Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Serious Judicial Corruption In Federal Court Of Appeal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Serious Judicial Corruption In Federal Court Of Appeal (1128 Views)

Judicial Corruption: Lawyer Seeks To Unseat Supreme Court Judge, Mary Peter-odil / Femi Fani-kayode Discharged By Federal Court (Photos) / Judicial Corruption Will Not Be Condoned – Ag. CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serious Judicial Corruption In Federal Court Of Appeal by olopaole09(m): 10:36am On Jun 05, 2009
It looks like the Judiciary is not immuned from serious corruption. I saw this petition online and hope it isn't true http://anticorruption.faithweb.com Is anyone in the Judiciary in this forum who can confirm this. This people are the last hope of the common man. They shouldn't be takking bribes
Re: Serious Judicial Corruption In Federal Court Of Appeal by chinwedlaw: 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2009
Are the authors of this petition real?. These Justices are well known to Nigerians. The President of the Court of Appeal Justice Abdullahi is a man with many accolades. If this is true and ICPCs investigation shows that those account numbers listed in the petition truly belongs to the Justices and they have been used for illegal activities like, bribery and corruption then we are in trouble in this country. The Leadership of the Bench must act and act fast.
Re: Serious Judicial Corruption In Federal Court Of Appeal by olopaole09(m): 8:17pm On Jun 06, 2009
My bros chinwedlaw I know say na una lawyers go understand this kind of things. Abi ur dlaw no mean say u b lawyer. Anyway I look court of appeal website http://www.courtofappeal.gov.ng and some of the Judges are President of their division. Like Ibiyeyi Presides over Benin Division. The yoruba Woman Ogunbiyi and Galinje are in Lagos while Ariwoola is in Kaduna. How can we get Justice with this kind of thing.
Re: Serious Judicial Corruption In Federal Court Of Appeal by olopaole09(m): 5:02pm On Jun 07, 2009
Which Leadership are you talking about when the President of the Court of Appeal is mentioned in the Petition as the Leader of the Pack
Re: Serious Judicial Corruption In Federal Court Of Appeal by jamace(m): 9:26pm On Jun 07, 2009
Don't mind these lawyers. Observe that since democracy was restored, lawyers have started developing abnormal potbelly, evidence of bribe taking and all sorts of corruptions. Shame on them. angry angry
Re: Serious Judicial Corruption In Federal Court Of Appeal by legalowl: 12:25pm On Jun 08, 2009
Hi olopaole! Who u b. Thief Police. How many thieves have you caught so far. Someone directed me to this posting. I am aware of this petition. The people who did the website are partially correct. Investigation is still ongoing. Nobody will kill anything. Hopefully. The Chairman is an OK man. Even that his colleagues are seriously involved does not mean he willl cover up. Our Politicians are still the problem not the Judiciary. Even if the Judges took the bribe someone wust have offerd it now. So we should still face the Do or die Politician. They are the real thieves you should be chasing
Re: Serious Judicial Corruption In Federal Court Of Appeal by JJYOU: 12:34pm On Jun 08, 2009
olopaole09:

It looks like the Judiciary is not immuned from serious corruption. I saw this petition online and hope it isn't true http://anticorruption.faithweb.com Is anyone in the Judiciary in this forum who can confirm this. This people are the last hope of the common man. They shouldn't be takking bribes
whyy do things like these surprise any one?
Re: Serious Judicial Corruption In Federal Court Of Appeal by olopaole09(m): 1:38pm On Jun 09, 2009
jamace:

Don't mind these lawyers. Observe that since democracy was restored, lawyers have started developing abnormal potbelly, evidence of bribe taking and all sorts of corruptions. Shame on them. angry angry

Na true you talk Jamace, but my problem be say dem b d last hope of common man. Na wa o. U need to b rich to survive in dis country o.

legalowl:

Hi olopaole! Who u b. Thief Police. How many thieves have you caught so far. Someone directed me to this posting. I am aware of this petition. The people who did the website are partially correct. Investigation is still ongoing. Nobody will kill anything. Hopefully. The Chairman is an OK man. Even that his colleagues are seriously involved does not mean he willl cover up. Our Politicians are still the problem not the Judiciary. Even if the Judges took the bribe someone wust have offerd it now. So we should still face the Do or die Politician. They are the real thieves you should be chasing

That is not the point legalowl. Judges should even be made to pay twice the price for taking bribe. No b dem dey tell us say dem b "god on earth". Say after they decide your case na only God in high heavens fit upturn am. Abi your own god dey take bribe.
Re: Serious Judicial Corruption In Federal Court Of Appeal by redsun(m): 1:46pm On Jun 09, 2009
If the judiciary was incorruptable,won't there be rule of law in nigeria?Why will anybody be surprise that so- called learned men are corrupt in nigeria?
Re: Serious Judicial Corruption In Federal Court Of Appeal by olopaole09(m): 1:59pm On Jun 09, 2009
redsun:

If the judiciary was incorruptable,won't there be rule of law in nigeria?Why will anybody be surprise that so- called learned men are corrupt in nigeria?

