Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,953 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff (14577 Views)

FG Opposes Electricity Tariff Reversal, Backs NERC / Federal High Court Voids Hike In Electricity Tariff, Fines NERC/DISCOS / New Electricity Tariff: Buhari May Face 1st Labour Showdown As NLC,TUC Spit Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by deeptesting(m): 8:55am On Dec 14, 2015
I don`t even understand how these people in Government reason....It is simply because Nigerians are docile and corrupt. Otherwise what is the rational for increasing tariff without a corresponding power supply? How? How?? How God how did you make black man this way? How?

2 Likes

Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by kechywillz(m): 8:56am On Dec 14, 2015
God help us. And Apc supporter will see nothing wrong in this. Suffering and smiling sad
Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 14, 2015
Tariff review again, what nonsense! The 750 we pay monthly and d high rate isnt enough. This guys are criminals they are suppose to approach banks for loans not use customers to generate the capital they need for expansion. These guys are bunch of thieves.

4 Likes

Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by Vicadonis(m): 8:56am On Dec 14, 2015
No light yet they want to increase tariff.

1 Like

Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 14, 2015
I laugh in chin chun voice.
Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by Priest200(m): 9:02am On Dec 14, 2015
tafrica:

https://www.today.ng/news/national/51380/nerc-set-to-release-new-electricity-tariff?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Na wa o..there is God o.,chai...no light and una dey increase bill..God dey watch.

1 Like

Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by Royals1st: 9:05am On Dec 14, 2015
Aha fashola talk something fast ooo aha abi u wan talk say u no do meeting with this ppl na u be the oga patapa for nepa ppl no fall my hand ooo i swear i no trust this Govt
Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by hemucology(m): 9:05am On Dec 14, 2015
I beg no be by force them use NEPA

I will go and service my generator very well and buy another one for extral

Phcn or NEPA if u increase ur bill u just dey do ur self OK
Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by arigold1304(m): 9:06am On Dec 14, 2015
This govt is scam.......let light be stable then we talk about tariff...........
Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by donj84: 9:14am On Dec 14, 2015
tafrica:

https://www.today.ng/news/national/51380/nerc-set-to-release-new-electricity-tariff?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Hmmmmm..let that new tariff not be the one that they will increase the present tariff ooo because ders no light and pple using pre paid meter pay maintenance fee of 750 monthly even if they don't even see d light in a month..Nigeria govt shud be very careful with what ever decisions they are making next year oooo because an hungry man is an angry man..supposing there is regular payment of salaries, I don't think pple will be complaining abt any new tariff..check how revolution started in other countries, those rebels didn't gather to start it, one will hear dat some pple have started protesting and they will put their pple der that will leave to full revolt..now in the north boko haram is doing theirs in the north, dats not enough, biafra have started diers in the east, now we don't know wat the shiite muslims will do, we don't know what will happen again in south south if Tompolo decided to fight the govt back or wat his boys will do if Tompolo is held..now they fighting governor Fayose and we all know what happened when they wanted to impeach him..so all the four cardinal point of the country are gradually breathing crisis if federal govt don't careful decisions..me I don't want crisis ooo because if it does come, Naija wud be controlled by other countries and dats wat they are waiting for
Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by jideflows(m): 9:16am On Dec 14, 2015
They should pls discontinue with the fixed charge.#notofixedcharge#.I pay abt 800naira as fixed charge n I dont use up to 700naira a whole month.. I buy 1500 every month.. fixed charge is 800. Tax is 5% feom both fixed charge n what u re buy.. that doibble taxing as well.. Fashola pls no to fixwd charge. . Let's pay for what we use n stop the double taxing...

1 Like

Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by udeh3(m): 9:18am On Dec 14, 2015
And they said GEJ did nothing when he was in power...! God is indeed watching. Thank God for the international community!
Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by Onegai(f): 9:25am On Dec 14, 2015
Hmm, I'm conflicted about this...

Where I stay, we pay a high tariff. As in, ridiculously high. But we also have light 12-18 hours daily. I mean, once in a while 4 hours of no light will occur but in general I am usually surprised to find no light at home. Where my brother stays, high tariff but almost 21 hours of light. The management uses diesel generators so no-one is having sleepless nights about fuel scarcity and gens. I can plan laundry and cooking and expect light to be available, rather than hope for the best, yet be paying bills (which is what most Nigerians are getting).

Granted, it is really bad and the rates are high and the surcharges not pretty. But at our former place, bills were reaching N38, 000 monthly with 5 hours of light on a decent day if we got lucky.

Would you prefer to pay high and get it? Or keep fighting and spend money and be stressed on generators?

