Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,181 members, 7,864,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:22 AM

EA: "We've Maxed Out The 360," But Not The Ps3 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / EA: "We've Maxed Out The 360," But Not The Ps3 (828 Views)

How Much Is The PS3 Presently Sold?? / Used Old Ps3s (20, 60, And 80) Are Increasing In Value Compared To The Ps3 Slim. / Why Hasn't The Ps3 Been Hacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EA: "We've Maxed Out The 360," But Not The Ps3 by kosovo(m): 11:51pm On Jun 05, 2009
t's something we've heard before from developers, and a theory that many in the industry accept as fact. This time, a representative of one of the biggest publishers in the world has echoed the idea that while the Xbox 360 may be at its peak, they haven't yet "maxed out" the PlayStation 3.

In speaking to OXM, Senior VP of EA Games Europe, Patrick Soderlund, made the comments during E3. He first says he really liked the Natal presentation during Microsoft's press conference and freely admits that the 360 is his "personal favorite console." We have difficulty agreeing with his comment that Microsoft "is on a roll right now," based o the current circumstances, but hey, everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion. As for the PS3 and its potential, Soderlund had this to say:

"Sony has a lot of good games this year. If you go to their booth, there's a very consistent, high quality product line-up and that will help them. I do think that we'll see developers inside the organisation getting to understand the PS3 better and I think that we're getting more power out of PS3 right now,  I think that we've maxed out the 360 but we haven't maxed out the PS3."

Recently, some developers - including Sucker Punch, the makers of the inFamous and Quantic Dream, creators of Heavy Rain - have come right out and said that their project couldn't be done on anything but the PS3. Microsoft insists such statements are never true while Sony insists they are (big surprise there), but even Jack Tretton made a point of saying at E3, several times, that certain things are "only possible" on the PS3. And most will say we're already starting to see the gap with certain exclusive titles, what say you?

source

(1) (Reply)

Help ! Help ! Help! He Is Killing Me.(resident Evil 4) / Tgs 09: Ps3 Sells One Million Consoles Since Price Drop / Would It Be Inconvenient For Console Owners IF Cross-Platform Play Comes True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.