It is not that i dey surprised my bro. Na d implication I dey try point out. Have you noticed that we talk about every other person being corrupt but rarely talk about Judges. They are d conerstone of our democrazy and rule of law. Without dem democracy will not work. So if dem dey take bribe na revolution remain for this country o. In d revolution Judges too must go
Re: Serious Judicial Corruption In Federal Court Of Appeal by redsun(m): 2:30pm On Jun 09, 2009
Of course,it is a failed state the way it is at the moment.Real demonstration of craze,ooh,Fela is a legend.
Re: Serious Judicial Corruption In Federal Court Of Appeal by legalowl: 1:09pm On Jun 10, 2009
olopaole09:

That is not the point legalowl. Judges should even be made to pay twice the price for taking bribe. No b dem dey tell us say dem b "god on earth". Say after they decide your case na only God in high heavens fit upturn am. Abi your own god dey take bribe.

I don't agree with you that Judges should pay twice but as I said i am aware of this petition, I will need to reconfirm the accusation of possible coverup made on the website of the petition. What i am saying is that if there are no bribe givers there will be no bribe taker. I still have my doubt in the claims made about coverup
Re: Serious Judicial Corruption In Federal Court Of Appeal by olopaole09(m): 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2009
So have you gotten anything for us legalowl. Or you have also joined them in the cover up as said by the Anticorruption website?
Re: Serious Judicial Corruption In Federal Court Of Appeal by legalowl: 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2009
I told you Olopaole that investigation in the petition is ongoing though it seem to have taken three and a half month already. You can read todays Thisday on this. Excerpts below

Abia: ICPC Probes Petition against Judges

From Ali M. Ali in Abuja, 06.16.2009

The Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (IC-PC) has confirmed receipt of a petition filed by a group, the Nigerian Coalition for Justice, alleging corruption in the process that led to the Court of Appeal in Port Harcourt to declare Chief Theodore Orji as the duly elected governor of Abia state, saying it is currently investigating the contents of the petition.
Resident media consultant of the anti-corruption agency, Folu Olamiti, told THISDAY that investigation into the petition was on-going but declined further comment.
The petition was dated March 4th , 2009 and was titled 'Corruption and Miscarriage Of Justice in the Appeal Court' and signed by Messrs Bala Tukur and A.B Femi.The duo alleged that the judges were compromised by accepting cash gift before delivering judgment last February that reversed the decision of the Abia State Election Petitions Tribunal which earlier voided the election of Orji.
The Lower tribunal had in February 2008, held that as public servants, Orji and his deputy, Mr. Chris Akomas, did not resign 30 days before the April 2007 election as stipulated by law. It also agreed with Ugochukwu's claim that Orji belonged to a secret cult, called the Okija shrine. Based on these, the tribunal nullified Orji's election and ordered that Ugochukwu be inaugurated as the governor of the state.
It also held that the governor and his deputy failed to prove that they resigned before the election and that the governor failed to prove that he was not a member of a secret cult. But the Appeal Court said the Justice Yusuf Abdulahi-led lower tribunal's judgment was 'chame-leonic' and 'somersaulting.'
In his lead judgment, which lasted for over four hours, Justice Saka Ibiyeye rejected the grounds upon which the lower court annulled the governor's victory.

They therefore, requested the commission to determine how come the Justices and the President of the Appeal Court had high volume of banking traffic in their accounts.
Re: Serious Judicial Corruption In Federal Court Of Appeal by Fhemmmy: 2:17pm On Jun 16, 2009
Is there are area in Nigeria that is immune to corruption?
Re: Serious Judicial Corruption In Federal Court Of Appeal by legalowl: 1:43pm On Jun 20, 2009
It looks like preliminary investigation has been concluded now and I am sure you will soon hear from the Chairman. It looks like the Petitioners did their home work well.

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigeria A Failed Nation ? / You Must Be Regretting Being A Nigerian By Now! Arent You? / U.S. - Nigeria Binational Commission Inaugurated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.