Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,113 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) (40581 Views)

Police Kill 2 Robbers In Abuja, Recover Pistol And Bullets (photo) / The Mum And 14-Month-Old Daughter Killed By Festac Bank Robbers Yesterday / Photos From The Festac Bank Robbery Incidence, 14-month-old Baby & Mother Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by dre11(m): 3:32pm On Dec 15, 2015
Olaleye Aluko and Tunde Ajaja

The police in Lagos have arrested a suspect, Akiri-Kemepamini Wisdom, who allegedly participated in the bank robbery in the FESTAC Town area of the state on Tuesday, October 13.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the 32-year-old suspect and one Diokoro Chinedu, were apprehended by the Igando Police Division last Tuesday along the LASU-Iba Road, while 86 bullets and an AK-49 rifle were recovered from them.

Our correspondent had reported on Wednesday, October 14, that the robbery gang stormed two commercial banks in the FESTAC Town area on the fateful day, during which a mother and her child were shot dead.

According to the police, Kemepamini-Wisdom and Chinedu, who were on an unregistered motorcycle, were arrested during a stop-and-search, while a third suspect, also on the motorcycle, escaped. A bag was said to have been recovered from them.

It was gathered that apart from the ammunition and the rifle, other items found in the bag were a Nigerian Army cap, a T-shirt with the inscription, ‘Gallant Patrol’, and the sum of N134,675.

Speaking with PUNCH Metro, Wisdom, who hails from the Ese Odo Local Government Area of Ondo State, said he and the runaway suspect were given an instruction by their boss, identified simply as TK , to take the bag to a man, whose name he claimed not to know.

He said, “I am a fisherman. It was my friend, Kinikini , who carried the bag. We were told by our boss to deliver the bag to another man. I am an errand boy to the gang leader. He and his boys stay in the creeks. He has many guns and I do not know how many he uses for operation.

“They usually give me about N4,000 for such delivery. Now that I have been arrested, I know I am dead because they will be trailing me thinking I have leaked their secrets to the police.”
Chinedu, however, denied being aware of the contents of the bag, saying he was just a victim of circumstances.

The Imo State indigene added that if he was aware of what his passengers were carrying, he would not have taken them.

He said, “I am an okada rider in Victory Estate, in the Iba area. I picked the two men around Monkey Village bus stop. They said I should take them to Iyana School. When we got there, they said I should take them to Igando.

“On the way, we met policemen on stop-and-search. If I knew they had such weapons in their bag, I wouldn’t have stopped for the policemen, but I didn’t know what was in the bag. When the policemen asked them what was inside the bag, they couldn’t answer.

“When one of the policemen touched the bag, he said what he touched felt like a gun. I told the policeman to hold them responsible because they owned the bag and that I was just an okada rider.

“The police have searched my house but they didn’t find anything. I am innocent. If God should save me from this trouble, I will never ride okada again.”

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, who paraded the suspects, said they were assisting the police with investigations.

He said, “They actually attempted to drop the bag and run away, but they were arrested. One of them is an errand boy to the kingpin of the gang that carried out the bank robbery in FESTAC recently. He is helping us with our investigations.”

www.punchng.com/festac-bank-robbery-suspect-arrested-with-86-bullets/

lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by amnesty7: 3:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
But Dasuki and co. are still worse than these guys. Imagine how many soldiers and civilians they had indirectly killed.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 15, 2015
See their shittt faces.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by sukkot: 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2015
festac boys. hmmm

1 Like

Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2015
Jonathanohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh embarassed

Collect their account numbers and mobile phones and run with the necessary information shocked

Great job, NPF wink

5 Likes

Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by R0LL0N(m): 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2015
Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by DiegoNakel(m): 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2015
Yeye people

1 Like

Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by coolhamid(m): 4:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hope those guys am seeing are the real criminal? Because NPF can just parade some set of guys and tagged them criminal just for the general public to believe that they(NPF) are really working.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by oluwaSmith1(f): 4:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
na wao
Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by PAnaceA7(m): 4:27pm On Dec 15, 2015
Lagos and Robbery these days are like 5 and 6....Gov Ambode pls do something

2 Likes

Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 15, 2015
shocked
Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 15, 2015
They look scary!
Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by Lilimax(f): 4:27pm On Dec 15, 2015
Oju ole re! embarassed

1 Like

Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by adrelanine: 4:27pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hehe
Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by Smartsyn(m): 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2015
Christmas is over for them, what a pity

3 Likes

Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by diasporaman(m): 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2015
It's a tragedy to live a life without purpose.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by kennyman2000(m): 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2015
ohh boy eeee...
Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 15, 2015
Just got back from 4 months imprisonment by Lala and am on FP. "Person wey suspend small pikin toy for air with right hand, hand go tire am one day". 9ja which way, dis country is getting harder each passing day.
Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2015
A thief will always be a thief
Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by wellmax(m): 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2015
Good for them
Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2015
good work
Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by eyeview: 4:31pm On Dec 15, 2015
I really feel for the okada man. It could have been any other okada man. Please,I plead that the police should release him as they have found him as a mere victim of circumstance

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by cruzita(f): 4:34pm On Dec 15, 2015
some people no go celebrate dis Christmas at last.I no dey pity anybody because when dem dey attack dem no dey pity people
Re: FESTAC Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested With 86 Bullets (photo) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 15, 2015
embarassed

Onye okada say no more okada for him if God saves him... meaning say hungry go waya am!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kester Ehiwe Kidnapped And Killed In Edo. Photo / Watch How Hi-tech Thieves Stole Mercedes In Just 1 Mins Without Using The Keys / Orphan Raped By Husband Of Woman Who Adopted Her, Suffers Urinary Incontinence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.