1 Like

Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by ODUBEZE: 9:38am On Dec 14, 2015
I tire for this government ooooo!
They keep creating and hiking bills!
- with little or no service rendered
- no metre
- no job e.t.c
This is an anti people party!
Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by donvicky2007: 9:38am On Dec 14, 2015
This govt. Is a pin in the ass,were are the NLC and TUC,they should go and talk sense to those regulatory exploiters or expect the masses to talk the law into their hands........for a good damn one week there is no power supply in my area and those good for nothing regulators are talking of increasing bill...........The govt should be talking on how to increase power suppy and make it stable through out the country....and they should adopt off-grid power generation so that our National grid wont collaspe.
Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by SweetSoup(m): 9:39am On Dec 14, 2015
All Fashola is good at is generating revenue to the detriment of the masses. Heard he is also proposing the return of tollgate on all federal roads like he did with the lekki expressway. Make i chill dey observe tinz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by Rexnegro(m): 9:50am On Dec 14, 2015
how I wish we can all disconnect our houses say we no want light again until they provide constant light then if they like make they increase tariffs we no go worry since light constant 24/7, 365 a year..... left to me I'd rather go with solar power or inverter plant. #bastards no light yet they want to increase tariff
Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 14, 2015
Why are we paying for NERC soo much to give us so little.. one day the people will become tired of this bullshit and start killing PHCN officials
Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by bigass123(m): 9:57am On Dec 14, 2015
Which way Nigeria... undecided
If this continue... I foresee a very wild revolution. Even a coward will prefer to die at some point of maltreatment. God save this nation from maladministration embarassed
Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 14, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
GOD SEE US THROUGH ALL THIS TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS WE FACING UNDER PMB'S GOVERNMENT

These Policies were formulated under clueless GEJ administration, if he had spent more time tackling the countries problems as he spent sipping sapele water we would have been better off.Imagine Naira to dollar jumoing from 166 last dec to 254 this dec. angry

1 Like

Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by chinchum(m): 10:43am On Dec 14, 2015
Prepaid meters should be released to all consumers , and a timeline be given to outlaw old meters not prepaid, Fixed charge should be suspended at the moment, till when the prepaid meters have been significantly complied with. Nigerians will learn to conserve what it pays for via pre-paid.
Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by eightsin(m): 10:46am On Dec 14, 2015
The price of everything is going up.... why hasn't the government increased salaries?

Oh!!! They even can't pay minimum wage, they say!
Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by dmoraks: 11:12am On Dec 14, 2015
pls tell them their we no fixed charge agian on prepare meter when you want to increase the tariff
Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by loopman: 11:39am On Dec 14, 2015
The issue of tarrif increase by the DISCOS will always be a dicey issue,which one come first, egg comes first or chicken comes first.?
Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 14, 2015
Demmocrats:
I love my Sai Buhari, Fashola and APC but it seems all there moves are moving Nigeria into revolution.

May God help us in this difficult time.
If Fashola has decided to approve it, it is for our good.

1 Like

Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:58pm On Dec 14, 2015
SweetSoup:
All Fashola is good at is generating revenue to the detriment of the masses. Heard he is also proposing the return of tollgate on all federal roads like he did with the lekki expressway. Make i chill dey observe tinz

This is my biggest problem with Fashola. He sounds smart and is eloquent but his decisions are just to increase suffering of the masses.

Is it so hard for Fashola to understand things are hard in the country. The revenue is dwindling. No jobs.

So why is Fashola thinking of increasing Tariff.

1 Like

Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:00pm On Dec 14, 2015
asuustrike2009:

If Fashola has decided to approve it, it is for our good.

For which person's goods. Power is privatized. The government still allocates money for power, although reduced. We pay an extra N750 maintenance. Is that not enough to work.
Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by maasoap(m): 2:19pm On Dec 14, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
GOD SEE US THROUGH ALL THIS TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS WE FACING UNDER PMB'S GOVERNMENT
May be amnesia dey worry you. No be your Clueless hero sold PHCN to his cronies? No be all of una dey encourage am to privatise it? Now, Buhari is helpless.
Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 14, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

For which person's goods. Power is privatized. The government still allocates money for power, although reduced. We pay an extra N750 maintenance. Is that not enough to work.
There's no gain without pain. Nothing good comes easy that is why it wasn't fully privatised in the first place. By the time the rates goes up, the companies will be able recouple a large amount of money to invest more. Each state should start generating it's own power supply
Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by Mustay(m): 3:07pm On Dec 14, 2015
This is where we need out Legislature. . .

1 Like

Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by jliusadura(m): 4:50pm On Dec 14, 2015
Handsomebeing:

I bought 2k worth this morning which gave me 122 units. The last time I bought was 3k which gave me about 103 units.
how many days did 103 units last?
Re: NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff by alaskido(m): 4:54pm On Dec 14, 2015
Light we no dey get and them want to increase tariffs. Buhari the killer of the poor masses.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Transported N4.7bn Poll Funds For Obanikoro, Ex-aide Confesses / Body Mass Index Now Criterion For Promotion, Says Navy / Nwaoboshi: Akpabio’s Allegation Untrue, I Didn’t Get 53 Contracts From NDDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.