheap call rate on Mtn is wrong. Just spoke to an operator and she said the call charge on Mtn truetalk plus is a flat rate of 20k per second to all networks. So correct it pls.

India and UK Landline.

Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by yjgm(m): 9:51am On Dec 13, 2015
Abatsam111:

==>Calls at 20k/sec to 4
Subscription Code?

Cheapest Tariff On MTN

==>dial *123*20#

India and UK Landline.

My broda, ur cheap call rate on Mtn is wrong. Just spoke to an operator and she said the call charge on Mtn truetalk plus is a flat rate of 20k per second to all networks. So correct it pls.
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by emerged01(m): 9:55am On Dec 13, 2015
I'm dinning with Airtel no matter what
Re: UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks by yjgm(m): 9:59am On Dec 13, 2015
abiolag:
. Sorry, Mtn goody bag is no longer active. They have stopped it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mtn Changes Recharge Card Loading Pattern And Reduces Card Pin / Airtel Complete List Of Data Plan, Bundles, Subscription Codes And Prices / Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.