Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,084 members, 7,811,043 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? (13509 Views)

Jose Mourinho : The Best Football Coach In The World / Who's The World's Best Football Coach? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by bollingjoe(m): 9:59am On Jul 30, 2008
mine wuz the ucl semifinal btw ac milan and barca where giuly scored a beautiful goal to go thru to the finals of 2006 finals
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by yommys01(m): 12:05pm On Jul 30, 2008
Mine has to be Nigeria Vs Brazil Altanta 96, Ac Milan Vs Arsenal last champions and Nigeria Vs Cameroun Tunisia 2004, not so great but wonderful match I can not forget.
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by dyabman(m): 1:07pm On Jul 30, 2008
totteham vs arsenal 4-5 (03)

chelsea vs liverpool 0-1 (04)

chelsea vs manu 3-1, tiagooooooooooooooooooo sweet goal

Juventus vs Ac milan 0-0 champions league (03)
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by alex406(m): 2:32pm On Aug 07, 2008
Nigeria vs Brazil venue Abuja stadium where they traunced nigeria and thought them how to play the game in their home.
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by lordimpaq(m): 3:29pm On Aug 08, 2008
euro 2004,

czech republic vs holland

the match ended 3-2,

that is the best match ever,
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by folahann(m): 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2008
It's not a popular match and was recent: when Zenit lashed Bayern 4:0 in UEFA Cup just last season
I opened my mouth and couldn't close it until the end of the match
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by lordimpaq(m): 4:39pm On Aug 08, 2008
@folahann

why do i have a feeling this post was meant for dayokanu, anyways it was a good match, grin
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by dayokanu(m): 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2008
Mine was Man Utd 6 Arsenal 1. in 2001.
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by lordimpaq(m): 5:02pm On Aug 08, 2008
i knew u were gonna reply,

u neva disappoint on d day,

i was even expecting bayern munich vs arsenal 3-1 UCL 2nd round of 2005

grin
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by debosky(m): 5:08pm On Aug 08, 2008
Manchester United vs Real Madrid 23 April 2003, in the Champions League, ending 4-3 in favour of MU, but Real progressing on to the nest stage.

what a feast of attacking football! Real Madrid at their best, Ronaldo was simply out of this world.
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by lordimpaq(m): 5:11pm On Aug 08, 2008
@debosky

na barthez Bleep up for dat match,

imagine ronaldo scoring a toe poke goal from outside the 18,
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by dayokanu(m): 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2008
@ Lordi,
Barthez No Bleep up Real was just too much The Old trafford fans got up and gave Ronaldo an earth moving applause when Ronaldo left did u see the third goal how it was worked.
Even in the first leg remember how Raul Schooled all those Man Utd idiots

I have a lot of games in my memory where Gayyners were totally anhiliated e.d Deportivo vs Arsenal 2002 Home and away, Valencia vs Arsenal anyday, Fiorentina vs Arsenal at Wembley, Barcelona vs ARsenal @ Wembley, Bolton vs Arsenal 2003, to mention a few.

For Man Utd Nothing delights me like watchig Dortmund home and away against Man Utd 1998, or Redondo dribbling hedding Berg in 2000 or Bayern whooping them home and away in 2001, or Levekusen rubbing salt on their wound in 2002. While in University, Arsenal fans usually hang around me cos they enjoy it when I start laying into Man Utd.

Overall anybody who watched Valencia in 2000 to the final would know what counter attacking football is all about.
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by debosky(m): 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2008
DK when will you get over this your perverted fascination with Arsenal? Can't you make a simple post without mentioning the club

This is the height of voyeurism, I think you need professional help. sad

@ Lordi

Ronaldo was awesome in that game, the tenacity, the boldness, the sheer guile to even try those kind of tricks. cheesy

10 defenders would not have held him down on that form, poor Barthez had no chance of stopping him.
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by folahann(m): 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2008
I didn't i was going to cause this traffic here, i only posted the most amazing match I've watched in recent times

Not intended to cause any chaos here, i was amazed at seeing a Russian team totally outplaying an heavy weight like Bayern. C'est magnificique
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by bolaoni(m): 5:56pm On Aug 08, 2008
There are so many matches that it will take 100 pages to state them all. But I remember that United 6 Arsenal 1 very well o.

Igor Stepanov was turned to something else that day and I remembered the Stop! Enough !chant by the United fans. cheesy

Naija Dream team Vs. Brazil nko? That one na ogbonge o. Never to be forgotten as well.

