Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,310 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) (45106 Views)

Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift / 48 Years Of Range Rover: The Evolution Of The World’s Most Luxurious SUV / A Review Of Range Rover Vogue: Wike's Official Car (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) by stevecantrell: 2:23pm On Dec 14, 2015
otiigba1:
Gbam! Don't care if its chinese or vietnamese even aba made or Range monkey. Me too i want one ! tongue

Ok , like how much is it ?

Anybody know ?
Re: Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) by DonX001: 2:55pm On Dec 14, 2015
Omo, na to begin dey import this one sharperly become regional distributor for Nigeria.
At least if you cannot afford a Range, u can afford a Land Wind.
#ibomanbusinessmode activated! grin
Re: Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) by pavoda: 3:15pm On Dec 14, 2015
tHIS IS A Death trap at best.
Re: Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) by EazyMoh(m): 3:59pm On Dec 14, 2015
amtaken:
It's still produced by the same Range Rover but in their Chinese factory.

Almost all the leading autos in the world have their factories in Chna where they produce their cars with Chinese specifications.

No, you got it wrong there is a very big difference between original product made in China and the replica made in China or even any country for that matter. The former is as standard and qualitative as the product can be where ever it's manufactured in the world. Example is apple products which due to very low cost of production, more than half of apple products are manufactured in China. Same with almost all top world brands.
The latter are simply a different company copying the design/feautes and specifications of the products which are generally cheaper but far lower quality.
In Chinese law it's ONLY the name that you are not allowed to use. for example you can see may fake products with the named brands spelt a little different with the original.
Hell! in some other countries you can even copy the full correct name brand!
Re: Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) by outflank: 5:48pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hope say e go cheap sha!
Re: Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) by phazotron(m): 6:04pm On Dec 14, 2015
it could be badge engineering. same car, different brand name.
Re: Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) by ndat(m): 6:11pm On Dec 14, 2015
[quote author=Demmocrats post=40985695]

At least not all chicks will know the difference so you can still toast them with that ride and they will think its the main Range Evoque grin grin

all 4 punanny
Re: Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) by xklucvG: 6:35pm On Dec 14, 2015
Nice i will just delete the Land Wind and paste Range Rover its becomes original.
Re: Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) by LordReed(m): 7:16pm On Dec 14, 2015
Mayflowa:

No. But it does have same design variant with the land rovers. It isn't?

Did you know Jaguar Land Rover complained about the design? If it was OK would they have?

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) by LordReed(m): 7:22pm On Dec 14, 2015
amtaken:
You people fail to realise there's something called joint venture and also franchise.

Most auto plants in China are co-owned by their parent companies but with a lot of Chinese presence as Chinese believe so much in themselves. And, don't you ever think that those cars are not strong because they are very strong.

The only Chinese products that are not good are the ones they export, and this is caused by our importers who demand for less quality so as to make maximum gain.

I have been to China 3x this year alone so I know what am saying.

Land Wind doesn't have any affiliation or working agreement with Jaguar Land Rover, stop making useless arguments.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 14, 2015
amtaken:
I know what am saying. Am a regular visitor to China so I know. It's very hard for you to see any car in China that's not made in China. Chinese believe in themselves a lot. The auto manufacturing industry owners know that so they have their auto plants in China. Do your research first before you argue please.

Major vehicle manufacturer's have plants in China, that's true. The vehicles produced here (let's say a Volkswagen Passat) will be produced under license of VWAG, and most often badged the same.

Romania is an example - they build Renault models under license from the French manufacturers, branded Dacia.

Very different to a Volkswagen Passat replica, that may look like a European model, but with different engines, and enough subtle changes with which they will defend any lawsuits, stating that "their design" has enough differences to make it a different model to the original.

I don't know how often you've visited China, neither do I really care, but if you don't know the difference between a vehicle built in China under license from the original manufacturer, and a blatant replica of an original production NOT licensed by the original manufacturer, then YOU need to do your research, and quit defending abusers of intellectual property.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) by amtaken(f): 8:34pm On Dec 14, 2015
I didn't notice the difference in names earlier.

Bye.
Siena:

Major vehicle manufacturer's have plants in China, that's true. The vehicles produced here (let's say a Volkswagen Passat) will be produced under license of VWAG, and most often badged the same.

Romania is an example - they build Renault models under license from the French manufacturers, branded Dacia.

Very different to a Volkswagen Passat replica, that may look like a European model, but with different engines, and enough subtle changes with which they will defend any lawsuits, stating that "their design" has enough differences to make it a different model to the original.

I don't know how often you've visited China, neither do I really care, but if you don't know the difference between a vehicle built in China under license from the original manufacturer, and a blatant replica of an original production NOT licensed by the original manufacturer, then YOU need to do your research, and quit defending abusers of intellectual property.
Re: Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) by paix(m): 8:51pm On Dec 14, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Africans, waht are you producing?

Everything imported. From religion to clothes to even hair..

. True talk!!!!
Re: Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) by ColeworldMD(m): 9:27pm On Dec 14, 2015
HungerBAD:
These Chinese people, are they Okay?

A whole Car?they did a fake one. They have graduated from fake watches, Polo's, shoes, DVD Players to a Car?
fake cars na today? Dis one na just newer models now cheesy
Re: Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 3:17am On Dec 15, 2015
Chinko clone on steroids!!!!

Re: Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 6:59am On Dec 15, 2015
Chinko's answer to the almighty Boeing!!!

Re: Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) by calabardick(m): 1:03pm On Dec 15, 2015
Landwind is an automobile marque owned by the Chinese automaker Jiangling Motor Holding, a joint venture between Changan Auto and Jiangling Motors Corporation (JMC).

Landwind has launched the Landwind X7 which bears a striking resemblance to the Range Rover Evoque. The new car has sparked accusation such as "breach of international regulations" by Range rover.

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) by Originalsly: 5:32pm On Dec 16, 2015
Even at a glance I wouldn't mistake that for a Range Rover. The Ford Explorer is the one that can be easily mistaken for a Range Rover.
Re: Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) by mikolo80: 4:15am On Dec 17, 2015
HungerBAD:
These Chinese people, are they Okay?

A whole Car?they did a fake one. They have graduated from fake watches, Polo's, shoes, DVD Players to a Car?
Tey tey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See How Long It Takes The World’s Richest People To Pay Off Their Cars / The New Honda N-box Is Indeed A Box, But It’s Beautiful (photos) / Question Of The Day.. Whose Garage Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.