Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,455 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million (5643 Views)

Boko Haram Victims Funds: Buhari Speaks On Wrongdoings, Vows To Punish Culprits / "Release Our Stolen Funds" - Buhari To Switzerland President / Ex PPMC MD, Prince Haruna Momoh Was One Of Four Arrested With Diezani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by SignalNG1(m): 4:09pm On Dec 13, 2015
Kayode Sesan

President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday appealed to past Nigerian leaders who had stolen the country blind to voluntarily return their loots in the interest of the nation.

This is coming as SIGNAL exclusively reported in a tweet on Saturday that former Managing Director of Nigeria’s Petroleum Product Marketing Company (PPMC), Prince Haruna Momoh has returned the sum of $400 million to Nigeria’s treasury. Presidency sources who did not want to be named told SIGNAL on Saturday that the former boss of PPMC was still undergoing investigations for illegal crude oil swap deals running into hundreds of millions of dollars.

Buhari made the appeal in Kaduna while addressing the All Progressives Congress (APC) supporters and other youths at the first edition of Kaduna Annual Music Festival.

Buhari who spoke to supporters in English Language, before addressing the crowd in Hausa language, blamed the past government of the ruling Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) for mismanaging the country’s treasury when appreciable revenue was generated from sales of crude oil.

“We are not fighting anybody but we are appealing to them to return the stolen funds so that we can development electricity, roads and create jobs,” he said.

According to him, the PDP for 16 years mismanaged the country’s commonwealth, which created widespread under-development and abject poverty that required creative thinking and patience as his administration strives to revamp the economy to create employment, generate wealth and tackle the security challenges facing the nation. The President however promised to judiciously utilise government funds, but said Nigerians must endure the temporary difficulties of the country’s economic reality, in order to enjoy the benefits.

He noted that a creative approach was required to revamp the economy because of the colossal damage it suffered in the previous dispensation. He however lauded the Kaduna state government for promoting creative sector, at the same time urged citizens to leverage on the opportunities provided by the government.

Read more: http://www.signalng.com/return-stolen-funds-buhari-appeals-to-looters-as-ex-ppmc-md-returns-400-million/

1 Like

Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2015
we dey beg una now oo

4 Likes

Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by pyyxxaro: 4:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
Am begging all of you now o

So that when I start you won't say am wicked

Even SEUN am begging you too, if de gave you money return it now o tongue

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by rusher14: 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2015
400 Million what?
Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by rusher14: 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2015
100 billion Naira?

There is God o!

1 Like

Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by kolnel: 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2015
Nice
Pdp ruined this country ?
Most of them are in Apc now
So what do we have
I guess they rather start mentioning names
Like Jonathan ruined this country or what do you think
Meanwhile, I wonder how those looters sleep at night with all those figures
I will be torn in between sleeping in Paris or Miami every night

3 Likes

Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by greatiyk4u(m): 4:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
Am convinced this Man will not disappoint us

4 Likes

Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by Rednaxelot: 4:29pm On Dec 13, 2015
Is OK!

I think it will be nice and good if EFCC can partner with all the telecommunication service providers to create a code for every Nigerian to know if he/she has a loot in his/her possession.

Eg in this format;

if you want to know if you have a loot in your possession, text LOOT to 419 for free. You will receive an instant message to know if you have

I think by this, we will all know our status and plan how to return the loot.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2015
Unprecedented in the history of nigeria.After some fools will ask what the president has done.

6 Likes

Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by Abduljohn(m): 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2015
God! Why do we have callous human being as leaders lord? Just one person $400m!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by wachakuta(m): 4:42pm On Dec 13, 2015
The Goats r coming Out

2 Likes

Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by abiolert(m): 4:48pm On Dec 13, 2015
From these past few days, I have seen that wailers are relatively calm here. what has suddenly happened to Bacanister and co? I guess the realities of the atrocities of the previous government has dawned on them, and shown to the entire Nation, how cruel PDP's government was. my advice for treasury looters is, 'return the money you stole or you will never know peace for the rest of your life'. Amen!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by missangela: 4:51pm On Dec 13, 2015
abiolert:
From these past few days, I have seen that wailers are relatively calm here. what has suddenly happened to Bacanister and co? I guess the realities of the atrocities of previous government has dawned on them, and shown to the entire Nation, how cruel PDP's government was. my advice for treasury looters is, return the money you stole or you will never know peace for the rest of your life. Amen!

What about those who defected to Apc?,Did we dash them the loot?
Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by oduastates: 4:52pm On Dec 13, 2015
Wow.
400 million big ones from just one man in a small agency

1 Like

Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 13, 2015
Make I rush go villa go collect my share
Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by abiolert(m): 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2015
[quote author=missangela post=40968540]

What about those who defected to Apc?,Did we dash them the loot?
dear! defection will not prevent prosecution of any one if found guilty of corruption.