United Vs. Munich 1999 UCL at Nou Camp? Na shake I dey shake till Teddy and Ole do their magic. smiley
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by lordimpaq(m): 7:20pm On Aug 08, 2008
wats with u guys and the match arsenal lost 6-1,
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by Hannibal: 7:24pm On Aug 08, 2008
@ Lordimpaq,

The 6-1 game was hilarious!!!

Dwight Yorke scored his hatrick under 20 mins.
It was so hilarious the way the goals were flowing. . . . .Fans had to chant. . . .ENOUGH, ENOUGH!!!
After the game, Wenger agreed the United team were too superb. . . .He said: No one could catch them. grin cheesy
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by lordimpaq(m): 7:30pm On Aug 08, 2008
that was then, then! then!!!

we've put that behind us now,
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by Hannibal: 7:39pm On Aug 08, 2008
@ Lordimpaq,

What about the Valentine's week MASSACRE!!
Nani, Fletcher and Wazza pulverised a very strong Arsenal side.
Does that count? wink
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by coldwater(m): 7:51pm On Aug 08, 2008
Romania vs Argentina ( 1990 World Cup ). Haggi was the man of the match
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by Ibime(m): 10:52pm On Aug 08, 2008
Well, for pure emotion, Nigeria vs Brazil did it for me. I remember our family held prayer meeting before extra-time and our prayers were answered. After the match, I felt like "Damn, we just beat Brazil. It feels great to be a Nigerian"
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by tocdee(m): 1:31pm On Aug 11, 2008
I think most football analysts will tell you that it was AC MILAN vs LIVERPOOL 2005 CL Final. It was a rollercoaster unfit for the faint hearted. Imagine being a supporter of either club!!! It was a miracle of football. Scoring 3 goals in 6 minutes against MILAN of 2005!!
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by tkb417(m): 5:56pm On Aug 11, 2008
Mine was Man Utd 6 Arsenal 1. in 2001.

grin grin grin great game!!!
never to be forgotten. but you know peeps like folahann had no access to a TV then, so they wont know what we're talking about
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by folahann(m): 6:53pm On Aug 11, 2008
tkb417:

grin grin grin great game!!!
never to be forgotten. but you know peeps like folahann had no access to a TV then, so they wont know what we're talking about

Yes! but i had access to TV and didn't know anything like football but when I did I saw Kaka single handedly destroy Man Utd in the 2006/07 UCL, the clashing of heads at OT and total massacre at San Siro angry Never seen Mansums being outclassed like that before
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by A40(m): 9:10pm On Aug 11, 2008
Nigeria vs Brazil

Arsenal vs Inter (5-1 at the San Siro)

Arsenal 1- 0 Man Utd (At OT Sylvain Wiltord you are the man)

Italy - Brazil USA 94 Final

Nigeria vs Cote D Ivoire

The list is endless
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by TPS360: 10:24am On Aug 14, 2008
Liverpool vs AC milan 2005. Uefa champ final, that was a classic[b][/b]
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by Bolernlay(m): 10:41am On Oct 02, 2009
arsenal 5 tottenham 4
arsenal 5 inter 1
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by khanye(m): 10:54am On Oct 02, 2009
Real Madrid 2 - Barcelona 6 grin
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by asha80(m): 5:16pm On Oct 02, 2009
Brazil vs france WC 1986 (the most technically sound match i have ever watched)

Romainia vs Argentina 1994 WC

Holland vs Argentina WC 1998

Valencia vs Lazio 1999/2000 CL in Mestalla

Barcelona vs Chelsea 1999/2000 in nou camp

Nigeria vs Bulgaria WC 1994
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by VPersie: 6:58pm On Jan 12, 2010
Arsenal Vs Ac MIlan at the San Siro
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by marcelonia: 11:58am On Jan 14, 2010
Nigeria vs Egypt in Angola 2010
Re: What's The Best Football Match U've Ever Watched? by GTay(m): 1:15pm On Jan 14, 2010
Nigeria 4 - 3 Brazil Atlanta 1996 Olympics

Real Madrid 3 - 2 Getafe La Liga 08/09 Season

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Violence: Nigerian League Fines 3SC, Bans Stadium And Expels 3SC's Media Officer / Super Eagles To Play Ivory Coast, Tunisia In October. / Osun United Supporters Attack Sunshine Football Club Fans,injure Many(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.