Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,502 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Fashola Calls For A Change In House Rent Collection System In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Calls For A Change In House Rent Collection System In Nigeria (45750 Views)

Tension!! Aso Rock Explodes As Fashola Calls Buhari Biggest Looter In Office. Re / Saraki Gets Standing Ovation In House Of Reps (photos) / Fashola Calls For State Police, Apologises On Deportation Of Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Calls For A Change In House Rent Collection System In Nigeria by Emjay1310(m): 11:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
u are on point. but this is not applicable to nigerians at the moment. only if the tenants will give their respective banks standing order to pay their landlords as soon as money enters their account, no one will agree that he has money o.
Re: Fashola Calls For A Change In House Rent Collection System In Nigeria by Ximonak: 11:27pm On Dec 16, 2015
macklef:

+ @mekaboy

Your arguements lack depth. Even if i havnt built a house yet, my parents have before my eyes
I know how stressful n expensive it can be to errect a building.
Now, if one decided to rent the house out, does it mean u must strangle people
With house rent?
A building is a fixed asset that can land for nothing less than a decade. It is a continious
Source of income not an initial profit maximization
A landlord must know that he would make his gains overtime not on one time so as such he should be flexible with his rent collection n not make d lowly ones suffer

Are there not hotel of 5k per night, and 100k also, so are you telling me that the 100k per night is not flexible?

Government should do the right thing first, build low cost housing, and not 10- 100million housing and be advertising it as low cost...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Calls For A Change In House Rent Collection System In Nigeria by jayzblack(m): 1:03am On Dec 17, 2015
fashiola when you were there why didn't u change it?
Re: Fashola Calls For A Change In House Rent Collection System In Nigeria by ladej(m): 3:35am On Dec 17, 2015
Millerz:
he's very correct. Its only in Nigeria and some other primitive African countries this happens in.

In the western world, house rent is paid monthly. On no account will your house owner ask for more.
Nigeria is primitive hence the annual collection mechanism
Re: Fashola Calls For A Change In House Rent Collection System In Nigeria by skedy1(m): 6:15am On Dec 17, 2015
mekaboy:
Nonsense. has the govt ever helped the landlords in any way?

They buy land u collect tax, omonile collect their own. They have to fix the roads by themselves. Buy cement and pay for labour complete.

when they finish everything without any support from govt, then you come out to tell them how to collect rent.

Where were u when they were sourcing for funds? Did u provide any installment plans for purchase of building materials.

Fashola, I know you tried in lagos, even though u used just 30% of funds available to lagos state.

Now u act like u have pity for the poor. Which of the building projects you put up for the masses in lagos can the poor afford?

How much does a flat go for? Now your talking of house rent.

You forget that the landlord will pay the 40% increase u intend to add to electricity? You forget the landlord has to buy fuel after u remove subsidy?

Or you don't know the landlord has to buy dollars at 260 to import items to sell?

You have compassion for the poor, yet you re brand website with 78m.

Do you know that you would have empowered over 150 enteprenurs with 500k from that 78m. Instead you approved 78m for a website that has no value to the people.

Abeg make we hear word.

Chaii, see quarrel o!
Re: Fashola Calls For A Change In House Rent Collection System In Nigeria by mikolo80: 6:32am On Dec 17, 2015
Millerz:
he's very correct. Its only in Nigeria and some other primitive African countries this happens in.

In the western world, house rent is paid monthly. On no account will your house owner ask for more.
If you become a landlord today can you collect monthly rent chasing after tenants 12 times a year?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Calls For A Change In House Rent Collection System In Nigeria by psalmsjob: 6:36am On Dec 17, 2015
Monthly rent payment is the solution to our micro and macro economics instability as a nation.

The balancing effect is for landlords to have a government guaranteed access to cash credit in liue of the forfeited advance rent for 3 to 5 years in advance.

I have a good idea that could be a win-win situation for both landlords and tenants; anyone interested can PM me.
Re: Fashola Calls For A Change In House Rent Collection System In Nigeria by mcsnup: 7:33am On Dec 17, 2015
doncaster:
In western world salary are paid monthly as at when due. What will a tenant tell the landlord when he is owned 10 months salary. If you are a landlord/lady will you allow your tenant(Govt worker owned 10 months salary) to stay put on such ground? Be sincere.

One is ok for me thou.
10months you say, how do they manage to eat, cloth themselves, how do they manage transporting to work and other functions, if you have answers to this question then I suppose it's logical to conclude that they would pay rents and utilities in due time...... make I ask self how person when never collect 10months salary they pay 2yrs upfront?
Re: Fashola Calls For A Change In House Rent Collection System In Nigeria by Kingkamal(m): 10:00am On Dec 17, 2015
Only Lagos Ibada road you could remember koo? You need to remember Kano to Daura express road is necessary or else..... ghen ghen I will be watching in 3D. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Arrives Lokoja Court In Police Ambulance (Photo) / Sanwo-Olu Announces Total Ban Of Okada In 6 Local Government / How Bandits Force Oppressed Victims To Release Their Wives, Daughters For Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.