Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,941 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Photos Of Baby Boy That Has Brain Growing Inside His Nose - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Photos Of Baby Boy That Has Brain Growing Inside His Nose (2348 Views)

Timaya Completes His House. Inside His Mansion In Pictures / What Is Davido’s Hand Doing Inside His Trousers? / 2face Meets With The Ajegunle Boy That Made Portrait Of Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos Of Baby Boy That Has Brain Growing Inside His Nose by JAYTUNEZ(m): 6:53pm On Dec 14, 2015
A little boy whose brain grew inside his nose has been described as the ‘real-life Pinocchio’ by his proud mum.

Adorable Ollie Trezise was born with a rare condition which caused his brain to grow through a crack in his skull into his nose – making it stick out like the Disney character, Pinocchio .

As the lad grew, so did his nose – forcing the 21-month-old to undergo several painful operations to enable him to breathe.

But his mum, Amy Poole, 22, says the brave tot is now bombarded with cruel comments from strangers , who say he is ‘ugly’ and ‘should never have been born’.

She said

It’s absolutely heart-breaking. Once, a woman told me I should never have given birth to him. I nearly burst into tears.”To me, Ollie is perfect. He is my little real-life Pinocchio and I couldn’t be prouder of him.”

Amy, who has since split from Ollie’s dad, said:

“When they gave me Ollie to hold, I was so surprised that I almost couldn’t speak. “He was so tiny, but there was this enormous golf-ball sized lump on his nose. “At first I wasn’t sure how I would cope. But I knew that I would love him no matter what he looked like.”

Doctors told a terrified Amy that they needed to operate on Ollie to open up his nasal passage and enable him to breathe.

Amy said:

“I was so scared to let Ollie undergo such major surgery. He was so fragile, and I couldn’t bear the thought of losing him.

“But doctors explained that he was at risk of contracting an infection or even meningitis if he tripped and knocked his nose – so I agreed to the surgery.”

In November 2014, Ollie underwent the successful two-hour operation at Birmingham Children’s Hospital.
Ollie will need further operations in the future, but doctors are waiting to see how his skull develops before performing any more invasive surgery.

Amy said:

“We have regular check-ups at the hospital, and things are going really well.

“Ollie will probably never look like all the other children and I’m terrified that he will be bullied at school. But he is such a lovely boy that it’s impossible not to adore him.’ “I think he is absolutely perfect the way he is. There is nothing wrong with being different.

Culled from Daily Record

http://tunezmedia.com/?p=39408

*mods pls help move to right topic

Re: Photos Of Baby Boy That Has Brain Growing Inside His Nose by ChuzzyBlog: 6:54pm On Dec 14, 2015
weird!
Re: Photos Of Baby Boy That Has Brain Growing Inside His Nose by Ebubeslym(m): 7:00pm On Dec 14, 2015
Chai!
What a pitiable situation.
God is ur strength woman.

For those of us who were born with no deformity can we pls appreciate God with some likes .

16 Likes

Re: Photos Of Baby Boy That Has Brain Growing Inside His Nose by kozmokaz(m): 7:01pm On Dec 14, 2015
his eyes is full of hope and a bright future !!
I pray nothing happens to him

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Baby Boy That Has Brain Growing Inside His Nose by kossyablaze(m): 7:07pm On Dec 14, 2015
I can work on him for free
Re: Photos Of Baby Boy That Has Brain Growing Inside His Nose by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 14, 2015
Last Days creature
Re: Photos Of Baby Boy That Has Brain Growing Inside His Nose by BossBae1(f): 8:37pm On Dec 14, 2015
shocked
Re: Photos Of Baby Boy That Has Brain Growing Inside His Nose by SPDAZZY(f): 10:28pm On Dec 14, 2015
What a cute baby with a sweet smile.

This life!
Re: Photos Of Baby Boy That Has Brain Growing Inside His Nose by seankay(m): 1:11am On Dec 15, 2015
I smell wisdom
Re: Photos Of Baby Boy That Has Brain Growing Inside His Nose by Nobody: 5:57am On Dec 15, 2015
It does happen from time to time.

It's typical of FACIAL OMPHALOCELE
Re: Photos Of Baby Boy That Has Brain Growing Inside His Nose by cruzita(f): 6:47am On Dec 15, 2015
such a sweet boy so full of life.God is ur strength
Re: Photos Of Baby Boy That Has Brain Growing Inside His Nose by Deckynyansha(f): 6:51am On Dec 15, 2015
chai...Lovely MOTHER I must say
Re: Photos Of Baby Boy That Has Brain Growing Inside His Nose by jamesade445: 6:56am On Dec 15, 2015
fe.God is ur strength
Re: Photos Of Baby Boy That Has Brain Growing Inside His Nose by ProudOlodo: 1:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
One of those many things we can't decide or choose in life. I wonder what those folks who said he didn't deserve to be born would have to say if such random stuffs happened to them or their kids. He just doesn't deserve that patronising pity and denial from the mother either. She'll help him better by accepting it, helping him accept it too and earn the life he has and the possibilities it holds for him

(1) (Reply)

Dog Finds An Abandoned Baby/ Foetus And Takes It To Safety (photos) / Reekado Banks Shares Throw Back Picture Of Him, Mother & Brother - Pics / Solidstar Appears In Worst Photo Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.