Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,079 members, 7,838,723 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

U.S. To Begin Reviewing Social Media Posts As Part Of Visa Security Screening - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. To Begin Reviewing Social Media Posts As Part Of Visa Security Screening (870 Views)

FG To Begin Last Evacuation Of Stranded Nigerian Fans In Russia (pics) / Nigeria To Begin Local Production Of E-passports / National Airline To Begin Operations This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S. To Begin Reviewing Social Media Posts As Part Of Visa Security Screening by NUAIT: 7:59am On Dec 15, 2015
WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration is reviewing procedures for vetting would-be immigrants, with an eye toward examining applicants' online presence, to close security gaps in the U.S. visa system, the White House said Monday.

White House spokesman Josh Earnest said the Homeland Security and State departments have been asked to review the process for screening people who apply for visas and to return with specific recommendations.
The Homeland Security Department said it is specifically reviewing policies on when authorities at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services can look at social media posts as part of the vetting process for would-be immigrants applying for certain visas.

See full post here: http://donokereke..com.ng/2015/12/us-set-to-begin-reviewing-social-media.html
Re: U.S. To Begin Reviewing Social Media Posts As Part Of Visa Security Screening by divinehand2003(m): 8:17am On Dec 15, 2015
Lol.
If you want to go to the US, PLS START POSTING, TWEETING OR BLOGGING ABOUT GOOD THINGS THE US IS DOING, PRAISE THE NEW WORLD ORDER, ENCOURAGE HOMOSEXUALITY, STAY AWAY FROM RELIGIOUS FANATICISM, AND SECRETLY WISH TO JOIN ILLUMINATI.
YOU WILL SO WIN THE US VISA OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!
NONSENSE.......

1 Like

Re: U.S. To Begin Reviewing Social Media Posts As Part Of Visa Security Screening by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 15, 2015
Like they've not been doing it before. undecided

Just making it official now.

1 Like

Re: U.S. To Begin Reviewing Social Media Posts As Part Of Visa Security Screening by Alubosa: 8:49am On Dec 15, 2015
Even after one's visa has been approved......I was asked to go for secondary inspection @ JFK in 2013. I was like "Chineke me! shocked !!! When i peeped and saw the border control guy perusing my face book page.
Re: U.S. To Begin Reviewing Social Media Posts As Part Of Visa Security Screening by NUAIT: 3:36pm On Dec 15, 2015
More reason why folks need to mind what they spew on Social Media
Re: U.S. To Begin Reviewing Social Media Posts As Part Of Visa Security Screening by tpiar: 4:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
hmmmmmm
Re: U.S. To Begin Reviewing Social Media Posts As Part Of Visa Security Screening by optimusprime2(m): 7:11am On Dec 18, 2015
But that's not new... They have been doing that already.

(1) (Reply)

4 Things Every Nigerian Should Know Before Travelling Abroad / See What I Found In An Hospital... / Accomodation In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.