3 Likes

Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by GambaOsaka: 4:58pm On Dec 13, 2015
400 million dollars ....... One person ...... Arrrh aye akamora ooooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by bigtt76(f): 5:03pm On Dec 13, 2015
ROTFLMAO at emboldened grin

Rednaxelot:
Is OK!

I think it will be nice and good if EFCC can partner with all the telecommunication service providers to create a code for every Nigerian to know if he/she has a loot in his/her possession.

Eg in this format;

if you want to know if you have a loot in your possession, text LOOT to 419 for free. You will receive an instant message to know if you have

I think by this, we will all know our status and plan how to return the loot.
Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by Gayigaskia(m): 5:05pm On Dec 13, 2015
This is what you have with $400 million, my God

2 Likes

Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by Mjshexy(f): 5:11pm On Dec 13, 2015
How can someone steal this much & still have the conscience to drive round Nigeria seeing beggars on the street, dilapidated roads & houses, numerous unemployed youths..etc without any fear of God. Thank God this country is still standing sad angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by ahaz: 5:29pm On Dec 13, 2015
SignalNG1:
Kayode Sesan

President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday appealed to past Nigerian leaders who had stolen the country blind to voluntarily return their loots in the interest of the nation.

This is coming as SIGNAL exclusively reported in a tweet on Saturday that former Managing Director of Nigeria’s Petroleum Product Marketing Company (PPMC), Prince Haruna Momoh has returned the sum of $400 million to Nigeria’s treasury. Presidency sources who did not want to be named told SIGNAL on Saturday that the former boss of PPMC was still undergoing investigations for illegal crude oil swap deals running into hundreds of millions of dollars.

Buhari made the appeal in Kaduna while addressing the All Progressives Congress (APC) supporters and other youths at the first edition of Kaduna Annual Music Festival.

Buhari who spoke to supporters in English Language, before addressing the crowd in Hausa language, blamed the past government of the ruling Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) for mismanaging the country’s treasury when appreciable revenue was generated from sales of crude oil.

“We are not fighting anybody but we are appealing to them to return the stolen funds so that we can development electricity, roads and create jobs,” he said.

According to him, the PDP for 16 years mismanaged the country’s commonwealth, which created widespread under-development and abject poverty that required creative thinking and patience as his administration strives to revamp the economy to create employment, generate wealth and tackle the security challenges facing the nation. The President however promised to judiciously utilise government funds, but said Nigerians must endure the temporary difficulties of the country’s economic reality, in order to enjoy the benefits.

He noted that a creative approach was required to revamp the economy because of the colossal damage it suffered in the previous dispensation. He however lauded the Kaduna state government for promoting creative sector, at the same time urged citizens to leverage on the opportunities provided by the government.

Read more: http://www.signalng.com/return-stolen-funds-buhari-appeals-to-looters-as-ex-ppmc-md-returns-400-million/
am happy that obj,atiku,amaechi,kwamkwaso,wammako,masari and co are part of the pdp.
Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by ehissi(m): 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2015
What kind of lie lie blogger is this!!?? $400million and only signal news reports authoritatively on that? Not vanguard, not punch, not even premium times but signal??

Somebody returned $400million from Jonathan's government and APC didn't have a media buffet to rubbish the GEJ administration nor praise Buhari for exposing that corruption??

Other bloggers are reporting this as an unconfirmed report and signal here posting thrash!!

Thast how they said Nkonjo Iweala returned $10billion!! And Allison returned $90bn!! Nonsense angry

This in my opinion is rule 8 in violation!!??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by IceDude(m): 6:19pm On Dec 13, 2015
The funny thing is that some of the thieves av joined APC and they are still clamouring for change..... I pity this zoo; sowi this country grin
Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by gebest: 6:24pm On Dec 13, 2015
K
Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
Dangote is not the richest man in Nigeria or Africa.
Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by smsshola(m): 6:26pm On Dec 13, 2015
Lord av mercy...
Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 13, 2015
400mil USD * NGN200 = errorCalc shocked

1 Like

Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by spako4(m): 6:33pm On Dec 13, 2015
Just imagine, a public servant with 400 million dollars in his account .
Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by chinnyonwu(m): 6:59pm On Dec 13, 2015
As much as i prefer this news to be true, i doubt its authenticity. $400m? Let me wait for more credible sources to report same. Nigeria journalism is one of the most juseless in the world.
Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by Demmocrats(m): 7:01pm On Dec 13, 2015
Those dude deserve to be shot.
Re: Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million by ajepako(f): 7:01pm On Dec 13, 2015
Buhari is begging looters?

Is it the same PDP looters that ported to APC?

On second thought, what happens to Buhari's 'body language'

Passingshot, over to you

Awaiting your 'expert' analysis and 'semantics'

grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos, We Need To Take Over APC / Before U Criticize Pmb Appointment Check Out Gej "Record Breaking" Appointment / South East Is Not Landlocked (proof)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.