Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

My Generation My Generation, Need We Slumber? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Generation My Generation, Need We Slumber? (300 Views)

Biafra: Igbo Elites Have Woken From Their Slumber - Nnamdi Kanu / Biafra Agitation Has Woken Igbo Elites From Their Slumber - Nnamdi Kanu / Igbos Are Perpetually Subjected To The Slumber Of Passiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Generation My Generation, Need We Slumber? by waleoyedeji60(m): 7:03am On Dec 15, 2015
Copyright
©2015 by Wale Oyedeji
waleayo60@gmail.com
No part of this story may be reproduced by any means
without the prior permission by the author. Anyone who
wishes to repost this story to any other online forum,
Facebook group, blog or any other website should
endeavour to acknowledge the author's identity and kindly
notify the author by sending him a mail. Love you all.

BY OYEDEJI LUQMAN ADEWALE
Aka walyntinho

Unless we are blinded by the cobweb of ignorance, only then can we be pleased with the current level of development in our fatherland. Unless we have stupidly consumed the fruit of complacence in large quantity, only then can we be contented with the level of our national progress. THEY have been extremely successful in not cresting the concept of Nigerianism into us right from our tenderness largely because of their egocentrism.

Yet we remain Nigerians. We are Nigerians trained by Nigerian teachers (unless your parents could afford better), fed from Nigerian farm produce, nurtured by Nigerian parents and groomed in Nigerian way. Honestly, it will amount, on our own part, to a high level of civil brigandage if our zeal and quest to lift the Nation high falters away on the altar of any of self aggrandizement, ethnocentrism, outright insouciance and male-chauvinism.

We have all been sucking from the breast of Nigeria yet, little or no effort is made to replenish the seemingly drying ocean of milk we all survived on. We are always quick to apportion blame, to point fingers but our input to the growth of the society remain infinitesimal. Agreed that people with dwarfic sight have bastardised every working system in our gracious country but that will never be enough a reason to resign to fate, self resignation is graver than suicide bombing.

If you are a graduate of Economics and you have never in your own capacity addressed a large group of audience or whatever, on the need for redecimalisation of our currency in a bid to redeem our economic image globally, then your have displayed a highest level of ingratitude to the hard labour of your relentless teachers who strived hard to add value to you. If you are a graduate of Biology and you never deemed it fit to educate the general public on the need to embark on compulsory family planning by every Nigerian home to reduce the teaming population defying available resources, then the efforts of your tutors are nothing but an outright wasted adventure. What a sorry case!

You have made your instructors to labour in vain if you are a graduate of Law and you always remain indifferent whenever the right of an average Nigerian is trampled upon. It is, of course, a disservice to the profession of Agriculture if you are a graduate and doesn't feel the urge to feed us the need for diversification of our economy by advocating for the strengthening of Agriculturists.

Because some set of opportunists have almost misdirected our ship of development, our collective dream of totall progress seemed shattered and we become directionless. But we must wake from it, we must stand firmly undaunted and reshape our future to the envy of the global community. Proper orientation precedes every revolution. Stand up today and champion the course of generational emancipation, if not for anything but because posterity is NOT a careless observer!
Re: My Generation My Generation, Need We Slumber? by funlord(m): 7:24am On Dec 15, 2015
smiley
waleoyedeji60:

Unless we are blinded by the cobweb of ignorance, only then can we be pleased with the current level of development in our fatherland. Unless we have stupidly consumed the fruit of complacence in large quantity, only then can we be contented with the level of our national progress. THEY have been extremely successful in not cresting the concept of Nigerianism into us right from our tenderness largely because of their egocentrism.

Yet we remain Nigerians. We are Nigerians trained by Nigerian teachers (unless your parents could afford better), fed from Nigerian farm produce, nurtured by Nigerian parents and groomed in Nigerian way. Honestly, it will amount, on our own part, to a high level of civil brigandage if our zeal and quest to lift the Nation high falters away on the altar of any of self aggrandizement, ethnocentrism, outright insouciance and male-chauvinism.

We have all been sucking from the breast of Nigeria yet, little or no effort is made to replenish the seemingly drying ocean of milk we all survived on. We are always quick to apportion blame, to point fingers but our input to the growth of the society remain infinitesimal. Agreed that people with dwarfic sight have bastardised every working system in our gracious country but that will never be enough a reason to resign to fate, self resignation is graver than suicide bombing.

If you are a graduate of Economics and you have never in your own capacity addressed a large group of audience or whatever, on the need for redecimalisation of our currency in a bid to redeem our economic image globally, then your have displayed a highest level of ingratitude to the hard labour of your relentless teachers who strived hard to add value to you. If you are a graduate of Biology and you never deemed it fit to educate the general public on the need to embark on compulsory family planning by every Nigerian home to reduce the teaming population defying available resources, then the efforts of your tutors are nothing but an outright wasted adventure. What a sorry case!

You have made your instructors to labour in vain if you are a graduate of Law and you always remain indifferent whenever the right of an average Nigerian is trampled upon. It is, of course, a disservice to the profession of Agriculture if you are a graduate and doesn't feel the urge to feed us the need for diversification of our economy by advocating for the strengthening of Agriculturists.

Because some set of opportunists have almost misdirected our ship of development, our collective dream of totall progress seemed shattered and we become directionless. But we must wake from it, we must stand firmly undaunted and reshape our future to the envy of the global community. Proper orientation precedes every revolution. Stand up today and champion the course of generational emancipation, if not for anything but because posterity is NOT a careless observer!

Comr. Oyedeji Luqman Adewale
aka walyntinho

I approve this message! Unfortunately the "owu" that permeates the land has caused most of our youth to reason along the same lines that the "geriatric scoundrels" that have run aground theirs and the nations destiny also do!

Most of them will soon descend on your thread and turn it into a "jingoists theatre of war" rather than reflecting on your synopsis! Keep it up anyway, "a river gets filled up from many sources!!!"

1 Like

Re: My Generation My Generation, Need We Slumber? by Realist2: 7:28am On Dec 15, 2015
Only in this country that a youth born with a great dream will see his dreams filter away even when his still alive, our future has been mortgaged, our leaders whenever they come to power, their only concern is to recycle and perpetrate themselves and their children in power to continue in that vicious cycle, no provision for the general, when they sees that we are becoming unease, they come with deceptive promise.
They ruled their generation, and they still enchained us in our generation.

ONLY REVOLUTION CAN BREAK THIS status-quo.
Re: My Generation My Generation, Need We Slumber? by waleoyedeji60(m): 9:56am On Dec 15, 2015
Yea, we need revolution, but the nature of revolution we are embarking on should be all-inclusive. By this I mean that, the elimination of these political carpetbaggers should be extended to their wards who have benefited from this unholy aggrandizement of public fund and are still living on it. My reason is because they may still galvanize supports when the chance for representation appears using their ill gotten wealth.

(1) (Reply)

Bicameral Legisla - Chop / Alma Mater Honours Afdb President Akinwumi Adesina / Happy New Year NL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.