Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

'we Respect Our Elders’, Idoma Youths Caution Onjeh Over Provocative Statements - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'we Respect Our Elders’, Idoma Youths Caution Onjeh Over Provocative Statements (946 Views)

'we Are Sorry, Our Elders Misled Us,' Ndi'gbo Youths Beg President Buhari / Benue Rerun: Drama As Gods “settle” For Onjeh Over Mark / SGF, Babachir Under Fire Over ‘provocative’ Remark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'we Respect Our Elders’, Idoma Youths Caution Onjeh Over Provocative Statements by SignalNG1(m): 4:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
The Idoma Youth Vanguard has again taken stock of the unfolding event surrounding the annulment of Senator David Mark's election by the court of appeal and told the All Progressive Party (APC) Benue south candidate, Daniel Onjeh pointedly to desist from making unguarded statements disparaging the Idoma nation.

The group in a press statement signed by its president Mike Ocheibi cautioned Onjeh against the use of foul language against the Idoma people.

The group pointed out that Onjeh in one of his press statements described the Idoma people as most gullible people in the world for believing and supporting the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate Senator David Mark, GCON.

They therefore demanded unreserved apology from Onjeh saying "you have a right to contest election but we also have a right to choose who to vote for.

"We did not make mistake in voting for Mark before and we are ready to vote for him again. We have had enough of these unwarranted provocative attacks on our illustrious son David Mark and the collective interest of Idoma nation.

"Let it be noted that we shall no longer tolerate this untoward behavior. As Africans and an Idoma in particular, we have a good culture and tradition. we have respect for our elders. Besides, a true Idoma man will not be a ready and willing tool to be used against the interest of his people.

"On this cause, we are united in no unmistakable terms to defend the interest of Idoma. We have chosen David Mark and there is no going back , no matter the amount of blackmail and mischief.

"If people like Onjeh loaf around with mischief that David Mark has not done anything for the Idoma nation, we dare ask, who made professor Jerry Agada, Abba Moro, Grace Ogwuche among others Ministers? Who brought the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Otukpo study center? Who brought the multi-billion Otobi water dam? Who facilitated the construction of multi-million naira Oweto bridge now nearing completion?

"Can Onjeh in all honesty deny profiting from Mark’s education programmes?

"Every year, since 2005, over 1,000 students benefit from David Mark Scholarship Foundation (DMSF). At least 20,000 Benue sons and daughters who ordinarily would not have had access to school are today graduates on account of Mark’s benevolence.

"Yet, the likes of Onjeh will be shameless to say Mark has not done anything for his people.

Read more: http://www.signalng.com/we-respect-our-elders-idoma-youths-caution-onjeh-over-provocative-statements/

1 Like

Re: 'we Respect Our Elders’, Idoma Youths Caution Onjeh Over Provocative Statements by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2015
Idoma people live Onjeh alone we Igede youths are behind him let your okpokpowulu go nd die

1 Like

Re: 'we Respect Our Elders’, Idoma Youths Caution Onjeh Over Provocative Statements by Eziachi: 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
David Mark benevolent?
He is a public servant well paid to make laws that will have direct impact in the lives of ordinary masses not making two people ministers. How does Abba Moro being a minister benefit the grandmothers of the idi.ots making these statements in their villages?
How does open university equates to an achievement of a supposed law makers?
Scholarship when those with truck loads of degrees cannot get a job driving lorries?
Benevolent my azz! They make him sounds like father Christmas

2 Likes

Re: 'we Respect Our Elders’, Idoma Youths Caution Onjeh Over Provocative Statements by Technocrat1759(m): 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2015
I know this youth leader nust have been paid. What about the 2 Gana must go filled with boundles of naira notes that got spoilt inside one of the rooms in his otukpo mansion that was disposed of and burnt. Of which i was a witness. Who did Mark help apart frm ceasing accres of lands from his kins men. If i keep talking i might spoil my mood this evening.
Re: 'we Respect Our Elders’, Idoma Youths Caution Onjeh Over Provocative Statements by MansaMoussa: 5:31pm On Dec 16, 2015
Are we not the most gullible ppl in Nigeria?
Re: 'we Respect Our Elders’, Idoma Youths Caution Onjeh Over Provocative Statements by Kyase(m): 5:42pm On Dec 16, 2015
Technocrat1759:
I know this youth leader nust have been paid. What about the 2 Gana must go filled with boundles of naira notes that got spoilt inside one of the rooms in his otukpo mansion that was disposed of and burnt. Of which i was a witness. Who did Mark help apart frm ceasing accres of lands from his kins men. If i keep talking i might spoil my mood this evening.
Calm down, calm down.
Chill boss, cool
Re: 'we Respect Our Elders’, Idoma Youths Caution Onjeh Over Provocative Statements by MRSALT: 10:02pm On Dec 16, 2015
Eziachi:
David Mark benevolent?
He is a public servant well paid to make laws that will have direct impact in the lives of ordinary masses not making two people ministers. How does Abba Moro being a minister benefit the grandmothers of the idi.ots making these statements in their villages?
How does open university equates to an achievement of a supposed law makers?
Scholarship when those with truck loads of degrees cannot get a job driving lorries?
Benevolent my azz! They make him sounds like father Christmas
Your post would have been sensible if you used simple and decent dictum. Many people may fail to understand the message but in truth, you are correct
Re: 'we Respect Our Elders’, Idoma Youths Caution Onjeh Over Provocative Statements by doublewisdom: 10:34pm On Dec 16, 2015
Like Onjeh, most APC supporters are uncouth. Maybe it's as a result of bad parental upbringing. Nairaland is a good reference point.

1 Like

Re: 'we Respect Our Elders’, Idoma Youths Caution Onjeh Over Provocative Statements by Opinedecandid(m): 10:57pm On Dec 16, 2015
NIGERIA CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE FORCED INTO A ONE PARTY NONSENSE.

WE ARE NOT RIPE FOR THAT.

DAVID MARK MUST BE RE-ELECTED!

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Picture Of Sen. Dan Onje And A Nairalander. / Governor Lalong And Ogenyi Onazi Visit IDPs Camp In Plateau / 10 African Minerals Of Highest Economic Value

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.